Open Beta feedback thread

Open Beta feedback thread

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
33d

@Ragwort said
Some issues with site features from mobile chrome browser:
From an opponents profile "performance against" screen pressing the green total games number that normally brings up the list of previous games with that opponent - just takes you back to the open games directory screen and not to the games with that opponent.
Actually this "performance vs" returning to the game directory first screen without populating the search box with the player names happens on my laptop as well (I'm using firefox).

Moves
33d

@Russ
Pixel 4. Thanks

Moves
33d

@Russ said
A two tier check now occurs - not just on the forums, but everywhere - titles are strictly moderated, content is (just a little) more relaxed.
Still can't say Scu nthorpe.

Moves
33d
5 edits

After some important testing it appears only the c and f words are blocked.

Moves
32d

@Russ said
Can you let me know which phone model you use? I can then investigate. Thanks.
I have the analysis issue too, using a galaxy S20 Chrome.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
32d

@henjutsu

This will be addressed today.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
32d
1 edit

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
32d

@MaxStirnersGhost2 said
Please change the Analyze Game function back to the way it was before, with the arrows to go back and forward on the same page as the board, and not on a separate window. That was my favorite feature on this site, and now I can't analyze lines properly.

Edit I'm noticing now that's only an issue on my phone, and not my laptop. Maybe I should download the app? I usually just play online. The Analyze Game function is definitely worse on my phone now.
A new revised version has gone live, which retains the side by side nature of the controls & board from before, on all but the smallest devices.

Let me know if this fixes this for you.

edit : and on mobile, the controls will not be hidden behind the pop-out side window - they will be located below, as before.

Moves
32d

@Russ
It is fixed. Thank you so much. That's what I call customer service. 😎👍

b

Here

Moves
32d

I have a question. Sometimes I will only move for the games I have going on that are either running timebank or are at risk of being timed out, so to do that I to scroll though the My Games page looking for games with red or yellow clocks showing. With the old setup, when I went back from the game I made a move for to the My Games list using the back window keyboard command, the game I had just moved for would be updated to show it to be my opponent's move and I would then just on to the next game. This no longer occurs automatically and I have to manually refresh the page every single time and it jumps all over the place when I hit refresh, so I have to scroll a lot more now making it honestly rather tedious. Is there any possibility of this being fixed so that the My Games list updates on its own again or will this be the way it is moving forward?

I use Chrome on a Windows desktop. Thank you.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
31d

Not sure if its been mentioned, but what happened to the thread list within each forum?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
31d

@kmax87 said
Not sure if its been mentioned, but what happened to the thread list within each forum?
Either use the "back" chevron below the site logo, or the thread name link below the search button.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
31d

@Russ said
Either use the "back" chevron below the site logo, or the thread name link below the search button.
Okay I can navigate to the back chevron, but where the flying kazoo is the "thread name link below the search button"

And in an unrelated plea....could we just have the thread list button back? please...

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
31d

@kmax87 said
Okay I can navigate to the back chevron, but where the flying kazoo is the "thread name link below the search button"

And in an unrelated plea....could we just have the thread list button back? please...
Okay okay okay..It was staring me in the face or as metalika would say it was hiding in open sight.

Yup the thread list is in the name of the forum you are in below and to the left of the search tab.
I was looking for an empty field with a magnifying glass. 😆

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
31d

@kmax87 said
Yup the thread list is in the name of the forum you are in below and to the left of the search tab.
I'm in the process of adding the thread list button back in, as this has come up a few times already.