No need to be like Christ ?

No need to be like Christ ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Aug 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
How you could have missed this from the previous page I have really no idea. Clearly you are either not reading my texts of your reading comprehension is very poor.

'There are of course times when abstention is the course of wisdom, if we are a recovering alcoholic, or we are at work, or we are operating heavy machinery, driving a vehicle', etc etc - robbie carrobie
Why then are you suggesting to an alcoholic like chaney3 that he try things like drinking alcohol at meal times or drinking a beer a day?

F

Moves
28 Aug 16

One gets the impression that your texts are really insincere and you are simply seeking to land a blow every time rather than simply understand and assimilate the differing perspectives.
One gets the impression that you are trying to land a blow with the above edit/addition to your post rather than to simply try to understand what people are saying and join the discussion. 😉

rc

Moves
28 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Why then are you suggesting to an alcoholic like chaney3 that he try things like drinking alcohol at meal times or drinking a beer a day?
Who has stated that chaney3 is an alcoholic? I have not and I don't know anyone who has. Furthermore I am not directing my texts specifically at chaney3, I am giving the Biblical perspective of the use of alcohol. Perhaps if you were not so quick to attempt the 'hit and miss' you might simply attempt to understand the different perspectives prior to posting and it would prevent you from looking so silly.

rc

Moves
28 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
One gets the impression that you are trying to land a blow with the above edit/addition to your post rather than to simply try to understand what people are saying and join the discussion. 😉
you swung and missed, bwahahah, what a pure spangle you are!

c

Moves
28 Aug 16

Originally posted by divegeester
OK? If that is as you say "the real issue", then do you you see any evidence that Jesus was not "successful every time"?
No, I see no evidence that Jesus ever got drunk, which is why I was surprised to see the accusation in Matthew 11:19.

I said in a previous post that it could have been an easier lesson for us if Jesus never drank at all, and just warned us to avoid it. But instead, He appears to have drank wine responsibly, but advises against getting drunk.

Now I am asking the responsible and moderate drinkers if they can do it ALL the time....EVERY time?

I sure can't!!

rc

Moves
28 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
No, I see no evidence that Jesus ever got drunk, which is why I was surprised to see the accusation in Matthew 11:19.

I said in a previous post that it could have been an easier lesson for us if Jesus never drank at all, and just warned us to avoid it. But instead, He appears to have drank wine responsibly, but advises against getting drunk.

Now I am a ...[text shortened]... esponsible and moderate drinkers if they can do it ALL the time....EVERY time?

I sure can't!!
The accusation is just slander. Jesus was wholly innocent and a man who never sinned. Innocence is no guarantee against vile slander though.

F

Moves
28 Aug 16

Who has stated that chaney3 is an alcoholic?
chaney3 has. Numerous times.

rc

Moves
28 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
chaney3 has. Numerous times.
link or lie

F

Moves
28 Aug 16
1 edit

Perhaps if you were not so quick to attempt the 'hit and miss' you might simply attempt to understand the different perspectives prior to posting and it would prevent you from looking so silly.
Perhaps if you had understood chaney3's perspective as an alcoholic - who has talked openly about it on many occasions here - prior to posting, it would have prevented you getting into the situation you are in now.

F

Moves
28 Aug 16

Originally posted by chaney3
When I asked you if somebody claiming to be a Christian has told you that Jesus had some sort of personal responsibility towards you in curing your alcoholism, you answered, "Absolutely yes, if He is the "God of Your Understanding". And when I asked you whether Jesus drinking alcohol meant to you that he's maybe kind of letting you down and therefore maybe it's OK to have another drink, even if you are an alcoholic, you answered, "One could certainly say yes to that. If Jesus says it's okay, then why not??"

rc

Moves
28 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Perhaps if you had understood chaney3's perspective as an alcoholic - who has talked openly about it on many occasions here - prior to posting, it would have prevented you getting into the situation you are in now.
Oh dear even if chaney3 has stated it (and you have provided no evidence that he has) as I have said I am giving the Biblical perspective of the use of alcohol and whats more I have given the sound advice that in some instances its better to abstain. You have nothing but your 'swing and miss', take it with yourself and give yourself a good slap on the back of the head for being a dufus! yah slaphead! Man you used to be a legendary troll, now you are divegeester level of duffness!

F

Moves
28 Aug 16

FMF: chaney3 has. Numerous times.

link or lie
He's talked about it openly, robbie. About AA and about the 12 step programme.

F

Moves
28 Aug 16

Oh dear even if chaney3 has stated it (and you have provided no evidence that he has) as I have said I am giving the Biblical perspective of the use of alcohol and whats more I have given the sound advice that in some instances its better to abstain. You have nothing but your 'swing and miss', take it with yourself and give yourself a good slap on t ...[text shortened]... ! yah slaphead! Man you used to be a legendary troll, now you are divegeester level of duffness!
Alcoholism is no laughing matter, robbie. Save your banter for something else.

rc

Moves
28 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
He's talked about it openly, robbie. About AA and about the 12 step programme.
Slappety slap your forehead.

rc

Moves
28 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Alcoholism is no laughing matter, robbie. Save your banter for something else.
I know, I am laughing at you because you are a dufus.