1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 09:521 edit
    The 2010 Championship tournament is now accepting entrants.

Please claim a space ASAP so we can start promptly in the New Year.

Good luck to all!

Tournament Tournament 8986
  2. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 17:03
    I wish all members good luck, who play the championship.
    I prefer to play this tournament not anymore.

By the way, an idea to this tournament:

Perhaps it would be nice to vote the best game of this tournament, after the championship has finished. We could made a threat, where every member of the championship can present his personal best games in his eyes. After a special time, we can vote for one of these games 😉
  3. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 17:32
    By best game do you mean best thrashing or 170 move thriller? 😛😵
  4. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 20:171 edit
    This should everybody decide by himself.

Perhaps it should have a good combination from the attacker side and also a great defense. This could be a short game, but mostly there are made an easier mistake in this games. So I tend more to a longer game with a great fight.
    But this should decide the members here on RHP with his own voting 😉
  5. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 12:07
    Originally posted by Hannilein007
    This should everybody decide by himself.

Perhaps it should have a good combination from the attacker side and also a great defense. This could be a short game, but mostly there are made an easier mistake in this games. So I tend more to a longer game with a great fight.
    But this should decide the members here on RHP with his own voting 😉
    Is this like a way of sussing out engines???
  6. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 12:41
    I wish all members good luck, who play the championship.
    I prefer to play this tournament not anymore.

By the way, an idea to this tournament:

Perhaps it would be nice to vote the best game of this tournament, after the championship has finished. We could made a threat, where every member of the championship can present his personal best games in his eyes. After a special time, we can vote for one of these games 😉
    yeah I like that idea, we should do more stuff as such around here 😉
  7. Amsterdam
    Moves
    24 Dec '09 12:42
    Why participate in this tournament if you're rated under 2000?
    As if you ever have a chance of getting to the next round, let alone winning it! 😛
  8. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    24 Dec '09 13:32
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    As if you ever have a chance of getting to the next round, let alone winning it! 😛
    it is always fun to participate, and loose against better players!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Dec '09 23:26
    There are always a fair number of players rated under 2000 who make it to round 2, down as low as 1700 or so.
  10. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '09 08:521 edit
    Perhaps it would be much better to make a banded-tournament-structure of Championship.

Also it would be good to reduce the time of 30 timebank for each player and finished the tournament after three rounds. Also the number of players in a group should be grow to 20 players. The vacation will not exempt you from timeout in this tournament 😉 So after 180 days this is 100% finish 🙂

The rest of the players of a banded group could play in duell-tournaments with a timebank of less than 15 days, and only a winner comes in the next round; if both are equal the "robot-coin" will decided or none of them come in the next round 😉

Only the players, who reached the third round in a banded group in the last championship can decide to play in the next higher banded tournament in the next championship.

Also the date should be exactly terminated, that everyone know, there starts the next championship (perhaps 15 or 20 januaray of a year)
  11. Amsterdam
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 12:17
    Perhaps it would be much better to make a banded-tournament-structure of Championship.

Also it would be good to reduce the time of 30 timebank for each player and finished the tournament after three rounds. Also the number of players in a group should be grow to 20 players. The vacation will not exempt you from timeout in this tournament 😉 So after ...[text shortened]... , that everyone know, there starts the next championship (perhaps 15 or 20 januaray of a year)
    Multiple good suggestions!

- The banded structure
    - Vacation settings overruled
  12. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 23:33

Also it would be good to reduce the time of 30 timebank for each player and finished the tournament after three rounds. Also the number of players in a group should be grow to 20 players. The vacation will not exempt you from timeout in this tournament 😉 So after ...[text shortened]... , that everyone know, there starts the next championship (perhaps 15 or 20 januaray of a year)
    Rec'd plus throw in - if suspected of engine use then guilty until proven innocent (as if 🙂 ) which excludes you from tournie and we can then celebrate the first ever human winning 😉
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 15:48
    Originally posted by orion25
    it is always fun to participate, and loose against better players!
    Do you really think so? Is it more fun to win against a 1887 or to lose against a 1244?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree