1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '24 08:471 edit
    @kingdavid403 said

28 "Lord," she replied, "even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."
    Is Jesus calling the Jews His Children and everyone else dogs? You need to read and study the Bible. The JEWS are God's chosen people. That makes them separate and of higher standing. A different race. Duh... You really are an idiot. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
    For someone who says they are a church leader you really have a warped idea of who God’s chosen are. Our calling is a spiritual one. In heaven there “is no distinction between Jew and gentile” and there is no biblical indication whatsoever that the Jews are a “different race”. That teaching is racism frankly, or at least it leads to national and genetic elitism. I thought all along this is what you were carefully leading to.

In order to accommodate this horrible doctrine you invent an entirely new species of human.

But hey I’m the “idiot” right!
    And it’s your ass that left the conversation, not mine.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 07:45
    @divegeester said
    For someone who says they are a church leader you really have a warped idea of who God’s chosen are. Our calling is a spiritual one. In heaven there “is no distinction between Jew and gentile” and there is no biblical indication whatsoever that the Jews are a “different race”. That teaching is racism frankly, or at least it leads to national and genetic elitism. I thought ...[text shortened]... human.

But hey I’m the “idiot” right!
    And it’s your ass that left the conversation, not mine.
    Good grief. 🙄
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 08:40
    @suzianne said
    Good grief. 🙄
    I thought my was a fair exegesis of the string of posts by kingDavid.
  4. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 14:36
    @divegeester said
    I thought my was a fair exegesis of the string of posts by kingDavid.
    "Why do you think that is?"

It's fair to say that for someone who seriously and truthfully declares having difficulties with the cardinal directions, I doubt that you could lead out of your own misguided misunderstandings of biblical texts.

Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Your left or your right?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 15:08
    @pettytalk said

It's fair to say that for someone who seriously and truthfully declares having difficulties with the cardinal directions, I doubt that you could lead out of your own misguided misunderstandings of biblical texts.

Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Your left or your right?
    👍
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 19:38
    @pettytalk said

You do realise that this is a discussion forum, right?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 19:38
    @pettytalk said

Do you class yourself as a Christian Pettytalk?
  8. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 14:33
    Is Mark 16:17-18 symbolic, or literal? Perhaps it's just recruiting rhetoric to swell the pool of believers? Just a pep talk a coach gives to his losing team at half-time, which is way down on points to the opposing team?

As history has shown, the initial pool of Christianity has swelled to the point of flooding all parts of the world: A universal Christian deluge more widespread than Noah's flood.

It seems that only false preachers/teachers of Christianity use it, to put on a show with the scope of shearing the fleece from their gullible and greedy flock of sheep.

17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

YouTube&t=506s
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 15:011 edit
    @pettytalk said
    Is Mark 16:17-18 symbolic, or literal? Perhaps it's just recruiting rhetoric to swell the pool of believers? Just a pep talk a coach gives to his losing team at half-time, which is way down on points to the opposing team?

As history has shown, the initial pool of Christianity has swelled to the point of flooding all parts of the world: A universal Christian deluge more w ...[text shortened]... lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwoBUl_Jbts&t=506s
    Literal, but again you reading into the verse that says these things will occur to every one of His, but that is not what it is saying, to know what His followers look like you need to ponder these.

Matthew 7:15-17
    English Standard Version
    “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit.

Matthew 7:19-21
    English Standard Version
    Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

Galatians 5
    English Standard Version
    Keep in Step with the Spirit
    But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 15:24
    @kellyjay said
    Literal, but again you reading into the verse that says these things will occur to every one of His, but that is not what it is saying, to know what His followers look like you need to ponder these.

English Standard Version
    “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fr ...[text shortened]... no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
    Some friendly advice here KJ. Always remember who you dealing with when you carry on a conversation. In replying to JWs I usually slant my response to suit what I know of their doctrine. In this case you are dealing with a Mormon, and he appears to be one of the extremes like an elder and/or one steeped in the older Mormon doctrines where they believe they are like gods [who will be in charge of their own planet or universe], and above ordinary people, breeding thousands of women to create millions of souls like themselves to populate the planet... yeah their doctrine is that sick. You could have figured that out from some of the things he said so far.

So here is what Mormons believe pertaining the bible. The word of God came in 5 books.
    - The Old Testament;
    - The New Testament;
    - The Book of Mormon;
    - The Doctrine and Covenants; and
    - The Pearl of Great Price.

As as far as this man is concerned your doctrine is deficient and inferior to his. What is worse it appears that Joseph Smith got permission from God to re-translate the KJV and got direct interpretation from God for some difficult passages. So arguing with people from this cult is futile.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 15:44
    @rajk999 said
    Some friendly advice here KJ. Always remember who you dealing with when you carry on a conversation. In replying to JWs I usually slant my response to suit what I know of their doctrine. In this case you are dealing with a Mormon, and he appears to be one of the extremes like an elder and/or one steeped in the older Mormon doctrines where they believe they are like gods [w ...[text shortened]... erpretation from God for some difficult passages. So arguing with people from this cult is futile.
    He has said countless times he knows better than me on a number of topics. I don’t think how I present anything will change that high opinion of himself.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 17:55
    @kellyjay said
    He has said countless times he knows better than me on a number of topics. I don’t think how I present anything will change that high opinion of himself.
    Yes, I noticed that, and not only you. Its his delusional superiority engrained through decades of cult indoctrination.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 20:12
    @rajk999 said
    Yes, I noticed that, and not only you. Its his delusional superiority engrained through decades of cult indoctrination.
    ROFL, it doesn't take a delusional superiority ingrained through decades of cult indoctrination to acquire that type of arrogance, where you cannot be shown you are wrong, or even entertain the idea of something they had not even considered in a different light.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 12:11
    @kellyjay said
    Here’s the passage:

”And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

Can you demonstrate how it doesn’t apply to ALL of “those who believe”?
  15. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 15:00
    @kellyjay said

English Standard Version
    “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fr ...[text shortened]... no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
    If it's literal, then why are there no believers performing these tasks in Jesus' name?

To know what his followers look like I use the simple criterion that PLEASES Jesus.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I HAVE LOVED YOU, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree