Intelligent? Design

Intelligent? Design

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Nov 16
1 edit

On a website someone offered these suggestions for the serious atheistic Evolutionist. I am sure he was being sarcastic. But the points merited my consideration.

copied without permission from a discussion forum:

" The best things for a person in an atheistic world are as follows (in no particular order):

1. Research your genome. The replication of DNA is the driving force in Evolution, and this is the highest calling any Evolutionist can pursue. If your DNA checks out: Excellent! Go forth and reproduce with as many people as you can (if you're a male that is, otherwise your only real purpose is to be a baby factory for the men), by force if necessary. The human species is counting on you to make up for all of the sickly mutants who are out there mucking things up.

If your DNA has an abundance of errors in it, then the most humanitarian thing you can do is politely remove yourself from the gene pool. This may require a healthy dose of death since your survival takes up precious resources which would otherwise be used by those of us with better genes.

2. Remove "useless eaters" from the gene pool. Any genes which are not as good as yours are dangerous to the survival of the species, so destroy them. Similarly, any genes which are as good as yours are redundant because we already have your genes! Destroy those too.

If, however, you discover genes which are better than yours, the most humanitarian thing you can do is politely remove yourself from the gene pool. You can make a difference! You can make this world a better place! All you have to do is eliminate yourself in order to make room for those of us with better genes.

3. Finally, just remove yourself from the gene pool anyway. Once you've gotten past your reproductive years, you inevitably fall into the category of "useless eaters" since you aren't continuing to propagate DNA the way you were always meant to. The most humanitarian thing to do at this point is (yet again) politely remove yourself from the gene pool. "

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Nov 16

Originally posted by sonship
On a website someone offered these suggestions for the serious atheistic Evolutionist. I am sure he was being sarcastic. But the points merited my consideration.

copied without permission from a discussion forum:

" The best things for a person in an atheistic world are as follows (in no particular order):

1. Research your genome. The repl ...[text shortened]... thing to do at this point is (yet again) politely remove yourself from the gene pool. "
This goes for double for creationists. Fortunately their gene pool IS getting smaller decade by decade. Another 200 odd years and we won't be having many people saying Earth is 6000 years old and flat....

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Nov 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
This goes for double for creationists. Fortunately their gene pool IS getting smaller decade by decade. Another 200 odd years and we won't be having many people saying Earth is 6000 years old and flat....
Someone promise us another 200 years?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Nov 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
The Earth is 4.543 billion years old (next Tuesday).

200 years is barely a flicker of the clock.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Nov 16
2 edits

This goes for double for creationists.

A clever enough person could turn the lampoon around and apply it to Creationists, I suppose.

Fortunately their gene pool IS getting smaller decade by decade.

Let's say by "gene pool" reduction you really mean that there are less and less people believing in creation.

First, I doubt that this is true.
I think that opponents to creationism may be getting louder and louder and more and more belligerent. But that does not mean creationists are getting fewer and fewer.

Secondly, if it were true and not just wishful thinking on the loud and proud new atheists it doesn't argue for the truth of there being no Creator.

"There's less and less of you Creationists" borders on an argument ad populum logical fallacy.

Another 200 odd years and we won't be having many people saying Earth is 6000 years old and flat....

I don't insist or know how old the universe is.
You must have seen RJHinds argue with me in the past.

But let me ask you this: Lately I have been concerned that political powers of national security are so strong in the USA that what scientists may tell the population may be influenced by higher priority concerns for national security.

Do you believe that American astronauts really walked on the moon's surface ?
Do you trust scientists to that degree that such pictures of men on the moon could not be a hoax ?

Would it not be terribly ironic if one day you found out that men of science lied to you for intense political reasons but men of God told you the truth from God's word?

You would be well advised to leave room for realizing that you assume the wrong ones are pulling the wool over your eyes. And the ones you thought were trying to fool you were actually more truthful. But you didn't believe them.

Anyway, I am having real doubts about the photos I have ingested for decades of people supposedly walking on the moon. But I am opened to be corrected if it really happened. I was in high school in 1969 when I saw those pictures on TV.

They wouldn't lie would they ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Nov 16
2 edits

You know I just saw the first Science Fiction short movie I have ever seen which does not base its explanation of terrestial life on Evolution. In the story the earth dwellers belief in Evolution it is described as the result of a hoax propagated by a huge intergalactic corporation.

This was a first for me. I mean Sci Fi and Evolution theory are usually tightly associated together.

It kind of confirms my suspicion that people will have to come up with another theory.
I can't see Neo-Darwinian theory standing too much longer. The pop circles, I think, will begin to manifest this paradigm shift.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Nov 16

You know I just saw the first Science Fiction short movie I have ever seen which does not base its explanation of terrestial life on Evolution. In the story the earth dwellers belief in Evolution it is described as the result of a hoax propagated by a huge intergalactic corporation.

This was a first for me. I mean Sci Fi and Evolution theory are usuall ...[text shortened]... standing too much longer. The pop circles, I think, will begin to manifest this paradigm shift.
A short Science Fiction movie you happened to watch is the instigation of a paradigm shift?!

If I happened to watch a random movie about Moses being an intergalactic robot, would that instigate a paradigm shift within Christianity?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Nov 16

This goes for double for creationists.

A clever enough person could turn the lampoon around and apply it to Creationists, I suppose.

Fortunately their gene pool IS getting smaller decade by decade.

Let's say by "gene pool" reduction you really mean that there are less and less people believing in creation.

Fir ...[text shortened]... I was in high school in 1969 when I saw those pictures on TV.

They wouldn't lie would they ?
I would think you would be the last person to ask me if I thought men walked on the moon. Unless you didn't know I am part of the grand moon landing fake conspiracy since I was PART of Apollo, my job being on Apollo Tracking and Timing. I was stationed at Goddard Space flight center. Part of my training involved taking space co-ordinates and aiming a radio telescope on a NASA probe orbiting Mars and locking on to the tiny signal there, which I did.

I also lived next door to another Goddard tech, a geological technician who I talked to one day, we both found out we worked at the same place. He invited me to the storage vault of the moon rocks and we went into a vault that would have made the mint proud and handed me a moon rock which looked very alien for sure. My first question to him was why are you allowing me to handle this precious moon rock with my bare hands, his answer: We KNOW the surface is already contaminated so we slice them apart with a diamond saw to get at the inside which is NOT contaminated. It was almost a religious epiphany for me I can tell you, holding a rock that astronauts brought back from the moon.

So now you can add me to the grand conspiracy and write me off as another conspirator.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The Earth is 4.543 billion years old (next Tuesday).

200 years is barely a flicker of the clock.
You believing its billions of years old is faith too, it may be based upon science, but you
have to accept what your told to believe it. As far as I know, none of us were promised
the rest of today let alone tomorrow.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Nov 16

You believing its billions of years old is faith too, it may be based upon science, but you
have to accept what your told to believe it. As far as I know, none of us were promised
the rest of today let alone tomorrow.
Do you seriously believe in the 6000 year old fairy tale?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Nov 16

Do you seriously believe in the 6000 year old fairy tale?
No I don't believe in fairy tales, if you ask me how old it all is my answer has always been
I do not know. Now, do I believe God could create all of this in seven days and us live
here for a few thousand, yes I believe God could. As you go on and on saying when you
tell me and everyone else if God were real He could do this or that, for me I believe if God
were real I don't see any reason why He could not.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Nov 16

No I don't believe in fairy tales, if you ask me how old it all is my answer has always been
I do not know. Now, do I believe God could create all of this in seven days and us live
here for a few thousand, yes I believe God could. As you go on and on saying when you
tell me and everyone else if God were real He could do this or that, for me I believe if God
were real I don't see any reason why He could not.
In other words, always leaving open the possibility the fairy tale is true and Earth is in fact 6004.12 years old. You have to realize that is poppycock. All you have to do is look at places like the Grand Canyon which they think clocks in around 10 or so million years to get that deep a cut from just a river BUT underneath all that is a mile or more of ocean sediment laid down over hundreds of millions of years. Come on, get mit the program!

RJ Hinds says the GC was formed in that other fairy tale, the WW flood, but forgetting about what is under all that GC stuff, miles of sediment. Tell me how THAT is going to happen in 6000 years or 60,000 years or 600,000 years.

We have ice cores from Greenland and Antarctica showing the yearly deposits of ice and compacted snow and we know it is accurate because we have a hundred years or more of accumlated data that clearly shows ice and snow layers just like tree ring data that the last hundred years or so of known data also matches very closely with data from deeper drilling which go over a mile deep. The last hundred years of data are probably about the first meter or less.

How can you look at stuff like that and still say 'I do not know'. You don't want to admit even the possibility of the world being older than the Roger begat Mary who begat Billy who begat who begat, etc, as the only data not even spelled out in the bible that gives that 6000 year number, a number just calculated by people not said by a god.

Maryland

Moves
18 Nov 16

They are dangerous because if they believe in god, they can believe in anything!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Nov 16
2 edits

In other words, always leaving open the possibility the fairy tale is true and Earth is in fact 6004.12 years old. You have to realize that is poppycock. All you have to do is look at places like the Grand Canyon which they think clocks in around 10 or so million years to get that deep a cut from just a river BUT underneath all that is a mile or more of oce ...[text shortened]... he bible that gives that 6000 year number, a number just calculated by people not said by a god.
You do not know how old the universe or the earth is, do you? I've admitted I do not know
am I to assume you do?

I can look at the Grand Canyon, used to live in Arizona and it doesn't prove anything!
Where did the universe come from, I've asked you and others here over and over
and you do not know. I've asked how it all got here, you and others do not know, but
you do reject God had anything to do with it as if you did know.

RJ can make his own arguments, I don't defend his stances I will defend mine.

I do admit I can be wrong, I could be off by billions of years, NOT denying that. Unlike
you who is very sure you are spot on.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Nov 16

You do not know how old the universe or the earth is, do you? I've admitted I do not know
am I to assume you do?

I can look at the Grand Canyon, used to live in Arizona and it doesn't prove anything!
Where did the universe come from, I've asked you and others here over and over
and you do not know. I've asked how it all got here, you and others do not ...[text shortened]... uld be off by billions of years, NOT denying that. Unlike
you who is very sure you are spot on.
Nobody is 'spot' on, they give a range of dates, a window of uncertainty, that's all science can do, 14.5 billion years old plus or minus a half bil or so. Why do you think the GC proves nothing? Do you never believe anything you see with your own eyes? You think the universe is somehow deceiving you? What do you think is going on when there is over a mile thick layer of stuff we KNOW comes from the bottom of an ocean, which is what is UNDER the GC. Do you refuse to use the common sense you were built with? Do you figure it's like Alice's restaurant. Yes Officer Obie, I PUT that letter under that garbage? You think somehow that mile plus layer of obvious ocean bottom stuff, sea shells and diatoms and such, miles thick, just was placed there by your god? Just to fool not just any human but only the ones who learned how do do geology and such, only THEY get fooled? And miles deep ice cores drilled into Antarctica and such? You look at thousands of feet of build up of ice that comes quite regularly, that can happen in 6000 years? If you think it can, tell me how.