1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 15:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So just a random, pointless post from you then really.
    "Sad but true: some human beings are hypersensitive to their own wishes and needs yet totally insensitive to the wishes and needs of others."

Not quite "random" or "pointless": much rather an emphatic remark on the poignancy
    of the thoughtlessness which all too often characterizes the human condition.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 16:261 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Not quite "random" or "pointless": much rather an emphatic remark on the poignancy of the thoughtlessness which all too often characterizes the human condition.
    As you are claiming it is not about any posters at RHP and therefore not relevant to this or indeed any thread in this forum, in what way would you say your comment was poignant?
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 16:49
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Not much point in doing it if there isn't an audience.
    i disagree...
    some of my best lessons were taught to me in a very dark room by someone whom i do not know...
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 18:01
    Originally posted by rookie54
    i disagree...
    some of my best lessons were taught to me in a very dark room by someone whom i do not know...
    A cinema usher?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 18:47
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    A cinema usher?
    Igmar Bergman!
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 21:42
    As you are claiming it is not about any posters at RHP and therefore not relevant to this or indeed any thread in this forum, in what way would you say your comment was poignant?
    "As you are claiming it is not about any posters at RHP..."

"claiming"? au contraire; it's a declarative stament applicable to the universal human condition..

"... in what way would you say your comment was "poignant?"

"poignant': moving; worthy of sustained focus; pitiful; pathetic.

Note; "No Moderators in Forums at All" is caissad4's title and topic of her thread
    rather than splitting hairs over the meanings of common words..
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 22:00
    "As you are claiming it is not about any posters at RHP..."

"claiming"? au contraire; it's a declarative stament applicable to the universal human condition..

"... in what way would you say your comment was "poignant?"

"poignant': moving; wor ...[text shortened]... s title and topic of her thread
    rather than splitting hairs over the meanings of common words..
    You made another classic Grampy Bobby cowardly swipe at unnamed posters here whom you don't like, under the guise of "human nature" and called your own comment "poignant". Why don't you take your snide remarks elsewhere?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 22:22
    You made another classic Grampy Bobby cowardly swipe at unnamed posters here whom you don't like, under the guise of "human nature" and called your own comment "poignant". Why don't you take your snide remarks elsewhere?
    As always I respect your privilege of offering an opinion on this public forum as well as to disagree with other members of this website.
    Please refocus on caissad4's thread topic ["No Moderators in Forums at All"] which is not about you or me. Thank you..
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 03:071 edit
    The question of moderation has reared its ugly head many times over the years. If it's done well, problem items are removed swiftly and the topics get no exposure. Unfortunately, even the best moderators have to sleep sometime, and if there isn't an active mod in every timezone there will be inevitable public train wrecks.
    But if it isn't done at all, after a very short time there'll be nobody left reading, and only the human-rejects posting.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 03:331 edit
    I'm willing to be a moderator and, work patterns permitting, I can probably undertake to be on call from about midnight GMT till 0500 GMT and 1300 to 1700 GMT most days, perhaps not Sundays.

edit: I will send my offer to help out to Russ
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 07:35
    Please refocus on caissad4's thread topic ["No Moderators in Forums at All"] which is not about you or me. Thank you..
    Your feigned politeness doesn't fool me Grampy Bobby, I see right through you 😉
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 07:38
    As always I respect your privilege of offering an opinion on this public forum as well as to disagree with other members of this website.
    Here's what you posted two pages ago:

Sad but true: some human beings are hypersensitive to their own wishes and needs yet totally insensitive to the wishes and needs of others.

You then admitted that statement that you claimed was a "poignant" comment about human nature was in no way aimed at anyone here at RHP, so how was this comment in anyway you "focusing on Caisad4's thread topic"?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 08:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm willing to be a moderator and, work patterns permitting, I can probably undertake to be on call from about midnight GMT till 0500 GMT and 1300 to 1700 GMT most days, perhaps not Sundays.

edit: I will send my offer to help out to Russ
    You already moderate the forums in your own self serving way and are unfitted to moderate the forums lacking both good judgment and objectivity. Any jovial fellow that happens to pass you by would instantly be pounced upon with those tentacles of yours, intent on squeezing out the last vestiges of humanity from him.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 08:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You already moderate the forums in your own self serving way and are unfitted to moderate the forums lacking both good judgment and objectivity. Any jovial fellow that happens to pass you by would instantly be pounced upon with those tentacles of yours, intent on squeezing out the last vestiges of humanity from him.
    I reported a post only once and that was a few years ago. I do not "moderate" the forums. I can't remember agitating for the moderation of any posts. I once had a post removed for calling a Muslim protester in Birmingham in a news story - with some ridiculous call for someone or other's death daubed on a placard - a "twit". If I were a moderator, I would not have removed that post.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 08:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    I reported a post only once and that was a few years ago. I do not "moderate" the forums. I can't remember agitating for the moderation of any posts. I once had a post removed for calling a Muslim protester in Birmingham in a news story - with some ridiculous call for someone or other's death daubed on a placard - a "twit". If I were a moderator, I would not have removed that post.
    yes you do, you are always lying in wait for some poor jolly fellow so that you can scourge him of his humanity and wipe the smile from his face. You patrol the forums like a policeman, hounding posters like Grandpa Bobby and are entirely unsuited to moderation. I cannot think of a single instance where you have managed to approach a position objectively and instead rely on guile and cunning. You are wholly unsuited to moderate these forums.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree