Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    03 May '06 21:53
    We all get lumped in together, as a sort of leftover pool of players and I cant understand it! The higher rated players get their tourneys banded into little groups of 49pts but we dnt. I would much rather see the tourneys as 1000 and under, then 1000-1099, 1100-1199 and 1200-1249!
    Just doesnt seem fair!😠🙁😞
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    Joined
    23 Mar '04
    Moves
    217626
    03 May '06 22:371 edit
    What might seem unfair, is the fact that a provisional player is able to enter the banded tournaments. Right now, DangerMouse has entered the below 1250 one as a p1200 player, while in fact in another tournament to be started, he is listed between Zebano (1550) and cstaffel (1389), which makes him for now (after only two completed games against 1100 players) a 1400 to 1500 player.

    And I thought the banded tournaments were save from provisionals.
  3. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    03 May '06 22:47
    I would maybe suggest that provisionals dont get to enter tourneys until they have at least played 5 games, to see what the first provisional is going to be and then maybe allow them to enter, what do people think?

    and dont say go to the ideas forum(already anticapated people saying that)
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    30185
    03 May '06 23:58
    Provisional's suck - we should get rid of them.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    04 May '06 00:21
    Originally posted by Aiko
    What might seem unfair, is the fact that a provisional player is able to enter the banded tournaments. Right now, DangerMouse has entered the below 1250 one as a p1200 player, while in fact in another tournament to be started, he is listed between Zebano (1550) and cstaffel (1389), which makes him for now (after only two completed games against 1100 players) a 1400 to 1500 player.

    And I thought the banded tournaments were save from provisionals.
    Actually there is a loop hole that allows this. Basically you are unable to enter tournaments if you have a provisional rating except if you are unrated (less than 5 completed games) in which case you can enter bands which contain 1200.
  6. Chalk Village
    Joined
    23 Dec '05
    Moves
    127196
    04 May '06 03:10
    1249 is too high for many. A tournament for under 1000 would seem to be a good idea. Players without a proper rating should not be allowed in. It dosent take long to get one. I feel as though its over before its even started.
  7. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    04 May '06 16:47
    Another example of this stupidity is 'crashandburn' provisionally rated 1200 entered the banded tourney, but he has won 4 out of 4 on the site so far and will therefore be above the bands when they have finished that 5th game, disgraceful! 😞
  8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    Joined
    23 Mar '04
    Moves
    217626
    04 May '06 16:51
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    'crashandburn'
    'crashnburn'
  9. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    04 May '06 16:52
    Originally posted by Aiko
    'crashnburn'
    thank you, duely noted, forgot what the name was as it angered me and made me lose my train of thought, thanks again Aiko 🙂
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Joined
    04 Sep '04
    Moves
    245624
    04 May '06 21:01
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Another example of this stupidity is 'crashandburn' provisionally rated 1200 entered the banded tourney, but he has won 4 out of 4 on the site so far and will therefore be above the bands when they have finished that 5th game, disgraceful! 😞
    It's bluddy terrible.

    I have had to enter a 1450-1499 tournament, but because of some poor play lately I am down to a lowly 1318 rating.

    Why should I have to play people rated so much higher than me 🙁

    Why shouldn't I be allowed in the 1250-1349 tourney based on my current ability?

    😛
  11. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    04 May '06 22:23
    Well ive entered this tourney and if I get one of the provisional players im not going to be happy! Knowing my luck ill get one now!😠
  12. Connecticut
    Joined
    14 Jun '05
    Moves
    19794
    05 May '06 02:52
    If I enter a tourney and win every single game, won't the odds tend to say my rating will (could) be higher than the limit on the band when it started?
  13. Joined
    18 Mar '05
    Moves
    17578
    05 May '06 07:24
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Well ive entered this tourney and if I get one of the provisional players im not going to be happy! Knowing my luck ill get one now!😠
    There is more than one provisional player now. There are at least four at this moment. As long as no solution to solve this problem it will continue and every banded tournament will also have the same problem.
  14. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    05 May '06 10:32
    Originally posted by Morren
    If I enter a tourney and win every single game, won't the odds tend to say my rating will (could) be higher than the limit on the band when it started?
    Im not actually mad about that, as that will show you are having a good run and playing well, unlike the provisionals that could be alot better than they really are from the start.
  15. Connecticut
    Joined
    14 Jun '05
    Moves
    19794
    05 May '06 13:20
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Im not actually mad about that, as that will show you are having a good run and playing well, unlike the provisionals that could be alot better than they really are from the start.
    ohhh, right right. 🙂
Back to Top