Understanding the Bible:  A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27

Understanding the Bible: A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
111d
1 edit

@pettytalk said
Religious books are considered a genre of literature, known as religious literature. God is all over the place, and therefore we have the sophisticated academic tern, Omnipresent.

However, from my perspective, when it comes to Jesus' claim that He's the only way to the Father, we are seeking a specific piece of literature that will lead us to THE God-Father. The theme he ...[text shortened]... forward along the path to discover more evidence of God's Omnipresence, where He casts vast shadows.
Jesus said He is the Way, Truth, and Life no one comes to the Father but through Him. God dealt with Israel harshly getting them to turn away from false gods, after the exile we never read again where they worshiped false gods and burned their children alive to them. God was clear on false prophets, who spoke for Him and didn't. He watches over His Word to perform it, so those who add or take away from the truth are running foul of God.

Seeking God in places that turn people from Him you'll never find Him. Unlike many other religious leaders, anyone could preach the things they espoused as truth, you could change the name and keep the message the same there would be no change outside of name, Joseph Smith could have been Bod Behoney, Buda could have been name Pete Smith, Mohammad could have been any other carrying same message.

Now there are those here who are saying the same thing about Jesus Christ, turn Jesus into just another guy, but in Jesus's case that cannot be true. His birth was foretold as far back as the fall of man in Genesis 3, where we are told through woman's seed Jesus would come. If you read all of the genealogies in scripture it is always the father of one to the another. The son of man is a title that means more than just a man, while the sons of God is something that all men could lay claim to from Adam to us God being our maker. Some wish diminish Jesus's deity and His very goodness, turning Him again into just another guy, this is why when they speak about their Jesus the one they are talking about is not the one in scripture theirs is one they made up in their heads as they keep the other out of their lives least He exposes their sins.

Jesus was sent by God, Jesus knew why He was born as a man, no other can claim this and they want Christ to be just another guy.

Genesis
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”
Daniel
“I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
111d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Jesus said He is the Way, Truth, and Life no one comes to the Father but through Him. God dealt with Israel harshly getting them to turn away from false gods, after the exile we never read again where they worshiped false gods and burned their children alive to them. God was clear on false prophets, who spoke for Him and didn't. He watches over His Word to perform it, so th ...[text shortened]... n there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him.
Jesus the Way, the Truth and the Life, and He was abundantly clear that In the end at judgment day, this will happen ...
ALL NATIONS,
TWO GROUPS
SHEEP & GOATS

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. (Matthew 25:32-33 KJV)

One group feeds the hungry, helps the needy etc
The other group, the goats, are just talkers who called Jesus, "Lord, Lord".

There is no group called :
Believers or Unbelievers
Faithful or unfaithful.

Its all about who did the good works Jesus said to do

No man gets eternal life unless Jesus Christ approves.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
111d

@rajk999 said
Jesus the Way, the Truth and the Life, and He was abundantly clear that In the end at judgment day, this will happen ...
ALL NATIONS,
TWO GROUPS
SHEEP & GOATS

[i]And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the ...[text shortened]... o did the good works Jesus said to do [/b]

No man gets eternal life unless Jesus Christ approves.
Your Jesus isn't God nor is he good, he is just a guy. I suggest you start listening for His voice the real Jesus, because the one you proclaim isn't good, if he isn't good, he most certainly has nothing to brag over anyone else not good too.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
111d

@kellyjay said
Your Jesus isn't God nor is he good, he is just a guy. I suggest you start listening for His voice the real Jesus, because the one you proclaim isn't good, if he isn't good, he most certainly has nothing to brag over anyone else not good too.
Nope ... sorry, not taking advice from you "Lord Lord" types. Jesus said to beware of people like like you;

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. (Matthew 7:15-23 KJV)

You are promoting a goat doctrine, and encouraging people to be goats like you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
111d

@rajk999 said
Nope ... sorry, not taking advice from you "Lord Lord" types. Jesus said to beware of people like like you;

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. (Matthew 7:15-23 KJV)

You are promoting a goat doctrine, and encouraging people to be goats like you.
I do believe Jesus is Lord, He is the Lord God almighty, you got some guy that wasn't always around appointed to a position of deity even though you say he isn't good.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
111d
2 edits

@kellyjay said
I do believe Jesus is Lord, He is the Lord God almighty, you got some guy that wasn't always around appointed to a position of deity even though you say he isn't good.
Jesus’ body wasn’t always around, it was created in Mary’s womb; only the spirit which was within him was around previously. And as the bible clearly states “there is one spirit”.

Hence, no “trinity”.

Edit and also no such thing as “the eternal son”.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
111d

@kellyjay said
Several billion people believe that as well, even the goats ... these are the "Lord Lord" types who will be condemned. Carry on with your "Lord Lord".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
111d
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Several billion people believe that as well, even the goats ... these are the "Lord Lord" types who will be condemned. Carry on with your "Lord Lord".
You can say goats all you like, you claim Jesus is just a man who isn't good and you want to call him Lord. I'm telling you the Word of God made flesh, the One sent to us from the Father, the One who said before Abraham, I am, is the Word of God made flesh. Jesus knew where He came from before He was a man, and He knew why He was born, Jesus is the Lamb of God, the Lion of Judah, you make Him out to be just another guy who isn't good. You even quote scripture to disprove His deity that claims He created all things and nothing was created except through Him, and you still deny who He is.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
111d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You can say goats all you like, you claim Jesus is just a man who isn't good and you want to call him Lord. I'm telling you the Word of God made flesh, the One sent to us from the Father, the One who said before Abraham, I am, is the Word of God made flesh. Jesus knew where He came from before He was a man, and He knew why He was born, Jesus is the Lamb of God, the Lion of ...[text shortened]... aims He created all things and nothing was created except through Him, and you still deny who He is.
Spoken like a true goat ... Lol ..

" But Lord, we know you are good, we call you Lord, you are the Word made flesh .... blah blah blah ... "

Jesus says .. .. Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. (Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
111d

@kellyjay said
You can say goats all you like, you claim Jesus is just a man who isn't good and you want to call him Lord. I'm telling you the Word of God made flesh, the One sent to us from the Father, the One who said before Abraham, I am, is the Word of God made flesh. Jesus knew where He came from before He was a man, and He knew why He was born, Jesus is the Lamb of God, the Lion of ...[text shortened]... aims He created all things and nothing was created except through Him, and you still deny who He is.
You do acknowledge though, that the physical body of Jesus didn’t exist prior to his conception, embryonic and foetal growth, birth and growth into a man?

Moves
111d

@kellyjay said
Jesus said He is the Way, Truth, and Life no one comes to the Father but through Him. God dealt with Israel harshly getting them to turn away from false gods, after the exile we never read again where they worshiped false gods and burned their children alive to them. God was clear on false prophets, who spoke for Him and didn't. He watches over His Word to perform it, so th ...[text shortened]... n there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him.
I don't mind exchanging personal opinions and ideas with you, but we are to be true to ourselves, before we seek out to uncover truth itself.

One way you can try to be true to yourself is to be consistent. Since we are discussing Biblical texts, consistency means not cherry-picking passages, nor twisting and turning even those you do favor. You can't just close your eyes to passages, or the meanings of passages which you feel may take away your "ticket to heaven." Heaven knows that many do the same. Therefore, we have Luke 13:24: "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able."

You will never believe this, but I can tell you that the Bible represents the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. There is good and evil in the word of God.

Genesis 3:5: "For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." Isaiah 45:7: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I am the Lord who does all these things."

The Bible is full of the knowledge of good and evil. People naturally pick off any tree the fruit which seems to be better for their taste. The tree of knowledge is no different, and that's why the Father used a tree and its fruit as an analogy for good and evil. There is contention, and not agreement when it comes to the determination of what is good and what is evil.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
111d
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Spoken like a true goat ... Lol ..

" But Lord, we know you are good, we call you Lord, you are the Word made flesh .... blah blah blah ... "

Jesus says .. .. Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye ...[text shortened]... d, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. (Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)
Nothing you just said has you addressing the deity of Christ or Jesus being good, or the fact that everything made was made through Him. All you got are slights against me which in context also doesn’t address your calling.? You don’t speak to Jesus not being good and a created being appointed to deity status, not devine in His own right.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
111d

@kellyjay said
Nothing you just said has you addressing the deity of Christ or Jesus being good, or the fact that everything made was made through Him. All you got are slights against me which in context also doesn’t address your calling Jesus not good and a created being appointed to deity status not devine in His own right.
Oh .. I got it. Here is a passage from the KJV {KellyJayVeryStupidBible]

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was an hungred, and ye called 'Lord Lord':
I was thirsty, and ye made me God
I was a stranger, and ye called me good
Naked, and ye called me Divine
I was sick, and ye made me equal to God
I was in prison, and ye called eternal.
(Kelly 25:34-36 KJV)

This is how your bible would read. Sadly for you, Jesus wont think it funny.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
111d
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Oh .. I got it. Here is a passage from the KJV {KellyJayVeryStupidBible]

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was an hungred, and ye called 'Lord Lord':
I was thirsty, and ye made me God
I was a stranger, and ye called me good
Naked, and ye c ...[text shortened]... 25:34-36 KJV)

This is how your bible would read. Sadly for you, Jesus wont think it funny.
That scripture suggests to you about the deity of Christ how, or Jesus not being good?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
111d

@pettytalk said
I don't mind exchanging personal opinions and ideas with you, but we are to be true to ourselves, before we seek out to uncover truth itself.

One way you can try to be true to yourself is to be consistent. Since we are discussing Biblical texts, consistency means not cherry-picking passages, nor twisting and turning even those you do favor. You can't just close your eye ...[text shortened]... s contention, and not agreement when it comes to the determination of what is good and what is evil.
Was there a point in there somewhere?