BattleTech

BattleTech

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
26 Jan 12

I don't move... if it is range after movement then I would like to fire at it.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Jan 12
1 edit

Tomtom232's Icarus stands still and watches as the LRM Carrier (Laser) rolls on it's tracks until it is directly opposite the Clint, just southwest of the north gate. It then turns directly south so it's Large Lasers are bearing down on the Clint.

Which 'Mech will move (or stand still) next?

f
Defend the Universe

Moves
26 Jan 12
1 edit

What is my range to the LRM carrier now that it has moved?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Jan 12

Originally posted by forkedknight
What is my range to the LRM carrier now that it has moved?
Forkedknight's Wasp is 10 hexes from the LRM Carrier (Laser). He is also not in it's arc of fire and can approach it without it firing at him. However it does have quite a bit of backup.

t

Moves
26 Jan 12

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Tomtom232's Icarus stands still and watches as the LRM Carrier (Laser) rolls on it's tracks until it is directly opposite the Clint, just southwest of the north gate. It then turns directly south so it's Large Lasers are bearing down on the Clint.

Which 'Mech will move (or stand still) next?
Does this mean if I fire I will hit talazamir's clint?

Art, not a Toil

60.13N / 25.01E

Moves
26 Jan 12

Which leaves me in range and in the arc of the modified LRM, outgunned two large lasers to one.. lovely. Of course, being stationary helps, as does elevation.

So.. the main alternatives are to stay put, take the incoming and give back with all the guns and hope that I survive and the LRM does not.. or to try to flank it from outside its arc of fire, preferably on the south wall facing north, at good elevation, accepting lesser odds of in exchange of not getting shot, and possibly getting to shoot at a less armored side rather than the front which no doubt has the annual production of a middle-sized steel mill to keep it safe. For extra fun, while I face the northeast to blaze at the LRM, the helo is likely to sneak behind the friendly lines. Of course, I could back up to the west to hide behind the wall, but that's not really the manly thing to do with our heaviest mech.

So.. if I can be sneaky, flank it to get out of its arc of fire and/or get some side shots, I'll go for it. If not, I'll grit my teeth, stay put, and blaze away at the LRM with all guns.

t

Moves
26 Jan 12
2 edits

Originally posted by talzamir
Which leaves me in range and in the arc of the modified LRM, outgunned two large lasers to one.. lovely. Of course, being stationary helps, as does elevation.

So.. the main alternatives are to stay put, take the incoming and give back with all the guns and hope that I survive and the LRM does not.. or to try to flank it from outside its arc of fire, pre 'll go for it. If not, I'll grit my teeth, stay put, and blaze away at the LRM with all guns.
Nvm

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Jan 12
4 edits

Originally posted by tomtom232
Does this mean if I fire I will hit talazamir's clint?
No. The two are quite far apart and in any case there are no problems with line of fire in this time period. Targetting computers are very good.

The Clint will not be able to get out of the arc of fire. However, directly to the left and ahead is a tall building of elevation 3. He can hide behind it on elevation 1 and be out of sight. Or he could move southwest a bit and stay on elevation 2, using the building to cover his legs.

Being stationary provides accuracy but makes you an easier target too.

t

Moves
26 Jan 12

No. The two are quite far apart and in any case there are no problems with line of fire in this time period. Targetting computers are very good.

The Clint will not be able to get out of the arc of fire. However, directly to the left and ahead is a tall building of elevation 3. He can hide behind it on elevation 1 and be out of sight. Or he cou ...[text shortened]... ing to cover his legs.

Being stationary provides accuracy but makes you an easier target too.
Ok. I would still like to fire at the LRM maybe if we all attack it we can take it out before it causes too much damage.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Jan 12

Originally posted by tomtom232
Ok. I would still like to fire at the LRM maybe if we all attack it we can take it out before it causes too much damage.
Will you use the building to cover your legs or hold still for accuracy?

t

Moves
26 Jan 12

Will you use the building to cover your legs or hold still for accuracy?
I think you have me mistaken for talazamir. 😛

f
Defend the Universe

Moves
26 Jan 12
2 edits

If any enemy units move after talzamir, I would like an update, but otherwise I would like to move (walk) up the wall to the northwest to at least get my laser in range of the LRM carrer.

My plan next move is to jump-jet behind it, ideally after it moves, and unload, which means i will need to be within 6 spaces. To my other teammates, does this sound like a good idea? foolish?

How does death-from-above work with regards to chance-to-hit, damage, and vulnerabilities?

t

Moves
26 Jan 12

Originally posted by forkedknight
If any enemy units move after talzamir, I would like an update, but otherwise I would like to move (walk) up the wall to the northwest to at least get my laser in range of the LRM carrer.

My plan next move is to jump-jet behind it, ideally after it moves, and unload, which means i will need to be within 6 spaces. To my other teammates, does this s ...[text shortened]... h?

How does death-from-above work with regards to chance-to-hit, damage, and vulnerabilities?
It sounds ok if the LRM is the only unit in the area but we have to be aware of where the other units are after the next movement phase.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Jan 12

Forkedknight hops down to the road on Elevation 1 and sprints to get into position south of the eastern pillar flanking the north entrance. He is 5 hexes from the LRM Carrier (Laser) and therefore able to jump behind if it does not move.

The Toro battlemech walks forward and stands next to the LRM Carrier (Laser). It turns south to face talzamir's Clint. Now there are three Large Lasers bearing down on him.

Meanwhile, the Harasser hovercraft with it's pair of SRM6's zips forward to intercept the Wasp. It is directly across the north road, south of the western pillar, 3 hexes from the Wasp.

Now talzamir must move, and then the helicopter and the small SRM2 truck will move.

Then ZAP

Art, not a Toil

60.13N / 25.01E

Moves
26 Jan 12

"must move" sounds like a good summary.

* If I can flank the enemy big guns by moving counter-clockwise along the wall, that's ideal. Move east, turn north, zap the enemy in their left side.

If not really feasible for some reason -
* second best choice is to avoid getting zapped by them by using terrain, in a way that still lets me get a shot at someone.. preferably the LRM.

If not really sensible for some reason -
* as third possibility.. the enemy guns are jostling up and down a bit, reducing accuracy, and my advantage in elevation does the same. So plan C is to stay put but go prone, flattening myself where I stood.. and zap the opposition from there like a good sniper. Sure, going prone gives me a penalty too, but being high and stationary should more than compensate.