Venting Frustration

Venting Frustration

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oregon U.S.A.

Moves
04 Jan 05

Ok, so lately I've been pushed for time so I think....I'll join some Long Haul Tourneys. Thata way I can take my time, make a move every week or so...sounded like a good plan!
So I go and look at "Long Haul Split XV", see how the others are playing and I'll be....
What's the point of having a Long Haul Tourney if people aren't going to slow down! Ya, I know, if you NEED the time, you have it, but still, looking at the other games I kinda feel pressured to get off my butt. Dang it. I wanted to be lazy.
Also, the reminders....
Wish there was a way to change the email reminders, based upon the time bank/move timeout thingies. We have 21 days to make a move, so I take my time, and after a couple days people start sending me reminders. uuugggggg

Ok, I feel better now.
🙂

S
Pencampwr Maes-e

Treffynnon.

Moves
04 Jan 05

Change your emaila ddress under personals ettings. That way you'll never get the reminders.

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
04 Jan 05

Originally posted by BluesChord
Ok, so lately I've been pushed for time so I think....I'll join some Long Haul Tourneys. Thata way I can take my time, make a move every week or so...sounded like a good plan!
So I go and look at "Long Haul Split XV", see how the others are playing and I'll be....
What's the point of having a Long Haul Tourney if people aren't going to slow down ...[text shortened]... after a couple days people start sending me reminders. uuugggggg

Ok, I feel better now.
🙂
taking 21 days per move for opening and forced moves would be ridiculous, this is why in these long timebank tournaments many people play pretty quickly. Just because you have 21 days doesnt mean you have to use all of it, certainly there is noone who can only make it on here to move once every 21 days. Some people simply dont like to hold up tournaments

i
Deracinated

Sydney

Moves
04 Jan 05

Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
taking 21 days per move for opening and forced moves would be ridiculous, this is why in these long timebank tournaments many people play pretty quickly. Just because you have 21 days doesnt mean you have to use all of it, certainly there is noone who can only make it on here to move once every 21 days. Some people simply dont like to hold up tournaments
I have to agree with T21 - there's taking one's time, and playing so slowly that the whole tournament is delayed.

Oregon U.S.A.

Moves
04 Jan 05

The reminder I was refering to is the remider on the "My Games" page, the one that a person can send to another after a couple days... not the move alert message. As far as I know, that one cannot be disabled. The move alert thing has been disabled since day 1.
And yes I agree, to an extent, I've been in tourneys where one or two games are holding up the next round. That's frustrating I know.

I say...if a Long Haul Tourney is made, let it be just that. A LONG HAUL.

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
04 Jan 05

hey blueschord.. FYI - I sent you a move reminder by accident.. that was prior to me knowing that they got sent when you clicked on it.. now that I know they don't get sent until you click.. I don't click.

Oregon U.S.A.

Moves
05 Jan 05

Don't worry about it MioDude I wasn't meaning to single anyone out. Besides, I vented, I'm better now.
🙂

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
05 Jan 05

np.. I felt foolish sending a move reminder after one day for a 21 day timeout.. 8)