tournaments for non-subscribers

tournaments for non-subscribers

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
25 Apr 06

Originally posted by chessviper
come to my banner, non-sssssssssssubsssssssssssss, let us fight for annual non ssssssssub tourneyssssss! How do you get a petiton for this kind of stuff, any non ssssssssssubssssss know? Please post here if you support at least an annual non-ssssssub tourney.🙂 Chessssssssssssssssssviper TM
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTFU

There is no way on earth that Russ or Chris will consider giving out regular non-sub tourneys. You are lucky that occasionaly there's a non-sub tournament. But there's no point in you continuing your crusade for regular non-sub tourneys, because it ain't going to happen.

c

Moves
25 Apr 06
1 edit

When is the next one?

please post if u support non-ssssssssssub tourneyssssssss

how do u get petitions for this kind of thing?

Chessssssssssssssssssviper TM

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
26 Apr 06

Ssssssssssshut up!

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
26 Apr 06

When is the next one?

You want one so much subscribe mate everyone has had enough of you now.

j

Moves
27 Apr 06

When is the next one?

Try asking Russ. I am sure he will be able to answer your enquries.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
28 Apr 06

When is the next one?

There are no more non subscriber tourneys planned before April 2020.

Why not take out a monthly sub for only $5.95 and then you can join a tourney. That way you get the taste of tourneys and membership privileges

Surely you can afford $5.95? Must be less than a months pocket money surely, or you could even ask your mom and pop for this as a birthday present.

SS

Moves
29 Apr 06
1 edit

MS
Obvious

london

Moves
06 May 06

people on rhp should take note- 25 dollars or so a year subscription is loose change to most of us, however in some less fortunate countries it could take someone a month to earn that kind of money. Yes, many do not subscribe because they don't want to part w. their money. But i'm sure that in some cases people just cannot afford to. I think a one-off tournament for non members is ok, where they can play a maximum of six games (i.e. they are seperated into groups of 4). If this is held once every 9 months or so, i don't see the harm in that.

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
06 May 06
1 edit

Well if you get 1 tournament every 9 months then most people wont subscribe also if people dont subscribe then the site will dissappear.They had a non sub tournament before and as stated before only a few subscribed so the site didnt really gain anything from it.....
But if you dont want to pay then be happy you get 6 games for free thats more than enough.
I see you were a former subscriber hope you subscribe again and supprt this awesome site for another year.

e

Moves
06 May 06

If each and every single thing were to be made available for non-subs, what is the point of subscribing then?

MS
Obvious

london

Moves
06 May 06

I accept your comments and maybe u r right. Perhaps a dual, whereby they only get two games. About this non sub tournament before - was this the only one that there has ever been, as making a judgement based on one tournament is a little unfair. And also was this tournament properly advertised to non members as well? And it has been said only a few subscribed to the site as a result of the tournament, but what about the publicity it generated, and maybe non-members who didn't enter the tournament joined as a result. I remember when i first joined the site and realised that after playing a bit, i didn't want my number of games resistricted and i wanted to access all feactures of the site. Maybe a one-off tourni will wet thier appetite. I do think this is an excellently run site and members should rightly pay for the privilage of using it.

Yes i will of course i will subscribe again, my membership got taken away a few weeks ago without me receiving any notice. When i tried to renew it, it said that people not living in the uk could not use mastreo as a form of card payment, which is the only card i have. I wanted to restrict my games number anyway but when i look at the tournaments page i still feel 'uneasy' that i can't enter one, even though i have no intention of doing so currently.

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
06 May 06

Go to send feedback and im sure that russ will accept the card if you go on there.

G

Moves
06 May 06

I would not have paid to join the site if there were more than a very few free tournaments for nonsubscribers.

j

Moves
07 May 06

If you don't pay you don't play in tournaments is my view, but I take the point about letting non-subscribers have 'taster' tournaments.

Suggest a way forward is to let new users for a period of one month to join tournments only for provisional ranking players.

Thereafter they must either pay the subs or leave the site. Why should subscribers pay for a bunch of freeloaders?

r

Moves
13 May 06

Originally posted by Mr Sardiwal
people on rhp should take note- 25 dollars or so a year subscription is loose change to most of us, however in some less fortunate countries it could take someone a month to earn that kind of money. Yes, many do not subscribe because they don't want to part w. their money. But i'm sure that in some cases people just cannot afford to. I think a one-off to ...[text shortened]... d into groups of 4). If this is held once every 9 months or so, i don't see the harm in that.
any non subs want me to pay for a one month subscription??