Understanding the Bible:  A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27

Understanding the Bible: A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
99d

@pettytalk said
One way you can try to be true to yourself is to be consistent. Since we are discussing Biblical texts, consistency means not cherry-picking passages, nor twisting and turning even those you do favor. You can't just close your eyes to passages, or the meanings of passages which you feel may take away your "ticket to heaven."
This assertion by you depends on wether or not the bible is accepted as being the complete, inerrant and exclusive word of god.

Is it?
How do you know?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
98d

@rajk999 said
Nope ... sorry, not taking advice from you "Lord Lord" types. Jesus said to beware of people like like you;

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. (Matthew 7:15-23 KJV)

You are promoting a goat doctrine, and encouraging people to be goats like you.
You cherry pick scripture while ignoring the whole, what do you do with the rest of scripture that does not line up with your godless Jesus who isn't good?

From Hebrews

But of the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has anointed you
with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”

Moves
98d

@kellyjay said
You cherry pick scripture while ignoring the whole
As do you KellyJay.

Moves
98d

@kellyjay said
Was there a point in there somewhere?
Was there a point? More than one, and to which you refuse to listen. Indeed, it's a very poignant one now.

If the household is worthy, let your peace rest upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whoever does not welcome you or listen to your words, when you leave that house or city, shake the dust off your feet. I assure you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that household and city!

Grace alone will not save you on the Day of Judgment. Feed your head (mind) first, and then seek out somebody to love; ideally, those who are very poor, the needy, hungry, thirsty, and naked souls. After all, the Day of Judgment is imminent for all of us. God is very reserved when it comes to dishing out his Grace indiscriminately.

Paul, a Pharisee, was a very persuasive speaker. He was a very slick snake charmer who traveled over land and sea, converting hundreds of millions into proselytes, to make them twice as much children of hell as he was.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
98d

@pettytalk said
Was there a point? More than one, and to which you refuse to listen. Indeed, it's a very poignant one now.

If the household is worthy, let your peace rest upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whoever does not welcome you or listen to your words, when you leave that house or city, shake the dust off your feet. I assure you, it will be more t ...[text shortened]... u make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_gg6JNLtXI
Do you know what grace is?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
98d

@kellyjay said
You cherry pick scripture while ignoring the whole, what do you do with the rest of scripture that does not line up with your godless Jesus who isn't good?

From Hebrews

But of the Son he says,

Try learning how to quote the bible...
Book
Chapter
Verses
Version

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
98d

@kellyjay said
But of the Son he says,

What is the point?

That Jesus is God ?
God, [Father], anointed Jesus [The Son]

They are still two separate and distinct beings.

Moves
98d

@kellyjay said
I should, given that my family is full of 'Graces.'

However, it seems you're not interested in learning that 'Grace' is actually a forgery, a masterpiece of deceit crafted by Paul.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
98d

@pettytalk said

However, it seems you're not interested in learning that 'Grace' is actually a forgery, a masterpiece of deceit crafted by Paul.
I think you are heading down a dangerous road. Paul did not craft any deceit. Paul explained what Jesus preached to him to the Gentiles, and if the full Paul letters are read and understood then there would be no misunderstanding or false doctrines.

It is Martin Luther and his stupidity that caused Christianity to go astray with the doctrine that Grace alone is what is required for people to get eternal life.

John said : For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. (John 1:17 KJV)

Grace is through Christ. This means that it is through Christ mankind has been saved from the condemnation of the sin of Adam.

That certainly does not mean that all people get eternal life, by professing faith, as preached in many churches.

Misinterpretation is not the fault of Paul.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
98d
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Try learning how to quote the bible...
Book
Chapter
Verses
Version
I quoted the text if you are not familiar with the book it’s from the first chapter. Try reading.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
98d

@pettytalk said

If you are going to talk about salvation and grace according to biblical definition then you should be able to talk about what grace is and what we are being saved from and why we need to be.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
98d

@rajk999 said
What is the point?

That Jesus is God ?
God, [Father], anointed Jesus [The Son]

They are still two separate and distinct beings.
Yes they are and both are God along with the Holy Spirit.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
98d

@kellyjay said
I quoted the text if you are not familiar with the book it’s from the first chapter. Try reading.
Lame . read up on that.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
98d

@kellyjay said
Yes they are and both are God along with the Holy Spirit.
Three separate and distinct entities.
Not equal.
Jesus is the firstborn or begotton of creation.

Moves
98d

@rajk999 said
I think you are heading down a dangerous road. Paul did not craft any deceit. Paul explained what Jesus preached to him to the Gentiles, and if the full Paul letters are read and understood then there would be no misunderstanding or false doctrines.

It is Martin Luther and his stupidity that caused Christianity to go astray with the doctrine that Grace alone is what is ...[text shortened]... , by professing faith, as preached in many churches.

Misinterpretation is not the fault of Paul.
You choose your path, and I'll choose mine. As I mentioned earlier, you and KellyJay are essentially classmates. The distinction lies in the fact that you've been raised in different parts of the pond. Both of you are fish, ironically, the symbol for Christians. You two pick different cherries, and that's the extent of it. While Kelly is obstinate, he's a gentle angelfish; you, on the other hand, are a vicious moray eel.