1. New Jersey
    Moves
    29 May '03 15:13
    What is the story with Tournament Time Outs? I have games in the Hundred to One started on May 16 11:57 GMT -5. I would have assumed that the games should have timed out May 16 + 7 (TO) + 2 (grace period) or May 25th. And it is now May 29th.

I thought that this was fixed and TOs were automatic so that we wouldn't need to claim them.

David

2. Standard membergodzillion
    (dandan)
    State College, PA
    Moves
    29 May '03 16:31
    I asked the same question in another thread. Russ answered that the automatic timeout isn't really automatic as such. It's a script which he runs every nite. When he was away on honeymoon, he didn't run the script, so no auto timeouts were given during that period. Should be back to normal now, though.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Jun '03 20:31
    I still let it slip sometimes even now. (I even feel some guilt when I run it!!! Its no fun being the executioner.)

It will be fully automatic soon.

-Russ
  4. New Jersey
    Moves
    02 Jun '03 00:04
    I understand, which is why I hate taking TOs. Though by making it automatic and publishing it, it becomes a non-issue. Though no matter what you do, someone will complain.

David
  5. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Moves
    02 Jun '03 12:56
    Originally posted by Russ
    I still let it slip sometimes even now. (I even feel some guilt when I run it!!! Its no fun being the executioner.)

It will be fully automatic soon.

-Russ
    i think it will be good when it is fully automatic...
  6. Amsterdam
    Moves
    02 Jun '03 13:52
    Originally posted by dcpk
    I understand, which is why I hate taking TOs. Though by making it automatic and publishing it, it becomes a non-issue. Though no matter what you do, someone will complain.

David
    Well...when you begin a game or a tournament game...you have agreed with the time-out time...so when someone starts shouting about scumbags and those things, they are losers.

Olav

p.s. I think that when someone asks someone not time him out and he puts his vacation setting on...you shouldn't do it...🙂
  7. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    19 Jun '03 14:30
    The recent Quickfire tournament: see group 33: so far only one move made... I take it auto time-outs are still not implemented?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree