Originally posted by bindaschess
Are there any tournaments for non subscribers? If yes how do I identify them. I see a few available tournaments on my home page but when I want to join them, it denies stating that the tournament is only for subscribers. If it is only for subscribers why does that pop up on my home page?
A few explanatory remarks:
* The site wants people to become subscribers.
* People will subscribe if they do have enough value for their dollars.
* Tournaments are subscriber only. MIght be that some people consider a subscription if they can play in tournaments and be recognised for winning those.
* Non-subs get advertisments. You can think of the open tournament list on your home as an advertisment of RHP/TFC/CAW
* Non-subs are restricted to six parallel games. It would be near to impossible to put on that constraint if non-subs would be allowed into tournaments.
* There are sometimes (nit every year) torunaments for non-subscribers.
*There are privately organised tournaments for non-subs , eg. in Clubs, try Club 289
if you want to.