1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    22 Jan '12 20:322 edits
    Thanks for the weapon information. To put this into perspective, let us look again at the best map I have for you:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/File:MapMilitaryBase2.jpg

Again, the north-south road that goes through the wall is further east, but otherwise it's a good approximation. On this map the road is on what would be the c-file on a chessboard, while the map you are fighting on has it closer to the e-file.

You can see that the Clint's autocannons with their range of 24 can pretty much shoot any part of the map from any other part more or less. A range of 6 is from one side of the center parking lot area to the other.

I have been trying to figure out the best way to handle this and decided it will be a traditional game, except the enemy enters from the north and you can be wherever you want.

Initiative Phase for Deployment
    ------------------------------
    PTIG rolls a 12[12+0].
    Bandits rolls a 6[6+0].

The turn order for movement is:
    Bandits, PTIG, Bandits, Bandits, PTIG, Bandits, Bandits, PTIG

Wind direction is Southwest. Wind strength is Calm. The weather is Clear. Visibility is Daylight.

(PTIG means Play The Immortal Game).

The enemy deploys first.

On f8 a very small, fast scout helicopter called a Ferret armed with a single nose mounted MG is seen approaching the fort from the north, about 3 hexes from the northeast wall.

Which 'Mech will deploy first and where?
  2. Standard membertalzamir
    Art, not a Toil
    60.13N / 25.01E
    Moves
    23 Jan '12 00:13
    I'm disinclined to deploy yet. Eastern parts of the wall would protect the gate, but mean I'd be in very close contact. The bend in the wall might give some cover to the hostiles if I choose the north-western area, and that could mean some hostiles might deploy near me. One possibility is the northmost point of the south wall, with a line of sight through the gate. Can mechs go over the wall or does this require jump jets which the enemy may or may not have? Far as I understand a helo with a machine gun can hardly even sting any of us as the light Flea is unused.
  3. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    24 Jan '12 03:49
    I will deploy, along the easternmost wall of the fort
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    24 Jan '12 04:37
    Originally posted by forkedknight
    I will deploy, along the easternmost wall of the fort
    Do you want to be north near the gate, or south, far from the gate?
  5. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    24 Jan '12 06:35
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Do you want to be north near the gate, or south, far from the gate?
    Toward the north end, but not at the very corner
  6. Standard membertalzamir
    Art, not a Toil
    60.13N / 25.01E
    Moves
    24 Jan '12 06:52
    the northernmost point of the south wall for me, if it gives a decent LOS.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    24 Jan '12 07:191 edit
    Forkedknight positions his Wasp on square h5, just south of the corner where the wall turns northwest. The helicopter is up ahead and to the left about 9 hexes away.

Suddenly he turns and sees that the enemy has somehow landed forces inside the northwest wall! On Elevation 2, square a7, a flatbed truck is moving along the inside of the wall. Mounted on the flatbed is an SRM 2 in a fixed mount facing forward. Behind this flatbed truck is a Harassment class hovercraft with a turret mounting a pair of SRM 6's.

Talzamir positions his Clint in roughly the same place it was before, on a protruding corner of the south wall at square b2, just inside the wall, standing on Elevation 2 ground.

A 35 ton Battlemech called a Toro follows the hovercraft. It has a Large Laser on it's left arm and a pair of SRM 2's on his right torso and left arm.

Where will tomtom232 deploy his Icarus?
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '12 18:19
    Forkedknight positions his Wasp on square h5, just south of the corner where the wall turns northwest. The helicopter is up ahead and to the left about 9 hexes away.

Suddenly he turns and sees that the enemy has somehow landed forces inside the northwest wall! On Elevation 2, square a7, a flatbed truck is moving along the inside of the wall. Moun ...[text shortened]... a pair of SRM 2's on his right torso and left arm.

Where will tomtom232 deploy his Icarus?
    I would like to be far away but between FK and Tala....
    so maybe e1
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 05:25
    Tomtom232 positions his Icarus low down on the south wall, on elevation 1, in square e1. He is four hexes to the right of the Clint. Even with his feet are the roofs of some low buildings in front of him, and he can see directly down the road leading to the north gate.

The enemies hold position while their last unit arrives - a 60 ton lightly armored vehicle called an "LRM Carrier" which instead of LRMs has four Small Lasers and two Large Lasers in fixed mounts facing forward.

Initiative Phase for Round #1
    ------------------------------
    PTIG rolls a 3[3+0].
    Bandits rolls a 6[6+0].

The turn order for movement is:
    PTIG, Bandits, PTIG, Bandits, Bandits, PTIG, Bandits, Bandits

Wind direction is Southwest. Wind strength is Calm. The weather is Clear. Visibility is Daylight.

Which 'Mech will move (or choose not to move) first?
  10. Standard membertalzamir
    Art, not a Toil
    60.13N / 25.01E
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 08:281 edit
    Where does the last enemy unit deploy? It's huge, massively armed, but only lightly armored, making it priority one to neutralize or destroy.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 19:07
    Originally posted by talzamir
    Where does the last enemy unit deploy? It's huge, massively armed, but only lightly armored, making it priority one to neutralize or destroy.
    Except for the helicopter all units are just inside the ridge, elevation 2 on the northwest wall heading along the wall southeast.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 19:15
    Except for the helicopter all units are just inside the ridge, elevation 2 on the northwest wall heading along the wall southeast.
    I agree with talzimir... how close is it to being in my range?
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 03:54
    The tightly packed formation of enemy vehicles are 13-15 hexes from each of the players' Mechs.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 04:24
    The tightly packed formation of enemy vehicles are 13-15 hexes from each of the players' Mechs.
    I would like to fire at the LRM carrier.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 04:41
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I would like to fire at the LRM carrier.
    It's movement phase.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree