1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Sep '04 07:58
    Due the ongoing process of confirming all email addresses for non-subscribers, the timeout period has been extended for at least another 24 hours.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

-Russ
  2. Virginia
    Moves
    03 Sep '04 12:13
    Russ,

Just wondering, why are the claim wins on hold? I understand suspending them after RHP was down for a day or so, allowing people to come back and make moves, but why now?
  3. Standard memberfawcr01
    Headless chicken
    Avoiding studying
    Moves
    04 Sep '04 07:39
    I'd like to put forward what might be considered a controversial point of view:

As it's non-subscribers that are affected by the delay in email verification, and also that to be in a situation where you can have a win claimed against you usually means not logging on for about a week at a time, then I think that 48 hours makes very little difference.

I suggest either: allowing the time-out option between two registered players (if this is feasible and easily implemented)
    Or: enabling it full-stop and tough luck on the small number of non-subscribers who might be affected.

Cheers,
    Richard (anxiously waiting to time someone out! 😛)
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Sep '04 10:04
    That are still several hundred active members to sort out. Many have patiently waited for the verification emails to arrive without success.

This is due to a number of reasons, such as ISPs bouncing our emails, reasons which are completely out of the control of the users affected. As some have been active on the site for sometime, it is a little unfair to punish them by turning on the timeouts right now.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree