1. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    30 Aug '04 16:24
    I like to play tournaments. But ... I also like it when lower rated players (like myself) have a possibility to get into a second or even a third round.

The last 35 tournaments created were eligible for all players. And call me a sour loser but I am not entering these tours where I get my butt kicked in 6 consecutive matches (or more).

It gives extra flavour to the tours when everybody entering them have at least a chance to win them.

Please create some more banded tours.
  2. Manchester, UK
    Moves
    01 Sep '04 11:47
    Full of eager naivety I entered a whole bunch of Long Haul and Grouped Random tournaments recently, only to have my ass handed to me on a plate on numerous occasions by some players who are clearly scarily good and really shouldn't be unleashed on the likes of me (which taught me a valuable lesson about over-estimating my chess-playing abilities, but has started to get a bit disheartening by now)

Which is my long-winded way of saying that I, too, would appreciate the opportunity to play against a few folks of a similar rating on the off-chance that I might one day progress to a second round...

More banded Tournaments, please.
  3. Internet
    Moves
    04 Sep '04 02:32
    Hear, hear!

Some thematic tournaments with rating restrictions would be nice also.
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    04 Sep '04 13:29
    In the last banded tournaments there was a problem with the ''max rating last 30 days'' feature.
    The rating taken as a referring to enter the tourny was the current rating,so things were not working correctly.
    Example:if you had highest rating of 1450 but your current rating is 1380,you could enter a 1200-1400 tournament,but it doesn't let you enter a 1400-1600 tourny.
    This system wasn't working properly so I guess that's the reason why Russ doesn't start new banded tournaments,at least until the problem is fixed.
  5. Manchester, UK
    Moves
    05 Sep '04 12:59
    Ah, that would explain it then...
  6. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    05 Sep '04 14:35
    Originally posted by NicolaiS
    I like to play tournaments. But ... I also like it when lower rated players (like myself) have a possibility to get into a second or even a third round.

The last 35 tournaments created were eligible for all players. And call me a sour loser but I am not entering these tours where I get my butt kicked in 6 consecutive matches (or more).

It gives extra ...[text shortened]... body entering them have at least a chance to win them.

Please create some more banded tours.
    3 banded tourneys
  7. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    05 Sep '04 17:48
    Problem is not fixed since you entered both 1000-1199 and 1200-1399 tournys.
    If the rating cap works you shouldn't be able to enter both.
  8. London
    Moves
    05 Sep '04 20:36
    I have to echo the original comments. It's much better to have rating based tournaments so you can get far. Let's have more of the same please 🙂
  9. Manchester, UK
    Moves
    06 Sep '04 21:061 edit
    Dammit, missed 'em... 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree