1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 10:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    No you wouldn't be correct. If I'm wrong about you, then I'm wrong. But if your behaviour is an act you put on, and I've deduced the impression you were trying to give correctly, then I deserve some credit for my thumbnail sketch, I think. 😉
    If I'm wrong about you, then I'm wrong.

Seems like circular logic is your strong suit. 😛
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 10:35
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    [b] If I'm wrong about you, then I'm wrong.

Seems like circular logic is your strong suit. 😛[/b]
    But "If I'm wrong about you, then I'm wrong" isn't an example of 'circular logic', though is it? It's simply an admission that I could be wrong about you being a 15 year old kid and that it doesn't matter much if I am wrong.
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 11:161 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    But "If I'm wrong about you, then I'm wrong" isn't an example of 'circular logic', though is it? It's simply an admission that I could be wrong about you being a 15 year old kid and that it doesn't matter much if I am wrong.
    If A, then A, is tautology at best.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 11:26
    If A, then A is tautology at best.
    Nope. It's simply an admission that I could be wrong and, if I am, then I don't really care. If anything, though, your reaction makes me think I might be right. You're sounding like the school debating club member I described. 😛
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 11:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Nope. It's simply an admission that I could be wrong and, if I am, then I don't really care. If anything, though, your reaction makes me think I might be right. You're sounding like the school debating club member I described. 😛
    You sound like someone who could be wrong about quite a number of things. 😛
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 12:00
    You sound like someone who could be wrong about quite a number of things. 😛
    That I sound like such a person to you seemed to me to be firmly established months and months ago.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 12:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    That I sound like such a person to you seemed to me to be firmly established months and months ago.
    I notice you dodged or missed my question at the bottom of page 4. 🙂
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 13:272 edits
    I notice you dodged or missed my question at the bottom of page 4. 🙂
    It's an issue already raised and already addressed countless times. I have already told you exactly where I get my confidence in my beliefs and in my world view and in my perception and estimation of the human condition. I have told you repeatedly. If you have been unable to discern what my answer was or that I had answered it, or if you just plain can't remember (either asking about it or me answering), or if you are pretending that it wasn't discussed, or if you just deliberately ignored it at the time and now want me to repeat it (perhaps only to ignore it yet again), or if you didn't understand it when I told you, then so be it.
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 16:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's an issue already raised and already addressed countless times. I have already told you exactly where I get my confidence in my beliefs and in my world view and in my perception and estimation of the human condition. I have told you repeatedly. If you have been unable to discern what my answer was or that I had answered it, or if you just plain can't rememb ...[text shortened]... aps only to ignore it yet again), or if you didn't understand it when I told you, then so be it.
    I asked you whether your confidence was based on evidence or the lack of evidence. It seems you are incapable of giving me a straight answer. It's either one or the other. So which is it?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 23:45
    I asked you whether your confidence was based on evidence or the lack of evidence. It seems you are incapable of giving me a straight answer. It's either one or the other. So which is it?
    I have addressed this issue countless times and you have simply ignored it. I can only conclude that this is an act you are deliberately putting on.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 09:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have addressed this issue countless times and you have simply ignored it. I can only conclude that this is an act you are deliberately putting on.
    I asked you this question for the first time on page 4 of this thread. You have yet to give me a straight answer.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 11:032 edits
    I asked you this question for the first time on page 4 of this thread. You have yet to give me a straight answer.
    I have already told you numerous times exactly where I get my confidence in my beliefs, my world view, and my take on the human condition from, along with the role "evidence" plays in the formation and sustaining of my perceptions. And here you are - true to form - drearily asking about the same thing for the umpteenth time. Whether one of those umpteen times was on page 4 of this thread, or that thread, or the other thread, is of no interest to me.
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 13:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have already told you numerous times exactly where I get my confidence in my beliefs, my world view, and my take on the human condition from, along with the role "evidence" plays in the formation and sustaining of my perceptions. And here you are - true to form - drearily asking about the same thing for the umpteenth time. Whether one of those umpteen times was on page 4 of this thread, or that thread, or the other thread, is of no interest to me.
    This is the only thread that we have been discussing your 'confidence' in your beliefs being true. It is also the only thread in which I have asked you the question at the bottom of page 4. It still seems you lack the confidence to give me a straight answer.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 13:22
    This is the only thread that we have been discussing your 'confidence' in your beliefs being true. It is also the only thread in which I have asked you the question at the bottom of page 4. It still seems you lack the confidence to give me a straight answer.
    Frame it how you want.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 13:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Frame it how you want.
    No need to answer if you don't want to, or just pretend you have, that's also fine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree