Open Beta feedback thread

Open Beta feedback thread

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13d

@cawsddyn said
I can't see Tournaments/"My Active" anymore
Try the "My Tournaments" switch, coupled with the "In Progress" tab.

Berg Katze

The Edge of Sanity

Moves
13d

@Ponderable said
I assume you mean the "my games" list. There is a button with two arrows, there you can choose the sorting criteria.
No, when you click My Home button, the default seems to be Most Urgent Games. Be good to have this as oldest games and to show in pages like before?

fc

Moves
13d

Hi Russ, long time website user here. With the new interface, I would appreciate an option to display my current/active games, in addition to the choices of all, my move, opponent's move, and completed. Being able to see both my move and my opponent's move games at the same time is important - I like to keep track of how many games I'm playing at once.

Also, are the archive folders a thing of the past now? I don't see them anywhere in the new interface.

Thanks,
David

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
13d

@flyingcod said
No, when you click My Home button, the default seems to be Most Urgent Games. Be good to have this as oldest games and to show in pages like before?

fc
Sorry, I didn't see that having had no "urgent games when I looked 😀.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13d

@aukermdr said
Hi Russ, long time website user here. With the new interface, I would appreciate an option to display my current/active games, in addition to the choices of all, my move, opponent's move, and completed. Being able to see both my move and my opponent's move games at the same time is important - I like to keep track of how many games I'm playing at once.

Also, are the arch ...[text shortened]... folders a thing of the past now? I don't see them anywhere in the new interface.

Thanks,
David
David,

Regarding game archiving, I added a new thread to the Help forum Thread 199598 that should help.

I'll get back to you about the My Games view later.

High Wycombe, UK

Moves
13d

@Russ
Love the new version, I especially like the option to keep white at the bottom. (I learnt chess from books!) Thank you.

Moves
13d
1 edit

@Russ
Thanks. I missed the folder selection icon at the bottom left of the screen, so that takes care of that issue for me. I was viewing "all" instead of "inbox" which is what I wanted.

Is there a way to get the "compact" view to be truly compact? Like, one line per game as in the old interface? Currently on my phone's browser, one game takes up almost the entire screen. Thanks for your work!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13d

@aukermdr said
@Russ
Is there a way to get the "compact" view to be truly compact? Like, one line per game as in the old interface? Currently on my phone's browser, one game takes up almost the entire screen. Thanks for your work!
This has been raised by someone else too, so I will take a look.

Which iPhone do you use, and do you use the default or zoomed display?

Moves
13d

@Russ

I use an Android phone (Google Pixel 7a), and I'm pretty sure it's the default view (not zoomed).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13d

@divegeester said
In forum thread list view I can’t see how to navigate to “last post”
Instead of the old "Date/time of last post", it shows how long ago the last post was.

Click that to go to last post.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13d

@aukermdr said
@Russ
Thanks. I missed the folder selection icon at the bottom left of the screen, so that takes care of that issue for me. I was viewing "all" instead of "inbox" which is what I wanted.

Click on your avatar then click on My Games.

That gets me a list with one line per game.

Moves
13d

Any change is going to get some criticism while people get used to it.

My only dissatisfaction so far is the amount of head text at the top on the screen. When I clicked into my games on the website via a phone I can't see the first game and have to scroll down a bit just to enter it. That shouldn't be the case. Also a lot of rubbish at the top when you go into the forums, the box to type is right at the bottom until you click on it.

Berg Katze

The Edge of Sanity

Moves
13d

Working on PC seems okay, it is on my phone I can't see stuff but I will continue to faff about with it. One of my games I put opponent in check but it didn't state this anyway (that I could see).

fc

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13d

@flyingcod said
One of my games I put opponent in check but it didn't state this anyway (that I could see).

fc
I will look into that.

Regarding phone issues, any screenshots of the problems are useful, so send a feedback, and I can give you an email address to send on any screenshots?

Berg Katze

The Edge of Sanity

Moves
13d

@Russ said
I will look into that.

Regarding phone issues, any screenshots of the problems are useful, so send a feedback, and I can give you an email address to send on any screenshots?
No problem.

fc