Open Beta feedback thread

Open Beta feedback thread

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Moves
13d

1. Time left on the game is no long xDyHzM, which is very confusing. How to switch it back?
2. How to have all NON archived games in the same list (my move + opponent move)? At the moment I can do only "my move" or "opponent move" or "absolutely all games in one list"
3. How to make the list more compact in the "compact" mode? There is too much space between lines on PC.
4. When I open My games, I get scroll list inside a scroll list. How switch it off?!
Sorry, new site is ugly

Moves
13d

Another thing, I turned off all notifications other than game ending but I'm getting one when someone responds on the forums?

Moves
13d

@Russ said
Try the "My Tournaments" switch, coupled with the "In Progress" tab.
Thanks 🙂
"My Active" used to show only the ones that I was still in, ie not eliminated
"In Progress" shows all the ones I entered that are still running.

Moves
13d

@Russ

fyi while using a chrome browser on a windows 10 machine and on the https://www.dailychess.com/chess-games/my-chess-games.php page (browser is full screen), I cannot scroll to the bottom of the page. As I get down to the bottom of the page the page is auto realigned to the list of games making it impossible to use or really even view (for more than a second) the links at the bottom of the page.
you may want to look at that.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13d

@jmwinrider said
@Russ

fyi while using a chrome browser on a windows 10 machine and on the https://www.dailychess.com/chess-games/my-chess-games.php page (browser is full screen), I cannot scroll to the bottom of the page. As I get down to the bottom of the page the page is auto realigned to the list of games making it impossible to use or really even view (for more than a second) the links at the bottom of the page.
you may want to look at that.
As new games load in, the content in view should not change.

The new rows appear below and must be scrolled down to view.

Are you saying the page scrolls down to view the new rows automatically?

Moves
13d

@Russ
The page has fully loaded. I am positioned at the top row. I try to scroll (scroll bar) to the bottom of the page. As i leave the list of games (all my games display on a single page) and the page begin to show the list of links at the bottom of the page. The browser auto repositions back into the list of games. So effectively I cannot look at the links at the bottom of the page. Trying to force the scroll bar to the bottom of the page does not work.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
13d

@moonbus said
 I see the update is live.

From inside a club forum thread, I'm not seeing a button or other option to return to a list of threads in the same club forum. There was a drop-down menu-button a the previous version and I preferred that to the back chevron, since the back chevron does not return to the list of all club threads; it returns to the previously viewed page, which m ...[text shortened]... to the search field. That's looks like a bug (FYI: Safari Version 17.4.1 (17618.1.15.111.8, 17618)).
From inside a club forum thread, I'm not seeing a button or other option to return to a list of threads in the same club forum. There was a drop-down menu-button a the previous version and I preferred that to the back chevron, since the back chevron does not return to the list of all club threads; it returns to the previously viewed page, which might be within the same thread.

Nevermind. I found the button.

From my profile, clicking Forum Posts used to launch a search of my own posts, defaulting to the user as logged in. Now, the search assumes no default user and I have to type in my username to get a search result. Is this intended? Furthermore, typing the first three letters of the username brings up a menu listing all users with the same initial letters, but clicking on any entry does not 'post' the username to the search field. That's looks like a bug (FYI: Safari Version 17.4.1 (17618.1.15.111.8, 17618)).

Russ, can you please put the logged-in username into the search engine by default? I'm so lazy ...

Hip-Hop Poet

District 9

Moves
13d

@Russ
Why was "Fewest Moves" removed from the selectable options for viewing your games? Please consider re-adding that feature.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
12d

@Romie-Dread said
@Russ
Why was "Fewest Moves" removed from the selectable options for viewing your games? Please consider re-adding that feature.
No idea why it was omitted - I think this was just overlooked. Now patched in.

Hip-Hop Poet

District 9

Moves
12d

@Russ
Thx

Moves
12d

@Russ said
Further to my previous response, when viewing a thread, you can click the forum name to the right of the header with the poster's details in it (below "recommended" button) - this is a link to return to the threads list too.
Can you fix the private clans so swearing is allowed again?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
12d

@A-Unique-Nickname said
Tomorrow, yes. On the list.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12d

Russ, I am unable to modify a clan challenge and accept it. Once I modify the challenge, when I hit the accept tab at the bottom, the page goes blank and an error message pops up.

Another thing, it used to remember names automatically when we would check player comparisons to save us from having to type the entire name in each time. Is this feature lost now?

Also, more of a curious note, what was the reasoning for the color change on the icons diplaying clan match results. Won challenges used to be green and now they are red. Likewise, lost challenges were red and now they are green.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
12d

@shortcircuit said

what was the reasoning for the color change on the icons diplaying clan match results.
This was a bug - the colors displayed related to the clan in the row, not the actual clan you were viewing.

Now fixed.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
12d

@A-Unique-Nickname said
Knock yourself out 🤬

Now enabled for all non-public forums (clan & club).