Shootings

Shootings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
60d

@galveston75 said
@Rajk999

Was Jesus flesh and blood as in a human being when he was raised to heaven? You have to think about this.
When he was raised to heaven, "where no flesh and blood can enter" he had left his body.
So that would mean what?
When the disciples stood watching Jesus ascending into the earths atmosphere, where exactly was he going?

You have to think about this.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

@galveston75 said
We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it....
Blimey. You don't even know the history of your own church.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
59d

@galveston75 said
@Rajk999

Was Jesus flesh and blood as in a human being when he was raised to heaven? You have to think about this.
When he was raised to heaven, "where no flesh and blood can enter" he had left his body.
So that would mean what?
Who cares about that? Jesus said he is returning. The angels of God said it, the prophets said it. The disciples said it. Paul said it. Who the hell are you to say otherwise.

I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? (Luke 18:8 KJV)

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. (1 Thessalonians 5:2 KJV)

There are over 300 references to the second coming of Christ in the bible, and yet you stupid JWs are preaching another doctrine.

Moves
59d

@galveston75 said
With Jehovah's help and the willingness to ask him for it and make the needed changes, he will help you with learning exactly what he tells us and will help us leave pagan teachings behind.
"The truth will set you Free"..
Jehovah once told me to be careful for what I ask for. I replied, why? He said, "ask my Son and he'll tell you."

Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
59d

Is It Proper to Worship Jesus?

THROUGHOUT the centuries, many in Christendom have worshiped Jesus Christ as if he were Almighty God. Jesus himself, however, directed attention and worship only to Jehovah God. For example, when prodded to do an act of worship to the Devil, Jesus said: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matthew 4:10) Later Jesus instructed his disciples: “Do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One.”—Matthew 23:9.

To a Samaritan woman, Jesus described the type of worship that individuals must give to God. Their worship must be based on spirit and truth. Indeed, “the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him.” (John 4:23, 24) Yes, reverent adoration should be expressed only to God. To render worship to anyone or anything else would be a form of idolatry, which is condemned in both the Hebrew and the Greek Scriptures.—Exodus 20:4, 5; Galatians 5:19, 20.

‘But,’ some may counter, ‘does the Bible not indicate that we must also worship Jesus? Did Paul not say at Hebrews 1:6: “Let all the angels of God worship him [Jesus]”?’ King James Version How can we understand this scripture in the light of what the Bible says about idolatry?

Worship in the Bible

First, we have to understand what Paul meant here by worship. He used the Greek word pro·sky·neʹo. Unger’s Bible Dictionary says that this word literally means to ‘kiss the hand of someone in token of reverence or to do homage.’ An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, by W. E. Vine, says that this word “denotes an act of reverence, whether paid to man . . . or to God.” In Bible times pro·sky·neʹo often included literally bowing down before someone of high stature.

Consider the parable Jesus gave of the slave who was unable to repay a substantial sum of money to his master. A form of this Greek word appears in this parable, and in translating it the King James Version says that “the servant therefore fell down, and worshipped [form of pro·sky·neʹo] him [the king], saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.” (Matthew 18:26; italics ours.) Was this man committing an idolatrous act? Not at all! He was merely expressing the kind of reverence and respect due the king, his master and superior.

Such acts of obeisance, or expressions of respect, were fairly common in the Orient of Bible times. Jacob bowed down seven times upon meeting his brother, Esau. Genesis 33:3 Joseph’s brothers prostrated themselves, or did obeisance, before him in honor of his position at the Egyptian court. (Genesis 42:6) In this light we can better understand what happened when the astrologers found the young child Jesus, whom they recognized as “the one born king of the Jews.” As rendered in the King James Version, the account tells us that they “fell down, and worshipped [pro·sky·neʹo] him.”—Matthew 2:2, 11.

Clearly, then, the word pro·sky·neʹo, rendered “worship” in some Bible translations, is not reserved exclusively for the type of adoration due Jehovah God. It can also refer to the respect and honor shown to another person. In an effort to avoid any misunderstanding, some Bible translations render the word pro·sky·neʹo at Hebrews 1:6 as “pay him homage” New Jerusalem Bible, “honour him” The Complete Bible in Modern English, “bow down before him” Twentieth Century New Testament), or “do obeisance to him” New World Translation.
Is Jesus worthy of such obeisance? Most decidedly, yes! In his letter to the Hebrews, the apostle Paul explains that as the “heir of all things,” Jesus has “sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in lofty places.” Hebrews 1:2-4 Thus, “in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.”—Philippians 2:10,11.
Outstandingly, Christ will soon use this exalted position and the extensive executive powers that go with it to transform this earth into a global paradise. Under God’s direction, and as a result of the ransom sacrifice of Jesus, he will rid the world of all sadness, pain, and sorrow for the benefit of those who submit to his righteous rule. Is he therefore not worthy of our honor, respect, and obedience?—Psalm 2:12; Isaiah 9:6; Luke 23:43; Revelation 21:3, 4.
A God Exacting Exclusive Devotion”

The Bible clearly indicates, however, that our worship—in the sense of religious reverence and devotion—must be addressed solely to God. Moses described him as “a God exacting exclusive devotion.” And the Bible exhorts us to “worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and sea and fountains of waters.”—Deuteronomy 4:24; Revelation 14:7.
Jesus certainly occupies a pivotal role in true worship, one worthy of honor and respect. 2 Corinthians 1:20, 21; 1 Timothy 2:5 He is the only way through which we are able to approach Jehovah God. John 14:6 Accordingly, true Christians do well to direct their worship only to Jehovah God, the Almighty.

Now........ either you get it or you don't.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
59d

@galveston75 said

THROUGHOUT the centuries, many in Christendom have worshiped Jesus Christ as if he were Almighty God. Jesus himself, however, directed attention and worship only to Jehovah God. For example, when prodded to do an act of worship to the Devil, Jesus said: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacre ...[text shortened]... ect their worship only to Jehovah God, the Almighty.

Now........ either you get it or you don't.
Copyright The Watchtower Organization?

Moves
59d

@suzianne said
Copyright The Watchtower Organization?
The Goodtime hour.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
59d

@galveston75 said

THROUGHOUT the centuries, many in Christendom have worshiped Jesus Christ as if he were Almighty God. Jesus himself, however, directed attention and worship only to Jehovah God.
Jehovah's Witnesses worshipped Jesus until 1954, after which they were told such worship was idolatrous.

Charles Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, taught that it was proper to worship Jesus and pray to him.

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, though passing through trial and sorrow as a man, was yet possessed of the authority and exercised the prerogatives of a God. He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." Heb. 1:6. He never reproved any one for acts of worship offered to Himself, but when Cornelius offered such service to Peter--the leading apostle-- "he took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man." .... Had Christ not been more than a man the same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

Zion's Watch Tower 1880 Oct pp.2-3

Moves
59d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Jehovah's Witnesses worshipped Jesus until 1954, after which they were told such worship was idolatrous.

Charles Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, taught that it was proper to worship Jesus and pray to him.

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, th ...[text shortened]... e same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

All along the Watchtower.

"There must be some way out of here"
Said the joker to the thief
"There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief
Businessmen, they drink my wine
Plowmen dig my earth
None of them along the line
Know what any of it is worth"

God wants to be LOVED, and not worshiped. We all want to be loved! But on earth we still have a few who also want to be worshiped.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
59d

So sad. The truth could not be clearer but Satan is the master of fooling those who fall for it.
It's also sad that the thread about good hearted human beings causing no harm to anyone, being shot down by a hater in cold and now this has been twisted by the same regular bunch of haters and has been turned in to a bucket of garbled mess.
I see there is still no obvious spiritual progress on the horizon for most here..... I wish it were different.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
59d

@galveston75 said
We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it....

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, though passing through trial and sorrow as a man, was yet possessed of the authority and exercised the prerogatives of a God. He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." Heb. 1:6. He never reproved any one for acts of worship offered to Himself, but when Cornelius offered such service to Peter--the leading apostle-- "he took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man." .... Had Christ not been more than a man the same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
59d

@galveston75 said
So sad. The truth could not be clearer but Satan is the master of fooling those who fall for it.
It's also sad that the thread about good hearted human beings causing no harm to anyone, being shot down by a hater in cold and now this has been twisted by the same regular bunch of haters and has been turned in to a bucket of garbled mess.
I see there is still no obvious spiritual progress on the horizon for most here..... I wish it were different.
Ever the victim of Satan, aren’t you…

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
59d

@divegeester

No not me........

Let me ask you a basic human question........... Did the killing of those in the Kingdom Hall bother you at all?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
59d

@galveston75 said
@divegeester

No not me........

Let me ask you a basic human question........... Did the killing of those in the Kingdom Hall bother you at all?
It bothered me equally as much as any shooting of innocent civilians.

Incidentally, none of which prompted you to turn up here playing the persecution card for by the way.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
59d

@pettytalk said
All along the Watchtower.

"There must be some way out of here"
Said the joker to the thief
"There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief
Businessmen, they drink my wine
Plowmen dig my earth
None of them along the line
Know what any of it is worth"

God wants to be LOVED, and not worshiped. We all want to be loved! But on earth we still have a few who also want to be worshiped.
Cant post a coherent post at all ...