1. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 14:47
    God i agree if you want to enter tournaments cough up and pay then you can play in as many as you want then.....
    Whats the point in subscribing if non subs get a free tourney now and then..
    No chance
  2. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 14:56
    Originally posted by smiffy
    God i agree if you want to enter tournaments cough up and pay then you can play in as many as you want then.....
    No chance
    Exactly. You don't have to be Donald Friggin Trump to scrape up 30 bucks. If you want a tournie that bad then pay.
  3. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 14:58
    Nice to see me and you moldy actually agreeing on something.But 30 bucks or 17 pound in uk currency is cheap and also good fun......
    Cough up and stop asking for a free tourney as the answer will be NO.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 14:42
    Originally posted by smiffy
    No chance
    Well, you still have no adverts, no 6 games limit and the option to join clans...
    In addition, if you allow non subs to get into tournaments, maybe the tournaments will be more fun for the subscribers too.
  5. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 15:14
    Originally posted by frev

In addition, if you allow non subs to get into tournaments, maybe the tournaments will be more fun for the subscribers too.
    ??? How is playing a sub vs a nonsub going to make a tournamnet more or less fun?
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 15:57
    It's called competition. The more people can get in the more interesting is the tournament. And at the end, the winner is much happier.

If you want to learn from playing in tournaments, you can learn much more if its open to twice as many people. If you want to test your skills, its much more interesting if you have twice as many potential players.
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 16:43
    What about this:

All tournaments open to subscribers and non subscribers, but non subscribers limited to let's say 2 or 3 tournaments a year.
  8. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 18:11
    It's called competition. The more people can get in the more interesting is the tournament. And at the end, the winner is much happier.

If you want to learn from playing in tournaments, you can learn much more if its open to twice as many people. If you want to test your skills, its much more interesting if you have twice as many potential players.
    It's not like we have so few members in tournaments here that it's the same 8 guys playing every time. There's quite a large sample of members entering tournaments to keep things quite interesting.

I joined this sit almost a year and a half ago, and at that time entered a tournament. It has yet to be completed. Adding twice as many people to the same tournament would insure it wouldn't end till sometime around 2008. This is going to be more interesting? I don't think so.

How about we keep it just like it is, where $30 buys you as many tournaments as you want. Why not ask the lady at the supermarket who gives out free tastes of new food products to serve you a whole meal? It's free right? Therefore you're entitled to a whole meal every day not just a taste right?

Russ is generous with how much nonsubs are allowed to participate here. And it's (mostly) good for the site. I don't begrudge you what you already have. But don't get greedy.
  9. Standard membereasybeat
    Ned Kelly
    Urora Victoria
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 03:18
    me thinks mouldy likes to read his own posts
  10. Joined
    21 Mar '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 17:31
    What about this:

All tournaments open to subscribers and non subscribers, but non subscribers limited to let's say 2 or 3 tournaments a year.
    i agree that non-subs should have at least a few tourneys but maybe the higher rated u are, you could get in 4-6 maybe, say rated 1600-2000 and so on

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree