I want your opinion..........Game 566770Game 566769
  2. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    30 Jun '04 14:091 edit
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I want your opinion..........Game 566770Game 566769
    the two best games i have ever seen 😀

seriously though, apperantly he didnt want the games so instead of offering draws (like i did😳😳) he resigned. is this also poor sportsmanship?
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    30 Jun '04 17:25
    Yes,in my opinion this is very poor sportmanship,however I wonder why he didn't want to play out the games,I mean he passed to 2nd round and should be happy to play a lower player and have good probabilities to pass to 3rd round.
    I don't really know what to think.
  4. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '04 20:561 edit
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Yes,in my opinion this is very poor sportmanship,however I wonder why he didn't want to play out the games,I mean he passed to 2nd round and should be happy to play a lower player and have good probabilities to pass to 3rd round.
    I don't really know what to think.
    I disagree. Players circumstances do change from round to round in tourneys. If it becomes difficult to continue play then resigning is the most sporting way to resolve it. By offering draws looks like collusion no matter how good the intention may be and its possible you may still progress. Besides its my understanding and obvservation, that if you do resign without moving there is no loss of rating points.

ReelEmInReid resigned ALL of his games in the Gamma Grp'd A AND and in the Gamma Grp'd B without making a single move and without the loss of a single rating point and no-one said boo!

skeeter

5. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    01 Jul '04 03:48
    Originally posted by skeeter
    I disagree. Players circumstances do change from round to round in tourneys. If it becomes difficult to continue play then resigning is the most sporting way to resolve it. By offering draws looks like collusion no matter how good the intention may be and its possible you may still progress. Besides its my understanding and obvservation, that if you do resig ...[text shortened]... move [b]and without the loss of a single rating point and no-one said boo!

skeeter

[/b]
    I have to agree with skeeter on this one, the decision to resign is the players decision only. he probably knew that he didn´t have good chances to win the tournament so he decided to resign without it influinsing his rating nor his opponents rating.
  6. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    01 Jul '04 06:48
    I do know that there is exceptional circumtances that resulted in Prieure de Sion resiging. He is not well. We should all have him in our thoughts.
  7. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    01 Jul '04 13:37
    Oh man,I wish him all the best!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree