CA Senate candidate wants $50 minimum wage.  Funny.

CA Senate candidate wants $50 minimum wage. Funny.

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
64d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
So from your POV the dude with kids should have gotten abortions.
Sonhouse, I am sure you are a nice person. What in he HELL are you responding to with this post?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
64d
1 edit

@AverageJoe1
To YOUR post, one dude gets 25 an hour, another dude gets 25 an hour and has kids and so cannot live on 25 bucks an hour, what should WE do? One problem is making 50 K a year puts you way above the income to be able to get stuff like food stamps and help with utilities. What are you trying to say here? The dude with kids should have known better and had his wife get abortions so they would have enough money to live?

Lake Como

Moves
64d
2 edits

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
To YOUR post, one dude gets 25 an hour, another dude gets 25 an hour and has kids and so cannot live on 25 bucks an hour, what should WE do? One problem is making 50 K a year puts you way above the income to be able to get stuff like food stamps and help with utilities. What are you trying to say here? The dude with kids should have known better and had his wife get abortions so they would have enough money to live?
Thankyou. What should WE do? Me and you, nothing. A min wage is 'minimum, the least amount paid, available to those who want to work for it. That would be people entering the job market. Usually teenagers. If someone 'beyond' teenagers does it, that is their choice. But a good choice, if they plan to get ahead in life. That is, impress a customer, and get hired by that customer to work for him,.....for MORE pay! If one chooses to just stay in that minimum pay job, that is their choice,.. Why would you think that WE have anything to do with that? You got me there.

So jump to 'making 50K a year'. That means employers have to raise their prices to cover their employment costs. Sonhouse, let me stop right here and ask you to respond to one pesky problem....you fail to mention that the things you buy with that new-found income will cost more. There would be no 'real' increase in buying power.
What say you? We can have a nice discussion. My coffee buddies say "why doesn't sonhouse just say $200 an hour?"

w

Moves
63d
2 edits

@averagejoe1 said
Thankyou. What should WE do? Me and you, nothing. A min wage is 'minimum, the least amount paid, available to those who want to work for it. That would be people entering the job market. Usually teenagers. If someone 'beyond' teenagers does it, that is their choice. But a good choice, if they plan to get ahead in life. That is, impress a customer, and get hired by t ...[text shortened]... We can have a nice discussion. My coffee buddies say "why doesn't sonhouse just say $200 an hour?"
If one chooses to just stay in that minimum pay job, that is their choice,.. Why would you think that WE have anything to do with that? You got me there.

Oh Joe. This has been addressed over and over on this thread so your misunderstanding is your fault.

We have a safety net, a welfare program, benefits etc. These programs require a minimum wage to operate or they would cost too much for taxpayers. In other words, we have a say in it because we pay taxes.

Artificially maintaining the minimum wage below poverty levels is what corps are lobbying for, because it would allow them to inject billions more in federal dollars for paying their employees grocery bills.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
63d

@AverageJoe1
Prices rise because of corporate greed when income rises, they want to suck us dry, so get the fuk over it, that is how it works here. When I was in the military I was paid what would have been about 3 bucks an hour if it was an 8 hour a day job which of course it wasn't, 180 bucks a month didn't go far even when I was in so now the same dude in my military job makes something like 1500 a month say 8 times that but I can tell you prices have sure gone up more than 8 times since when I was in the military.
It is corporate greed that sets those rules paid for by billions shoved into congressmen hands in so called 'lobbies'. Bribes is a much better word.
Look at your god king Trump, all that whooplah about Bud Light, I don't even know why that one came about but ten thousand into Trumps piggy bank and all of a sudden Bud light is a GREAT beer and the same with Tik Tok, money passes hands into Trumps piggy bank and all of a sudden Tik Tok is ALSO a great company.
Then we wonder what billionaire will come up with the half bil he owes to NY, and the implications thereof, what favors will he be tied to IF he wins again?
Ever think about THAT?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
63d
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
Prices rise because of corporate greed when income rises, they want to suck us dry, so get the fuk over it, that is how it works here. When I was in the military I was paid what would have been about 3 bucks an hour if it was an 8 hour a day job which of course it wasn't, 180 bucks a month didn't go far even when I was in so now the same dude in my military jo ...[text shortened]... d the implications thereof, what favors will he be tied to IF he wins again?
Ever think about THAT?
Nice point sunstroker, if goobermint weren't in the business of artificial price controls (as one example, the min wage) the pollies would have one less thing to sell, one less thing that could be bought. Reduce goobermint interference in the economy.

The goonermint kakstocracy produces nothing, all the pollies can sell is force, whether bought by corrupt corporations or votes from voters trying to vote their hand into the pocket of others, the ideal is to reduce their ability to initiate force and threats of force in citizens. There's the 'I' word wildgrass is so afraid of :∆)

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation the first to be bought and sold are legislators."

This isn't koombayah hippie shyte, it's an absolute imperative to stop the growth of goonermint, state force and the growing army of state enforcers.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
63d
1 edit

@Wajoma
Right, less gomment, but only if that is a democrat run gommint. Repub gommint, make it as big as you can. AND run up the national debt while you are at it just like Trump did when he was our so called POTUS.
I see you pointedly did not comment on the fact that Trump is for sale.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
63d

@Wajoma

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation the first to be bought and sold are legislators."

Take a bow, @Wajoma.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
63d

@Earl-of-Trumps
But OF COURSE you would be excluding your god king Trump, he is NEVER bought, ONLY his own man.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
63d

@sonhouse said
@Wajoma
Right, less gomment, but only if that is a democrat run gommint. Repub gommint, make it as big as you can. AND run up the national debt while you are at it just like Trump did when he was our so called POTUS.
I see you pointedly did not comment on the fact that Trump is for sale.
That's because you have TDS stroker. They both run multi million dollar campaigns, and at the end of it they may win a six figure salary. Both dims and republivillians. In NZ it's National and Labour, in the UK it's Labour and the Cons, in Aus it's the ALP and the LPA haha, spot the difference you poor sap.

And ya know what stroker, you're part of it, the system feeds on people like you who can't see that they're two sides of the same corrupt coin.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
63d

@Wajoma
So you are ok with Trump saying a year ago how terrible Bud Light is and then a 10K bribe and all of a sudden Bud light is a GREAT company? And you don't think Trump is for sale? Or the fact that he might get his NY half bil fine paid off by some Trumpy billionaire and whom he would owe favors for the rest of his life especially if by some dark energy of fate gets back in again what would that billionaire want in return? Do you seriously think it will come to Trump having to sell Mar A Lago and Trump tower?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
63d
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@Wajoma
So you are ok with Trump saying a year ago how terrible Bud Light is and then a 10K bribe and all of a sudden Bud light is a GREAT company? And you don't think Trump is for sale? Or the fact that he might get his NY half bil fine paid off by some Trumpy billionaire and whom he would owe favors for the rest of his life especially if by some dark energy of fate gets b ...[text shortened]... t in return? Do you seriously think it will come to Trump having to sell Mar A Lago and Trump tower?
And sunstroker proves my point. A gave a little tug on my TDS puppet string and the little TDS puppet known as sunstroker jerks like an ijit.

Proving my very point of the very post he was replying to. The two main parties aren't so far apart as you'd like to make out sunstroker. They all want something in return.

Moves
63d

Just give everyone a million dollars a day and we'll all be happy oh boy.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
63d

@Wajoma
Funny how Trump SAID he would be a dictator on day one. Biden says lets pass the border bill but Trump killed it, HIS pet squeaker of the house falls over and plays dead, not even allowing debate of the bill much less an actual vote. You are in la la land if you think they are near the same.

w

Moves
63d
1 edit

@wajoma said
And sunstroker proves my point. A gave a little tug on my TDS puppet string and the little TDS puppet known as sunstroker jerks like an ijit.

Proving my very point of the very post he was replying to. The two main parties aren't so far apart as you'd like to make out sunstroker. They all want something in return.
Uh oh you're a trump supporter? Yikes. The guy who raised federal spending by almost a trillion per year pre-covid? The guy who doubled the deficit? The guy who asked for and initiated brand new benefits programs worth tens of billions per year, permanently?

The guy who openly favored federal increases to the minimum wage?

The two parties are not the same. Obama was a libertarian compared to trump.

Say it ain't so. His policies are antithetical to everything you've said on this thread.