Clan System Request for Proposals

Clan System Request for Proposals

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

st johnstone

Moves
25 Feb 17

Originally posted by padger
I do not know why you bother with him he only reads the posts he wants to read not all of them
I only respond to players I like he does not get humour
Plus it passes the time I thought the clan system was top priority but Russ goes on holiday after sorting out a feedback thread for two non subs on the beta thing

No doubt big dog will point out this is off topic

Here

Moves
25 Feb 17

Originally posted by roma45
I only respond to players I like he does not get humour
Plus it passes the time I thought the clan system was top priority but Russ goes on holiday after sorting out a feedback thread for two non subs on the beta thing

No doubt big dog will point out this is off topic
Yes I am winding down ready to become a non payer

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
25 Feb 17

Originally posted by roma45
I thought the clan system was top priority but Russ goes on holiday after sorting out a feedback thread for two non subs on the beta thing

Moves
26 Feb 17

Yes I am winding down ready to become a non payer
Such a pity that people are opting just to quit. In my view.

Moves
26 Feb 17

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Enough over 2200 are, and I don't want to sort out which players are legit and which are cheats, since that involves losing games to cheaters.

This tangent is truly off topic with respect to the thread topic, btw. This is you and ST desperately searching for anything you can use to attack. 🙄
Why do you see yourself as being attacked? I see no attack from Roma, and certainly none from me.

Have you got a problem?

Here

Moves
26 Feb 17

Originally posted by Startreader
Such a pity that people are opting just to quit. In my view.
I have been thinking about this for some time
It appears that non subs are getting just as much out of the site as subs are
Since I have been here the main concern I noticed reading the forums was sandbagging
This has gone unchecked even when people admit they are doing it
The fiasco with the clans is the final straw
Russ apparently is building this site on quicksand not getting the basics right before going on to other things
The other things being more important than losing his current membership

Moves
26 Feb 17

I have been thinking about this for some time
It appears that non subs are getting just as much out of the site as subs are
Since I have been here the main concern I noticed reading the forums was sandbagging
This has gone unchecked even when people admit they are doing it
The fiasco with the clans is the final straw
Russ apparently is building this si ...[text shortened]... ing on to other things
The other things being more important than losing his current membership
Not arguing with that, really.

I'm here first and foremost because I enjoy playing chess. Secondly, I've made friends. Thirdly, I really enjoy the clan system. I very much dislike the cheating and sandbagging and I wholeheartedly regret that Russ is choosing to delay acting on it, or is actively choosing not to act. Which is it? I don't know. Do any of us?

I like the community, with the exception of the principal cheats who, I believe, can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

That's not reason enough to quit, for me.

st johnstone

Moves
26 Feb 17

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
[youtube so, so sad]yJxCdh1Ps48[/youtube]
good to see you keeping the thread on topic 🙄

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
26 Feb 17

Why do you see yourself as being attacked? I see no attack from Roma, and certainly none from me.

Have you got a problem?
So someone quotes my own profile to me, followed by "dumb it down for you", and you don't see an attack in that?

Are you daft?

m

Moves
26 Feb 17

m

Moves
26 Feb 17
2 edits

Not arguing with that, really.

I'm here first and foremost because I enjoy playing chess. Secondly, I've made friends. Thirdly, I really enjoy the clan system. I very much dislike the cheating and sandbagging and I wholeheartedly regret that Russ is choosing to delay acting on it, or is actively choosing not to act. Which is it? I don't know. Do any ...[text shortened]... elieve, can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

That's not reason enough to quit, for me.
The problem with sandbagging is that it is a problem across the whole site.
You can look at tournaments if you want to see the issue first hand.
And I can say with 100% certainty that the problem exists on every chess site in existence.

So the question begs to be asked.
Why did the clan issue land on the front burner ??

To me, that answer is obvious !!
The fiasco of the 2016 clan season.
Plain and simple.

What happened after that ?
The perpetrators of the collusion tried to stir the pot with accusations of sandbagging.
Deflection. Plain and simple !!

We already agree that sandbagging is a problem at RHP.
And at all other chess sites.

But to hear certain individuals talk, sandbagging exists on only one place.
And that is in the Metallica clan.
These individuals have tried to hijack the site ideas thread.
I am all for improvements to the clan feature.
I have respected the input of most contributors to this thread.
Most notably Moonbus and Giannotti. And others.

I have drawn the line when it comes to some avoiding the real issues.
Individuals who try to deflect any attempt at a solution to thrown games and challenges to one clan to prevent another clan from winning.
And apologists that justify collusion as a response or protest against unfounded accusations against a certain clan or certain individuals.

Russ started this thread because of what happened in the 2016 clan season.
Not because of years old complaints by certain individuals who have never provided any supporting evidence.

Russ has a full plate these days.
I am not sure he will have time to read this entire thread and separate the valid input from the endless white noise.

Good luck to Russ on that.

Moves
27 Feb 17

Originally posted by mghrn55
The problem with sandbagging is that it is a problem across the whole site.
You can look at tournaments if you want to see the issue first hand.
And I can say with 100% certainty that the problem exists on every chess site in existence.

So the question begs to be asked.
Why did the clan issue land on the front burner ??

To me, that answer is obvio ...[text shortened]... thread and separate the valid input from the endless white noise.

Good luck to Russ on that.
Nothing to disagree with there.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
01 Mar 17

Please Russ, can you give us all a quick update on where you are in relation to fixing the ailing clan system and what proposals you mean to implement to alleviate the friction caused by clans colluding blatantly together to manipulate results.

I think we were all hoping for a quicker resolution than the present inaction. Hopefully this can all be put to bed before much longer.

Cheers !!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
02 Mar 17

Are we EVER going to get some action on this topic?
We are now entering the THIRD month of the new season and no one knows what, if anything, Russ intends to do.
I, for one, am growing tired of the rhetoric and false hopes, while the same cheats are doing the same garbage as last year.

Here

Moves
02 Mar 17

22/02/17
There will be one more beta early next week..an analysis board (sans animation at first) will be added. I'm just not happy releasing without a way to review a game.

Then that will end this phase, and I will be dealing with the clan issues that I'm sure everyone is aware of.

01/03/17
Game Analysis complete. Coding finished.

Final beta tomorrow for release candidate 1!

Presumably something will happen now ?