1. Joined
    09 Sep '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 15:52
    Hi all I am playing ina tournament mini banded tournament - 1 day per move and 7 days of timebank - I am playing the same opponent as balck and white- I am in a winnign position in both games after move 20 - my opponent has gone on vacation ... his timebank has depleted completely but I cannot finish the game around 90% of all the other matches in the tournament have been decided ...... is there anything I can do

Thanks
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 18:39
    No.
    That's what the vacation flag is for.
    Your opponent will have booked extra vacation days and should play before the vacation flag expires.
    However, the timebank will not be replenished so the skull will appear IF the game timeframe expires in the future.
    The remaining games in the rest of the tournament is irrelevant.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 05:03
    Originally posted by chicagod95
    Hi all I am playing ina tournament mini banded tournament - 1 day per move and 7 days of timebank - I am playing the same opponent as balck and white- I am in a winnign position in both games after move 20 - my opponent has gone on vacation ... his timebank has depleted completely but I cannot finish the game around 90% of all the other matches in the tournament have been decided ...... is there anything I can do

Thanks
    No. Just wait it out. No big deal.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 15:25

Thanks
    Yes, wait.

However, you are now in a truly powerful position as your opponent has no timebank left meaning that once they come off vacation they are effectively playing a 1/0 game.

So long as they move within 24 hours of your move they will be OK but if they fail to move within 24 hours of your move, the little skull will appear and you can click the skull and win the game.

However they will still have the ability, vacation time allowing, to go on "holiday again" allowing them more than 1 day to move.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 22:15

Thanks
    your wins on timeout percentage is huge.
  6. Joined
    09 Sep '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 22:16
    here is the update - the 7 days of time bank has depleted and the player has been on vacation for 14 days so far - while I understand the need for a vacation flag - perhaps there should be an exception if you enter a tournament - like a sprint tournament ....
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 22:35
    here is the update - the 7 days of time bank has depleted and the player has been on vacation for 14 days so far - while I understand the need for a vacation flag - perhaps there should be an exception if you enter a tournament - like a sprint tournament ....
    Just 22 more days to go 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree