Understanding the Bible:  A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27

Understanding the Bible: A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
113d

@pettytalk said
The concept of the Trinity, as it is understood today, is not explicitly stated in the Old Testament.
It’s not explicitly stated anywhere in the Bible, period.

It’s a purely man-made construct.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
113d
1 edit

@pettytalk said

The concept of the Trinity is something that leads people to hell and prevents them from escaping.
This statement by you is utter bollox, frankly.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
113d

@kellyjay said
It identifies Jesus as God making your point worthless.
It wasn't my point. The point was made by Jesus by asking why he was being described as good, when only God was good.

If it helps, replace the word 'good' with 'French.' - If Jesus had said, 'why do you call me French, only God is French' wouldn't it be blatantly obvious Jesus was indicating he wasn't French?

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
113d

@divegeester said
It’s not explicitly stated anywhere in the Bible, period.

It’s a purely man-made construct.
Agreed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
113d
2 edits

@pettytalk said
Kelly may not have taken Logic 101. And if he did, he flunked it.

If God is a triune Godhead, then can one of the three be less knowledgeable than the other two? Kelly would not touch that one with a ten-foot pole either.

The concept of the Trinity is something that leads people to hell and prevents them from escaping.

There is Cerberus, a three-headed dog guardin ...[text shortened]... hew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
There is far too much confusion in the doctrine of the Trinity. People only accept it without question when they have taken leave of their senses and blindly give themselves over to the church.

However, I can see no justification to believe that it is a critical matter for eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Nobody is going to hell for simply believing this doctrine. The reason is that this matter was not stated in clear unambiguous terms. You have to admit that it was left hanging and stated in several different ways leading to some doubt. There are times when Jesus was called God, and that muddied the water for some people.

People are going to be judged by what God said clearly, and there is no reason to misunderstand. "Love your neighbor as yourself" .. stated clearly, examples given, repeated many times, by Christ and all the Apostles. If you miss that then you are going face condemnation and damnation.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
113d
1 edit

@pettytalk said

Exodus 33:14 - "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

Deuteronomy 31:7 - "The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.
That is actually Deut 31:8 in the KJV.

However when God said "My presence will go with you", I suspect he was referring to Jesus Christ who was with the Jews throughout the journey from Egypt to the promised land.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
113d

@divegeester said
The flesh, blood and bones … the entire body of Jesus was created in the womb of Mary. Agreed?

Once you acknowledge this then all that is left is his spirit; and the Bible teaches that there is only ONE spirit
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

-- John 1:1-5, KJV

Moves
113d

Moves
113d

@rajk999 said
There is far too much confusion in the doctrine of the Trinity. People only accept it without question when they have taken leave of their senses and blindly give themselves over to the church.

However, I can see no justification to believe that it is a critical matter for eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Nobody is going to hell for simply believing this doctrine. The r ...[text shortened]... y Christ and all the Apostles. If you miss that then you are going face condemnation and damnation.
Cerberus was meant to be humorous. However, it may hold some truth, considering that Hell is not a permanent dwelling place for most people. Instead, it's reserved for a select few who persistently repeat the same sins or crimes.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
113d

@pettytalk said
Cerberus was meant to be humorous. However, it may hold some truth, considering that Hell is not a permanent dwelling place for most people. Instead, it's reserved for a select few who persistently repeat the same sins or crimes.
So is it a sin or crime to believe that Jesus is God, and God will punish these people in hell ?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
113d

@suzianne said
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

-- John 1:1-5, KJV
And…?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
113d

@pettytalk said
You really don’t have anything of substance to contribute.

Do you?

Moves
113d

"Please share your thoughts and opinions, and let's see if we can unearth something new together!"

As stated in the opening, the hope was to see if anything new could be unearthed.

So far, nothing new has been shared except for differing opinions that date back to the early days following Jesus's death. Perhaps I am the only one who has attempted to highlight the possibility of discovering something new outside of the Bible, in other literary sources.

I certainly don't expect to be criticized simply for proposing something unusual and unprecedented, by demonstrating a potential connection found outside of the Bible. I suggest that we allow the words to speak for themselves, even if they initially appear to be coincidences.

Clearly, only open-minded individuals will consider the possibilities. However, those with closed minds can express their objections, but I hope they can also refute it in a scholarly manner, rather than merely clinging to their deeply held beliefs.

Moves
113d

@rajk999 said
So is it a sin or crime to believe that Jesus is God, and God will punish these people in hell ?
Apparently, KellyJay needs a classmate for the Reading Comprehension course you suggested for him. You could also benefit significantly if you decided to attend the course.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
113d
1 edit

@pettytalk said
Apparently, KellyJay needs a classmate for the Reading Comprehension course you suggested for him. You could also benefit significantly if you decided to attend the course.
Really ? You said ... The concept of the Trinity is something that leads people to hell and prevents them from escaping.

Where is the proof from the bible that this is the case.