1. Standard memberjcandance
    White Hats Rule!
    over here!
    Moves
    15 Oct '03 03:41
    Check out game http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=298214

anybody think that this is NOT right for a tournament?
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '03 07:36
    Originally posted by jcandance
    Check out game http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=298214

anybody think that this is NOT right for a tournament?
    looks like an agreed draw for reasons unbeknown. Perhaps an unexpected crisis on the part of one player to which the other generously conceeded a draw. Who knows, both players are continents apart and from different clans so don't think its a conspiracy. All the same a strange conclusion to a game.??

skeeter
  3. Standard memberjcandance
    White Hats Rule!
    over here!
    Moves
    15 Oct '03 12:07
    Originally posted by skeeter
    looks like an agreed draw for reasons unbeknown. Perhaps an unexpected crisis on the part of one player to which the other generously conceeded a draw. Who knows, both players are continents apart and from different clans so don't think its a conspiracy. All the same a strange conclusion to a game.??

skeeter
    except it wasn't a clan match, it was in a tournament...and if said player had a crisis, wouldn't he have tried to draw with all of us?
  4. Standard memberderek9037
    Elder Statesman
    Moves
    15 Oct '03 14:261 edit
    I think something strange is happening in this tournament 🙄

Game 298206

Game 298235
  5. Joined
    07 Apr '03
    Moves
    15 Oct '03 21:23
    Originally posted by derek9037
    I think something strange is happening in this tournament 🙄

Game 298206

Game 298235
    From experience, I know that Hessel always offers a draw in a lost position...

-Tim
  6. Over seas
    Moves
    15 Oct '03 21:41
    Originally posted by TimmyToilet
    From experience, I know that Hessel always offers a draw in a lost position...

-Tim
    I have played Hessel too, to his credit he beat me in one game, and the other I got so tired of seeing the offer of a draw everytime his game popped up I finally accepted just to get rid of it. Even though he was in a stronger position and had more material (I'm no dummy).
    Maybe he is just being merciful?😀
  7. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    15 Oct '03 21:46
    Pateman seems to have agreed to a draw in a clearly winning position, and it seems Stripes offered the draw in his other game despite beeing a rook ahead.

I'm especially baffled by Pateman's acceptance of the draw, as he's clearly in the running for winning the tournament. 😕

I smell a conspiracy! 🙄😉

-Jarno
  8. Over seas
    Moves
    15 Oct '03 22:13
    Originally posted by Pyrrho
    Pateman seems to have agreed to a draw in a clearly winning position, and it seems Stripes offered the draw in his other game despite beeing a rook ahead.

I'm especially baffled by Pateman's acceptance of the draw, as he's clearly in the running for winning the tournament. 😕

I smell a conspiracy! 🙄😉

-Jarno
    It seems to be a pretty bone headed conspiracy if only one can win. Not that it could'nt happen, maybe they are taking turns. People that will win at the cost of honour I have no time for.

Mike
  9. Standard membera442
    Planet Football
    London Town
    Moves
    16 Oct '03 19:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Over seas
    Moves
    16 Oct '03 21:31

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard membera442
    Planet Football
    London Town
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 05:56
    Hassel is a complete joke! I kicked his backside in one clan game and am currently doing the same in our second clan game, so half way through all of a sudden, he accuses me of being a cheat and "im now on the black list" and the draw offer starts coming out! He has now followed that up by saying, "ok your not a cheat, but I wont be playing you or your clan again, we dont like people like you". Obviously he dosnt like people who play of a higher standard than him, which considering his suspect game history, really isnt hard. Not that its any of his business, but ive playing chess for over 25 years and regularly beat the computer, my mate said this site was great and very addictive, but im beginning to wonder why I bothered. I didnt come on this site to start taking abuse off this joker!!!
  12. South Africa
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 13:18
    No conspiracy, he made a obviously very stupid move in error and asked for a draw and I agreed. My reason was largely that chess is a game and in a real world game I would have given the mover over but we can't do that here.

Was I wrong, well to be honest in the clear light of day I think I was and certainly if I lose this tournament by 1 or 2 points then absolutely I was and I will be most hacked off. At the time I had been playing for hours and was tired and should have slept on the request - but hey like anybody else here I'm human and make mistakes, not only game mistakes.

Would I do it again? No idea, will cross that bridge when I come to it.

But trust me no conspiracy.......
  13. South Africa
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 13:20
    Oh an at the time of accepting the draw I didn't figure that I could be seriously in the running to win overall.

Anyways now water under the bridge and we wait and see.......
  14. South Africa
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 13:231 edit
    Originally posted by 442
    I didnt come on this site to start taking abuse off this joker!!!
    442, there are some *real* crazies here but one just avoids them....
  15. Standard membera442
    Planet Football
    London Town
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 15:24
    Unfortunately, I couldnt avoid him as it was a clan challenge! 😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree