Questions for Biblical literalists.

Questions for Biblical literalists.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
74d

@pettytalk said
For the life of me, I have never heard a minister of Christ address an inquisitive soul as a 'dumb ass.' Is that what you learned at your Christian university? Instead of being sweet and understanding with my seeming haughtiness, you insult me rather than love me, and be gentle as a dove? Is that how to win souls for Christ?
Ah, the victim card is played once again.

Moves
74d

@suzianne said
I have said in the past that Babylon the Great is the United States.

I'm not quite as sure now that the comparison is completely true.
God bless you my child. Flesh and blood has not revealed it to you, completely.

Moves
74d

@divegeester said
Ah, the victim card is played once again.
Why do you think so?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
74d

@pettytalk said
God bless you my child. Flesh and blood has not revealed it to you, completely.
She is a Child of God; not of Petty Talk. 😏

Moves
74d

@pettytalk said
Why do you think so?
Because of your post.

Moves
74d

@kingdavid403 said
She is a Child of God; not of Petty Talk. 😏
Have you never read, in red, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods'?

If I were you I would back to school, but not the same one you got your degree from. And this time get a really short pole, so you can touch Revelation.

I was imitating the speech of a Catholic priest in using 'my child.' It's a figure of speech, you dunce. I'm using dunce to imitate your speech.

Moves
74d

@divegeester said
Because of your post.
Why do you think because?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
74d

@pettytalk said
Have you never read, in red, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods'?

If I were you I would back to school, but not the same one you got your degree from. And this time get a really short pole, so you can touch Revelation.

I was imitating the speech of a Catholic priest in using 'my child.' It's a figure of speech, you dunce. I'm using dunce to imitate your speech.
😆 unhuh.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
74d

@pettytalk said
Subconscious slip? The elect are the elite. And the elite are the elected to unmask the false Christs, false prophets, and the false teachers. But, as is written, if it were possible, even the elect can be fooled... to believe they are elitists.
Where does this stuff about a group that unmask false prophets originate from (if I've missed the scripture please refresh my memory); who are they; and how do they decide if a prophet is false or not.

Moves
74d

@pettytalk said
Why do you think because?
Because you’re a waffly piss head.

I think not alot

On my arse

Moves
74d

I have a question which has never had a conclusive answer.
Who was Cain afraid of when he was sent away after killing Able?

IP

Moves
74d

@pettytalk said
Literally or symbolically?

Revelation 13: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
I saw one of those once when I was scuba - diving off Bali.

Moves
73d

@happy-chappy said
I have a question which has never had a conclusive answer.
Who was Cain afraid of when he was sent away after killing Able?
Interesting question

I think not alot

On my arse

Moves
73d

@divegeester said
Interesting question
I've been asking that question since my Sunday school days and the only answer I have got is Adam and Eve had many children.
My other question relates to who was God talking to when he said "look what they have become,they have become as one of us,to know good and evil ".
Catholics need not answer.I have heard your "interpretation ".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
73d
1 edit

@happy-chappy said
I've been asking that question since my Sunday school days and the only answer I have got is Adam and Eve had many children.
My other question relates to who was God talking to when he said "look what they have become,they have become as one of us,to know good and evil ".
Catholics need not answer.I have heard your "interpretation ".
Cain and Abel were not necessarily the first, or the only children of Adam and Eve at the time they were written about. It just says Adam knew Eve there was nothing that talks about the first born.

Father, Son, Holy Spirit.