1. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 22:14
    Is there some way we could get closure on torunaments that are dragged out by one of two *really slow* players?

I joined this site a year ago. I have entered 23 tournaments. In all that time only *ONE* of these tournament has finished.

Too slow.
  2. Joined
    09 Mar '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 00:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:01
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    Is there some way we could get closure on torunaments that are dragged out by one of two *really slow* players?

I joined this site a year ago. I have entered 23 tournaments. In all that time only *ONE* of these tournament has finished.

Too slow.
    Auto timeouts are one good option.

Otherwise, you're playing in tournaments in which the time control is too slow for you. Maybe we can make some tournaments with faster time controls.
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 14:04
    I made the mistake of entering a 7 days timeout tournament which started in February 2004,I'd never imagine it would have lasted so long, and there are some rounds to play before I'll see the end of it...................
    I'll never repeat that mistake!
  5. Standard memberLazerblue
    Planet Eater
    Manchester UK
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 15:51
    It's very frustrting sometimes, here's the "best" example of this currently in action

It's the only game left in the round, neither player can progess, the game is dead as a contest, and yet still it drags on and on and on....

I certainly don't enter tournaments whenre the timeout is more than 3 with a max time bank of7 against, or the 1/11 and 2/22 are OK as at present.

I think something needs to be done, that is sensible without causing too muh issue.
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 20:01
  7. Standard memberLazerblue
    Planet Eater
    Manchester UK
    Moves
    12 Mar '05 00:36
    Thanks Skeets

Haven't worked that out yet!
  8. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    12 Mar '05 11:24
    I don't think you can really change the rules mid-tournament, which is effectively what you're asking. Both players must be moving within the allotted time, otherwise they'd be timed out.

At least with tournaments you don't have the problem of the clan leagues, where people can leave the site and leave a game in limbo. Hmm, actually, maybe in some cases if the people weren't moving at all the game would be over QUICKER! 😉
  9. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    12 Mar '05 11:27
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Game 741234
    Having said all that, you do have to wonder why this game is still going. It would be different if a stalemate/draw would help someone advance to the next round, but (a) a draw is an incredibly remote hope and (b) it won't make any difference to who progresses and (c) there's not even that many ratings points at stake.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree