1. baildon , shipley ,
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 00:16
    allaboutme33 in my opionion is abusing the vacation flag,having used his 3day and 7day timebank,10 days.he has just moved 11minutes ago and still has his vacation flag flying,surely he should be made to forfeit his game.
  2. Blighty
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 01:19
    Originally posted by rabnes
    allaboutme33 in my opionion is abusing the vacation flag,having used his 3day and 7day timebank,10 days.he has just moved 11minutes ago and still has his vacation flag flying,surely he should be made to forfeit his game.
    No he shouldn't. He's just managing his time - all of it. You have the same option.

Please see the many other threads on this topic.

Additionally, please use the edit button, rather than having multiple blank threads.

Jeez, some people!
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 17:05
    Originally posted by rabnes
    I too am going on a vacation soon, and I don't want to have any suspisions that I'm abusing the vacation system.

I will play some games, and leave the rest. Those I chose to play is the ones blocking tournaments to progress to the next round, the ones that I can easily manage because I'm about to win them. And I leave those games that my time bank is zero (or near to zero) already and I am immune to be time out.

I chose the games I want to play, and I chose the games I want to leave, noone else. I have the right to it, it's within my rights according to the rules. Noone can suspect me of being morally low because of this, noone.

So am I really to a vacation? Do I really leave civilization behind? Or am I at home and just being lazy? Do I really have to explain? Do I not have the right to live my own life?

So mind your own business, and let other mind their vacation.
    When the skull is visible, then click it! Until then don't whine.
  4. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 20:35
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I too am going on a vacation soon...
    Perhaps when you have your vacation flag up, RHP should require you to send a postcard from a location at least 2 hours travel time from your home. You could still make selective moves in games, but at least everyone would know you really ARE on vacation. 😛 🙄
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 21:25
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Perhaps when you have your vacation flag up, RHP should require you to send a postcard from a location at least 2 hours travel time from your home. You could still make selective moves in games, but at least everyone would know you really ARE on vacation. 😛 🙄
    I'll send you a postcard, from a beach, with a drink in my hand. 😏

Once I got a personal PM from one of my opponents, telling: "I will do time in jail for a while. Would you please not time me out during my absence?" At those times it was possible to skull people when their vacation flag was up. It isn't now.
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 22:341 edit
    Just send me the drink. 😛
  7. Joined
    27 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '09 14:527 edits
    I'm playing a tournament. My opponent is permanently with the vacation flag.
    He plays more than 100 moves per day and avoid skulls being on vacation.

The only explanation he gave me for putting this flag is "I didn't know that there was a rule about when you have to move and how many moves you can make when you're on vacation. I have over 150 games and a few are from Hardcore tournaments." and "I can use it as I see fit, just as you can use your vacation the way you see fit. " .....

In my opinion this is clearly unfair and not honnest...

As written in FAQ - "It is possible to prevent your games timing out by booking a vacation when you are unable to play."
    If you play 283 moves in 2 days and 1/2 you surely are not on vacation, you cannot say you are UNABLE TO PLAY...

Edit - Seems this post was in a way usefull my opponent just removed the flag...

Pizza
  8. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    03 May '09 18:52
    There is no such thing as "abusing the vacation flag." Every subscriber has
    the same right to use 36 days of vacation as he or she sees fit.
  9. Joined
    27 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '09 20:181 edit
    36 days of extra days for players w/o fair play spirit...
  10. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    03 May '09 21:25
    Fabian is correct, it's in the rules, so you just have to put up with it. However, is 36 days too many days?
  11. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    04 May '09 06:13
    Originally posted by Lynkou
    36 days of extra days for players w/o fair play spirit...
    36 extra days for every subscriber whether he or she has fair play spirit,
    unfair play spirit, ghost of Christmas past spirit, go-team-go spirit, or
    whatever other spirit might be out there.

Sometimes I put my vacation flag up just so I don't have to play games
    where I'm white. Other times I'll throw my flag up just so I can concentrate
    on only my games that started e4. There are even some days/weeks when I'll
    use my vacation flag to keep from having to play games where my opponent
    just captured my horsey with their horsey because it really makes me sad
    so see my horsey captured and I want to mourn for at least a week.

Man, I love my horsies.

In fact, the only reason I subscribe is so I can use my vacation days in the
    most confusing and illogical way possible so my opponent will hopefully
    have a head explosion out of pure frustration at this little online game
    that we're playing here -- because the stakes are so ridiculously high and
    there is nothing in the world that would make me feel better than to win
    one of these games by my tricky vacation setting use.
  12. UK
    Moves
    04 May '09 09:16
    To be honest there was a site vote on this and the voters were almost 3:1 in favour of having timeout immunity when on the vacation flag.

So the moral of that story is - be careful what you wish for.
  13. Joined
    27 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '09 11:111 edit
    I'll try to do so with my job...
    I'll go to my office, put a flag on me "on vacation" ... and only do the intresting part of my work... 🙂

I see the point now... there was a vote... so now people use the flag foressen for people UNABLE to play whenever they want and feel very proud !!!
  14. Joined
    27 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '09 11:22
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    In fact, the only reason I subscribe is so I can use my vacation days in the
    most confusing and illogical way possible so my opponent will hopefully
    have a head explosion out of pure frustration at this little online game
    that we're playing here -- because the stakes are so ridiculously high and
    there is nothing in the world that would make me feel better than to win
    one of these games by my tricky vacation setting use.
    Did you ever tried to play chess instead?
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 May '09 13:48
    Originally posted by Lynkou
    Did you ever tried to play chess instead?
    You think xe should have put up the irony flag?

Recced the original post for the creative spirit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree