Clan System Request for Proposals

Clan System Request for Proposals

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
02 Apr 17

What if every game counts...

- two points are awarded to the clan for every game won in a challenge

- a point is awarded to both clans in the event of a draw

- no points are removed for a loss

No need to consider Gross points vs. Net Points... points are just points, they only go up

There'd be no enticement to resign a game, the challenge isn't decided until the last game is complete

Points could be awarded either at the conclusion of a challenge, or at the conclusion of each game

This would help to eliminate the 'artificial player rating drop' we've been seeing

However, a player could still lower their rating via games outside the clan system

To counter this, I suggest that each player should have clan rating, uncoupled from their site rating, based on ELO

ELO is a good system, but it's being applied at the wrong level

It should be used for players, not clans

Applied at the clan level it causes stagnation, rather than fluidity in creating challenges

Russ hasn't yet told us how he plans to factor in the clan rating

But the way things stand, every clan would love to beat The Wood Pushers and there is little advantage in challenging a lower rated clan

If we knew how the clan rating might be used to determine the yearly outcome it would be very helpful

m

Moves
02 Apr 17

Originally posted by Giannotti

No need to consider Gross points vs. Net Points... points are just points, they only go up

There'd be no enticement to resign a game, the challen ...[text shortened]... knew how the clan rating might be used to determine the yearly outcome it would be very helpful
I see 2 major weaknesses in the clan rating system.

1 - clans get rewarded for playing very few challenges. Case in point, in current sample Woodpushers is at the top of the table for playing 12 challenges in 2017 at time data sample was pulled. I think that you have to play to win in this world.
2 - the idea of a fair challenge has been thrown out the window. My question to Russ about a challenge where the players are equally balanced but the clan ratings are vastly different. The whole risk/reward balance has been thrown out the window.

I submitted some questions to Russ.
I am still waiting for a response.

Moves
02 Apr 17

Originally posted by mghrn55
I see 2 major weaknesses in the clan rating system.

1 - clans get rewarded for playing very few challenges. Case in point, in current sample Woodpushers is at the top of the table for playing 12 challenges in 2017 at time data sample was pulled. I think that you have to play to win in this world.
2 - the idea of a fair challenge has been thrown out the ...[text shortened]... rown out the window.

I submitted some questions to Russ.
I am still waiting for a response.
I keeping an open mind about the clan rating

It might work well, depending on how it's factored in to the yearly outcome

If we keep the clan rating, I think net points should also be part of the equation

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
02 Apr 17

There'd be no enticement to resign a game, the challen ...[text shortened]... knew how the clan rating might be used to determine the yearly outcome it would be very helpful
If you want to see the greatest flaw in your suggestion simply cast your mind back to Aim High Clan which was able to exploit the point each for a draw and within 2 weeks of forming was storming up page one with ease

st johnstone

Moves
03 Apr 17

Originally posted by Mctayto
If you want to see the greatest flaw in your suggestion simply cast your mind back to [b]Aim High Clan which was able to exploit the point each for a draw and within 2 weeks of forming was storming up page one with ease[/b]?
a bit late for an April fool, but for the resident RHP idiot that's okay
you were part of the AIM HIGH CLAN fiasco, what happened?, oh yes collusion points removed
the greatest flaw in the system? it's cheats like you, Robbie and a few sad little boys AKA the scum sisters got to be the saddest people on earth.

Strategic Ultimatum points have been removed from 2015, i hope thats just the start, easy riders should get the same treatment after you dropped your pants for them.

do you have any ideas that don't involve cheating?

Moves
03 Apr 17

Originally posted by Mctayto
If you want to see the greatest flaw in your suggestion simply cast your mind back to [b]Aim High Clan which was able to exploit the point each for a draw and within 2 weeks of forming was storming up page one with ease[/b]
Please bear in mind, I'm still new to clan leadership, and the history of debauchery is unknown to me

I'm seeing all of this for the first time, and my ideas may be a bit naive

I'm in favor of anything that will help to clean up the system, as long as it is playable

m

Moves
03 Apr 17

Please bear in mind, I'm still new to clan leadership, and the history of debauchery is unknown to me

I'm seeing all of this for the first time, and my ideas may be a bit naive

I'm in favor of anything that will help to clean up the system, as long as it is playable
Welcome to the world of clan leadership.

The new system will be full of holes and subject to new fiascos.

And Metallica will still be near the top.

Not that it will mean anything.
No really knows what the new clan rating numbers will mean.
Or if they will have any significance !!

My take is that is will be a meaningless number.

Moves
03 Apr 17

Metallica is a great clan, even if they are maligned by those jealous of their success

Short Circuit was candid with me regarding how this was achieved

Being new to this, I considered following his model, but the potential backlash stopped me

My recent suggestions may take a lot of the spunk out of his tactics

But in all honesty, his clan will always be near the top, if not at the top

He puts that much work into clan leadership, and his players really are that good

The only remedy I found for sandbagging and collusion was to avoid the clans involved

That kinda sucked, I missed out on too many potential challenges

They say the definition of a pessimist is 'an optimist with experience'

I'm still holding out though, I think it's possible to turn this around

Here

Moves
06 Apr 17

Russ when are you going to give us our next option for sorting out the clan system ?

Moves
07 Apr 17

Originally posted by padger
Russ when are you going to give us our next option for sorting out the clan system ?
I'd like to second Padger's request

Are there other viable options?

rc

Moves
08 Apr 17

You are not a clan leader and to my knowledge have never been a clan leader. How are you in a position to welcome anyone to clan leadership?

m

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You are not a clan leader and to my knowledge have never been a clan leader. How are you in a position to welcome anyone to clan leadership?
Simple.
I just welcomed him to the world of clan leadership.
And he didn't seem to mind.

You're a clan leader, right ?
Then I assume you're going to vote.
And contribute something constructive to the improvement of the clan feature ?

Or will you just keep squawking ??

st johnstone

Moves
08 Apr 17

tell your lapdog, well one of many lapdogs you have. but tell mctayto
ICT 0 st johnstone 3 hahahahahahahahahaha
relegation reward for karma.

you voted yet? i don't think cheats should get a vote

no amnesty

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
08 Apr 17

Neither are you, so you are one to talk

rc

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Neither are you, so you are one to talk
and yet me and my clan gave you a good whuppin just because we can ! Oh yeah! 😵