1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 15:41
    The new season will be starting on November 18th 2008.

Please enter your teams well in advance of this date if you would like your clan to compete.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 23:23
    Originally posted by Russ
    The new season will be starting on November 18th 2008.

Please enter your teams well in advance of this date if you would like your clan to compete.
    About divisions:

Let's say Division 1 has 6 clans return for the new season, Div. 2 has 3, and Div. 3 has 5. Do the former Div. 2 clans all go up to Div. 1? How about the top two from Div. 3 last season? Where do they go?

What if there are more than 10 new clans? How would they be assigned into divisions? Would a select 10 rank in a 'higher' division just by luck of the draw? Or first 10 to enter?
  3. Standard membermisterrigel
    Dosadi Survivor
    Chicago
    Moves
    07 Nov '08 03:11
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    About divisions:

Let's say Division 1 has 6 clans return for the new season, Div. 2 has 3, and Div. 3 has 5. Do the former Div. 2 clans all go up to Div. 1? How about the top two from Div. 3 last season? Where do they go?

What if there are more than 10 new clans? How would they be assigned into divisions? Would a select 10 rank in a 'higher' division just by luck of the draw? Or first 10 to enter?
    If only 6 clans in division 1 sign up for the new season then the remaining four slots would be filled with div. 2 teams, beginning with the div. 2 teams which were eliminated from div. 1 the previous season and proceeding down (the third place clan in div. 2 would be signed up, then the fourth place etc.) until div. 1 is filled. This process then repeats until all of the clans which participated last season are condensed into the top divisions. As of right now we have 30 clans signed up for the new season that participated in the last one, so they'll fill up the first three divisions.

Now, the placement of the 21 teams who are new to the 7 day leagues is a bit more ambiguous, but I think they are placed by the date the clan was formed, so the oldest ten would get the fourth division, and the next oldest ten would get the fifth division, but I'm not sure.
  4. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    08 Nov '08 16:21
    Originally posted by misterrigel
    Now, the placement of the 21 teams who are new to the 7 day leagues is a bit more ambiguous, but I think they are placed by the date the clan was formed, so the oldest ten would get the fourth division, and the next oldest ten would get the fifth division, but I'm not sure.
    I think that it is in order that the clan teams were entered (or last modified) for the league - so the earliest entrants will be placed into the higher divisions.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 15:23
    This has now started. Good luck to all entrants.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree