1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    03 Jan '11 18:431 edit
    The 2011 Championship tournament is now accepting entrants.

    Please claim a space ASAP so we can start before the end of January.

    Good luck to all!

    Tournament Tournament 10998
  2. Standard memberSapanRinpoche
    Sapan Rinpoche
    Lyons, CO, USA, NA
    Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    53937
    20 Jan '11 07:04
    Originally posted by Russ
    The 2011 Championship tournament is now accepting entrants.

    Please claim a space ASAP so we can start before the end of January.

    Good luck to all!

    Tournament Tournament 10998
    I hope the PAIRINGS are better distributed, more fair, more considtent with good SWISS SYSTEM type of top & bottom this year. This notion of RANDOM Pairings is for the Birds ... Tweet Tweet!
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414361
    24 Jan '11 06:11
    Originally posted by SapanRinpoche
    I hope the PAIRINGS are better distributed, more fair, more considtent with good SWISS SYSTEM type of top & bottom this year. This notion of RANDOM Pairings is for the Birds ... Tweet Tweet!
    What would be nice to see is different divisions:

    Example: Under 1200
    1200-1400
    1400-1600
    1600-1800
    1800-2000
    Then let the 2000+ battle it out among themselves.

    It would make for a fun championship for all with winners in each division.
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    6375
    25 Jan '11 09:30
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    What would be nice to see is different divisions:

    Example: Under 1200
    1200-1400
    1400-1600
    1600-1800
    1800-2000
    Then let the 2000+ battle it out among themselves.

    It would make for a fun championship for all with winners in each division.
    Why not subdividing even more like:
    1200 - 1210 etc
    Would make no less than 100 winners. Subdividing even more would give you the chance to win a group yourself as you would then be the only player in that group.
  5. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    23744
    26 Jan '11 16:52
    how about a monthly championship offering with 4 divisions and a rating cap on each one except the top. a player may enter any of the divisions as long as his/her rating is below the cap. this is done elsewhere, i'd like to see something like that here.
  6. Standard memberCalWriter
    Creative Genius
    Literary Lion Land
    Joined
    12 Sep '04
    Moves
    75934
    27 Jan '11 22:33
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    What would be nice to see is different divisions:

    Example: Under 1200
    1200-1400
    1400-1600
    1600-1800
    1800-2000
    Then let the 2000+ battle it out among themselves.

    It would make for a fun championship for all with winners in each division.
    What about section champions? Keep the open format but have best score for 1200-1400, etc?
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    31 Jan '11 12:00
    The 2011 Championship will be starting this week on February 2nd.
  8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    Joined
    23 Mar '04
    Moves
    207989
    10 Feb '11 22:38
    Originally posted by Russ
    The 2011 Championship will be starting this week on February 2nd.
    Can I ask you to comment on the Very Rusty message above?
    I think that would be an interesting idea!
  9. Subscriberlechler
    The Gutenberg Clan
    Leimen, Germany
    Joined
    23 Aug '02
    Moves
    159077
    13 Feb '11 11:33
    pleas check the links from the single game to the tournament overview. The links are connected wrongly. Thx
Back to Top