1. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 22:24
    i would like to join in.. when do they start?

there is one open but thats below my rating.. Help please..
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 22:26
    On average I would say one tournament every two or three days.
  3. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 22:37
    Originally posted by Aiko
    On average I would say one tournament every two or three days.
    thanks.. but how can i apply to be part of it?
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 23:12
    Originally posted by Peachy
    thanks.. but how can i apply to be part of it?
    http://www.chessatwork.com/tournament/index.php?view=open

Click the name of the tournament you want to look at and a entrant list and information will come up on what kind of tournament and timeout stuff.
    Then if you eligable to enter the tourney there will be a link to click to enter. Use it. You will be entered and when the tournament starts all your assigned games are automatically started.

Unfortunatly there is only a 1000-1199 banded tourney open as of now some more will open soon.
  5. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 23:18
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    http://www.chessatwork.com/tournament/index.php?view=open

Click the name of the tournament you want to look at and a entrant list and information will come up on what kind of tournament and timeout stuff.
    Then if you eligable to enter the tourney there will be a link to click to enter. Use it. You will be entered and when the tournament starts all your ...[text shortened]...
    Unfortunatly there is only a 1000-1199 banded tourney open as of now some more will open soon.
    thanks alot..

wil keep an eye then on them.. 🙂
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 01:08
    thanks alot..

wil keep an eye then on them.. 🙂
    Hey everyone knows the cost for such high quality information as I provided to you is a rec.
  7. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 09:34
    Hey everyone knows the cost for such high quality information as I provided to you is a rec.
    granted with pleasure!!
  8. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 09:58
    granted with pleasure!!
    you should keep an eye on open tournaments like Nero Grouped Random, or Caligula Grouped Random etc. they tend to be full very fast.
  9. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 12:11
    I want one too...!
  10. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 20:09
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I want one too...!
    can anyone please send me a message when the tournaments start? i don't wanna miss them if they get filled in pretty sharp.

+ for every message i get, i will give you a Peachy REC!!!
  11. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 04:16
    it would have been nice if russ left us with a mega-tournament to fill up while he was off to the north pole.

but then maybe santa gave him no warning.
  12. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 05:20
    I don't understand what happened. We used to get about 3 a week. Now the only available tournie's have group sizes that are huge!!! When i entered the 2005 championship, i got soooo many games, i had to resign them all! It just wasn't any fun, i don't come here to play blitz.

I'd rather see a more structured range of tournaments. One HUGE tournament a month, with a banded series of tournaments a week, with 1 normal all comers tournie a week as well.

If the time controls of these tournaments rotated over the month it would provide players with a rich choice of tournaments over a month to suit even the pickiest pawn star, ie...

month=4 weeks

week1
    -Huge tournament-Group size=8 Open to new entrants for a whole month!
    -Banded Tournaments (4 bands)- Group size=4 open for a week! 1 day 7 days TO.
    -Regular 'all comers' Tournament- Group size=4 open for a week! 1 day 7days TO.

week2
    -Banded Tournaments (4 bands)- Group size=4 open for a week! 3 day 7 days TO.
    -Regular 'all comers' Tournament- Group size=4 open for a week! 3 day 7days TO.

week3
    -Banded Tournaments (4 bands)- Group size=4 open for a week! 7 day 14 days TO.
    -Regular 'all comers' Tournament- Group size=4 open for a week! 7 day 14days TO.

etc.... for 4 weeks, were upon the cycle repeats. The forth week would rotate between 14/14 and 21/28 tournaments as they are generally less popular and take ages to fill up anyway.

I'm sure i'm not the only player who is put off from playing tournaments because the time controls are too short, or too long......or because the group sizes are too big or small....

Personally i have a set criteria for which tournaments i enter. I don't like 3 day timeouts, yet all the tournaments are 3 day, consequently i don't play in many.

If there was a structure to when the tournaments started, then players could plan which and when they join. I would plan to join one a month, and know that i was going to get the one i want!!

I'm sure the reason the tournaments are restricted is because of performance issues on the servers, so adding tournaments might look like an un necissary burden. However, i believe that should this system be implemented, players will firstly play in less tournaments rather than more, as they will be waiting for the one's with their prefered time control and group size. I, along with most players i feel, have a game limit which i stick to. If i enter a tournament, i play less clan and casual games as a result.

How was that for a tangent???

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree