1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 17:33
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I'm not a control freak and feel morally accountable for my actions.

You?
    Moral accountable to who? And who do you think should hold God accountable?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 18:25
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Moral accountable to who? And who do you think should hold God accountable?
    My own conscience. Sheesh.

Does your God not have a conscience, bearing in mind we were made in his image?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 18:29
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The "right to" was the question! Do you think others should not be allowed to do with what they will with what they created?
    A creator does not have the right to destroy his creation, if we are to endow him with benevolence and love. If you want to strip God of these qualities, then sure, he can do what he wants with his creation.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 18:40
    My own conscience. Sheesh.

Does your God not have a conscience, bearing in mind we were made in his image?
    Your conscience which was formed by the society you live in or are you implying it was given to you by God to prevent you from playing God because that is not your place?
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 18:41
    A creator does not have the right to destroy his creation, if we are to endow him with benevolence and love. If you want to strip God of these qualities, then sure, he can do what he wants with his creation.
    Benevolence and love sure, what about justice?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 18:57
    Your conscience which was formed by the society you live in or are you implying it was given to you by God to prevent you from playing God because that is not your place?
    We are talking about your God, not mine.

Are you not accountable to your God given conscience? Is your God not accountable to His?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 18:58
    Benevolence and love sure, what about justice?
    It would seem that eternal punishment for sins committed on earth is a bit harsh. Especially when the punishment is handed out by a supposed loving God.
    Justice...yes, but for eternity?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 19:05
    What rule book are you going to?
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 19:08
    What rule book are you going to?
    One not covered in cobwebs.
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 19:21
    We are talking about your God, not mine.

Are you not accountable to your God given conscience? Is your God not accountable to His?
    I as the creation am accountable to God the creator for how I have obeyed the conscience he has given me. He can hold me accountable. Why? Because I am the creation and he is the creator. That's how it works, not the other way around.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 19:28
    Why? Because I am the creation and he is the creator. That's how it works, not the other way around.
    On what basis does it work that way? Because you say so? Because God says so?
    What if I say otherwise?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 19:42
    One not covered in cobwebs.
    Well let's name the book, you said you were not a control freak yet you are passing out the rules on what others can do with their own creations. If you would just name your sources that would be great, or admit you are a control freak demanding everyone do what you say, because you say it, and judging God evil for what you do!
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 19:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    On what basis does it work that way? Because you say so? Because God says so?
    What if I say otherwise?
    On the basis of common sense and the order of the universe. If you think you can hold God accountable for his actions, good luck with that.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 19:591 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    It would seem that eternal punishment for sins committed on earth is a bit harsh. Especially when the punishment is handed out by a supposed loving God.
    Justice...yes, but for eternity?
    Does God not decide what is just and what is not? I'm not saying punishment is eternal, but if God were to decide that who are we to argue. When you are sentenced by a judge you can argue as much as you want, the judge's word is final.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 20:30
    Well let's name the book, you said you were not a control freak yet you are passing out the rules on what others can do with their own creations. If you would just name your sources that would be great, or admit you are a control freak demanding everyone do what you say, because you say it, and judging God evil for what you do!
    My morality is not confined by any book.

Please explain how your creator is free to destroy his creation as he sees fit but maintains his benevolence and love, how he can be all powerful and yet perfectly loving?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree