1. Joined
    09 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 22:41
    I disagree old chap, if you start a tournament for non-subscribers it surly encourages them to join the site. An invitation to non-subscribers to join a tournament would be a welcome innovationhttp://www.redhotpawn.com/board/post.php?threadid=40994&frompage=1#
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/post.php?threadid=40994&frompage=1#
  2. Joined
    21 Mar '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 16:46
    Originally posted by brummiered
    I disagree old chap, if you start a tournament for non-subscribers it surly encourages them to join the site. An invitation to non-subscribers to join a tournament would be a welcome innovationhttp://www.redhotpawn.com/board/post.php?threadid=40994&frompage=1#
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/post.php?threadid=40994&frompage=1#
    thanks,finally some1 agrees with me. who u talking 2?
  3. Joined
    21 Mar '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 23:39
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 04:155 edits
    i think you need to see it from russ' point of view ...
    it must be a positive thing.

what type of tournament would be good for rhp and what would be bad?

bad : imagine a long haul dual ...128 players and groupsize two, long timelimit ...

most of the entrants would have left rhp by the second round (nonsubscribers blow through like the wind)

the few who make it to the later rounds would be disillusioned with tournaments, and discouraged from joining.

better :
    a very short timelimit tourney with largish group-size.
    perhaps:
    timeout 0, timebank 14 days,
    196 players
    groupsize 14

would give a positive view of rhp.
    for a few weeks they would be swamped with games.
    after the tourney was over the nonsubs would then know what they are missing (their wife/husband will have left them, their boss will have sacked them, the letterbox wil be full of now overdue bills, and the dog will have died from lack of food)
  5. Joined
    21 Mar '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 21:461 edit
    how about they just make a few tourneys for non-subs? rated, of course. but why not, even small ones. i prefer Swiss System
  6. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 21:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 03:221 edit
    Originally posted by chessviper
    how about they just make a few tourneys for non-subs? rated, of course. but why not, even small ones. i prefer Swiss System
    We don't have swiss tournaments here, subscriber or not.
  8. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 11:221 edit
    You want a tournament that much start paying...If we gave free tournaments out no one would pay for this wonderfull site and it will dissappear....
    So stop asking mate the answer is NO
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 14:16
    Originally posted by smiffy
    You want a tournament that much start paying...If we gave free tournaments out no one would pay for this wonderfull site and it will dissappear....
    So stop asking mate the answer is NO
    In future leave explaining things to people who can actually speak English.
  10. Joined
    21 Mar '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 18:35
    even 2-3 times a year? it might even get them to subscribe, give them a taste of being in a tourney
  11. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 18:45
    even 2-3 times a year? it might even get them to subscribe, give them a taste of being in a tourney
    thats why its best to leave you guessing, in order for you to subcribe and realise just what you are missing out on all for just a couple of quid.🙂
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 21:49
    How would it?

Look at the non sub tourney highlighed earlier in the thread.

32 entrants of which only 5 joined the site. No doubt some of that 5 would have joined irregardless of their "free" tournie so you could say maybe 3 joined as a result of the free tourney which is 10%.

If we assume a similar sized tourney and joining outcome then Russ is potentially going to raise $90 in subscriptions for the setting up of the freebie tourney.

Not exactly a great incentive, is it?
  13. Joined
    21 Mar '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 17:58
    well we need at least one
  14. London
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 19:58
    well we need at least one
    No you don't. Just subscribe.
  15. Joined
    21 Mar '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 22:201 edit
    come to my banner, non-sssssssssssubsssssssssssss, let us fight for annual non ssssssssub tourneyssssss! How do you get a petiton for this kind of stuff, any non ssssssssssubssssss know? Please post here if you support at least an annual non-ssssssub tourney.🙂 Chessssssssssssssssssviper TM

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree