Understanding the Bible:  A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27

Understanding the Bible: A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
114d

@pettytalk said
@kellyjay said
As a man He defeated the devil by taking the devil’s best shot, crucifying Him on the cross, but after that Jesus was raised up to God.

Don't you realize what you are saying? If Jesus' death is to wash all man's sins away, why would the devil want him crucified? It would be to the devil's advantage if Jesus did not die as a sacrifice.

And another thin ...[text shortened]... d he need to tell himself what to say and do? Does God lose his omniscient powers by becoming a man?
The nature of God never changed, taking on humanity brought a bridge that God used for our salvation, by becoming a man we now have an advocate that could talk to man and the Father who sent Jesus, the Word of God made flesh.

Phillippians 2
Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
114d

@kellyjay said

So in your opinion, Jesus is a created being?
I quote the bible. You counteract with your church doctrine. You are bound to fail. You cannot fight the Word of God.

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; (Colossians 1:12-19 KJV)

This fact that God created Christ, is stated more than once. People like you need to stop going to church, erase that church nonsense from your head, and ask God to reveal the truth to you, the way he revealed the truth to Peter that Jesus was the Son of the living God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
114d
1 edit

@rajk999 said
I quote the bible. You counteract with your church doctrine. You are bound to fail. You cannot fight the Word of God.

[i]Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption thro ...[text shortened]... l the truth to you, the way he revealed the truth to Peter that Jesus was the Son of the living God.
You are claiming Jesus is not good or God, you are claiming the Word of God through whom everything that was made, made Himself to?

There are simply so many things you have misinterpreted it is not funny. On top of the fact you have no idea what church I go to so you could know what its doctrine is, so you misrepresent the truth about scripture and my church.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
114d

@kellyjay said
You are claiming Jesus is not good or God
Jesus claimed that.

“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone." Mark 10:18

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
114d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Jesus claimed that.

“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone." Mark 10:18
Yes, and as the Word of God it applied to Himself. Immanuel, you going to address this?

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
114d

@kellyjay said
Yes, and as the Word of God it applied to Himself. Immanuel, you going to address this?
The Immanuel thing is meaningless Kelly in this context. Jesus clearly says no one is good apart from God and challenges why he therefore is being described as good. (Blatantly making clear he is not God).

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
114d

@kellyjay said
You are claiming Jesus is not good or God, you are claiming the Word of God through whom everything that was made, made Himself to?

There are simply so many things you have misinterpreted it is not funny. On top of the fact you have no idea what church I go to so you could know what its doctrine is, so you misrepresent the truth about scripture and my church.
You need a Reading Comprehension course, and lots of prayers πŸ˜€

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
114d

@rajk999 said
You need a Reading Comprehension course, and lots of prayers πŸ˜€
The text couldn't be any simpler.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
114d

@kellyjay said
You think Jesus is God and Jesus does not know that he is God.

Emmanual means "God is with us". That means that the power of God is with mankind. It does not mean that Jesus is God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
114d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The text couldn't be any simpler.
For us it is simple. For an indoctrinated church boy. .. its very confusing.

Moves
114d

@kellyjay said
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are God.

So in your opinion, Jesus is a created being? You must therefore think God made Jesus just to kill Him on the cross after Jesus lived a perfect life, do you, even though Jesus Himself is not good? If He could make Jesus someone who could live a perfect life, why not the rest of us? Do you believe God wanted an excuse to burn people in hell because He didn't want to make us all like He did Jesus?
The concept of the Trinity, as it is understood today, is not explicitly stated in the Old Testament. The Old Testament presents God as one entity, emphasized by the repeated affirmation in the Jewish Shema prayer: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." - Deuteronomy 6:4–5

Why do you avoid the obvious? You mentioned that Jesus defeated the devil by countering his strongest attack, which you identified as the devil's succeeding in having Jesus crucified. This contradicts the devil's self-interest. The devil would try to prevent it, rather than to make it happen.

Now, you're suggesting that God became a man, Jesus, to communicate with humanity. Yet, in the Old Testament, God often communicated with humans, and there was no need for God to become a man for this man-to-man communication. Ask Moses if God spoke to him man-to-man. Consider all the prophets and the people who heard God speak to them. All of these interactions took place in the Old Testament, long before Jesus was sent.

And the "he shall be called Immanuel" prophecy, meaning of the name; God with us, is also a misconception if taken to mean Jesus is also the Father. God the Father has been with 'us' before, many times before he sent his son down. A son of God is a god. In mythology we hear of the gods

Exodus 33:14 - "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

Deuteronomy 31:7 - "The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
114d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The Immanuel thing is meaningless Kelly in this context. Jesus clearly says no one is good apart from God and challenges why he therefore is being described as good. (Blatantly making clear he is not God).
It identifies Jesus as God making your point worthless.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
114d

@rajk999 said
You think Jesus is God and Jesus does not know that he is God.

Emmanual means "God is with us". That means that the power of God is with mankind. It does not mean that Jesus is God.
You add to text many things that are not there.

Moves
114d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Kelly may not have taken Logic 101. And if he did, he flunked it.

If God is a triune Godhead, then can one of the three be less knowledgeable than the other two? Kelly would not touch that one with a ten-foot pole either.

The concept of the Trinity is something that leads people to hell and prevents them from escaping.

There is Cerberus, a three-headed dog guarding hell, to ensure that no one escapes from it. Although it's far-fetched, as it's mythology, I would consider it another sign from God, indicating that it's unholy to make people believe in the Trinity.

Denying God knowledge is simply monstrous. If the Son is also the Father, then He must also be omniscient. Being all-knowing means knowing everything, period.

Here again, right from the horse's mouth, you have other scriptural gems to clearly distinguish a Father from a Son."

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
114d

@kellyjay said

So in your opinion, Jesus is a created being?
The flesh, blood and bones … the entire body of Jesus was created in the womb of Mary. Agreed?

Once you acknowledge this then all that is left is his spirit; and the Bible teaches that there is only ONE spirit