1. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 12:51
    Originally posted by Russ
    I really hope existing subs do not think this was too unfair - we had hoped the 10% value discount was small enough not to irritate too many existing subs. Unfortunately, there was no way to offer a similar deal for existing subs.
    why? just lower the price by 10% for a year, problem solved. bet you are regretting starting this discount scam. 😀
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 19:42
    If exisiting subs are so "put out" by the discount offered to new subs they should cancel their current subscription and then rejoin the site to get their 10% discount.

Amazing how quickly the existing subs forgot the discounted rate they get when the subscription fee went up

Thread 104901

Rather than moaning about a $4 discount that new subscribers are being offered remember that when the sub fee rose in January 2009 from $29.95 to $39.95 existing subs could continue to enjoy the lower rate therefore saving themselves $10 per year.

A far better discount than the $4 on offer.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 02:38
    Originally posted by adramforall
    If exisiting subs are so "put out" by the discount offered to new subs they should cancel their current subscription and then rejoin the site to get their 10% discount.

Amazing how quickly the existing subs forgot the discounted rate they get when the subscription fee went up

Thread 104901

Rather than moaning about a $4 discount t ...[text shortened]... rate therefore saving themselves $10 per year.

A far better discount than the $4 on offer.
    Not so I'm afraid adram, my subs have been gifted from two separate parties..the $10 off in '09 offer surely should and could have been made based upon continuing subs and not merely on the same card paying or one person. In fact I'm still unsure why I had to pay the same as someone joining after '09....why should gifts from my wife and previously a couple from my brother in law be any different to my own offering up of a card ??
    I don't think folk were necessarily offended but I think it would've 'gone down better' to give the whole community the opportunity of a 10% discount, not just new subs. I thought any potential loss would be outweighed by having the money deposited in the sites bank earlier than subs due date...buy now and add 12mths to your normal due date, it guarantees continued subscription and earlier than usual....I know for a fact others would've taken this option as it was mentioned to me, it's not my idea lol..
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 12:01
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Not so I'm afraid adram, my subs have been gifted from two separate parties..the $10 off in '09 offer surely should and could have been made based upon continuing subs and not merely on the same card paying or one person. In fact I'm still unsure why I had to pay the same as someone joining after '09....why should gifts from my wife and previously a coup ...[text shortened]... ct others would've taken this option as it was mentioned to me, it's not my idea lol..
    So long as your details are kept up to date then the payments can come from a different person/card account each year. What is looked at is the ability for continued recurring billing to be in place.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 00:15
    Originally posted by adramforall
    So long as your details are kept up to date then the payments can come from a different person/card account each year. What is looked at is the ability for continued recurring billing to be in place.
    I guess I should go to the Appeals Court 😛
  6. Subscriberdanivonline
    Daniel
    Bucharest
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 05:34
    Originally posted by Russ
    we had hoped the 10% value discount was small enough
    Yep, for me is small enough not to renew my expired subscription. When the rate will go down to previous value (below 30), I'll think about it then.
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 13:19
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I guess I should go to the Appeals Court 😛
    You lost 😛
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 13:24
    Originally posted by daniv
    Yep, for me is small enough not to renew my expired subscription. When the rate will go down to previous value (below 30), I'll think about it then.
    The rate went up over 2 years ago.

The increase while quite substantial in %age terms was still only $10 or 20 cents per week, less than 3 cents per day.

A small price to pay.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree