Clan changes

Clan changes

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13 Oct 04

As part of the ongoing clan update, a few changes have been made.

- A new iteration of the challenge system has been released.
- Clans with shared members may now challenge each other if shared members are excluded.
- The number of clans a person may now join is now limited to 3.

-Russ

p
Happy Hour Hero.

Albuquerque, NM

Moves
13 Oct 04

Originally posted by Russ
As part of the ongoing clan update, a few changes have been made.

- A new iteration of the challenge system has been released.
- Clans with shared members may now challenge each other if shared members are excluded.
- The number of clans a person may now join is now limited to 3.

-Russ
I am already a member of four clans. Do I have to leave on of them?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13 Oct 04

Originally posted by player42
I am already a member of four clans. Do I have to leave on of them?
If you are in more than 3 already, then that is fine.

-Russ

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
13 Oct 04

As most people stay at RHP for at least the duration of an annual subscription, if not indefinitely, won't it soon seem a little unfair that some players are in 6 clans, whilst others are only allowed to be in a maximum of 3? I think the restriction is a great idea but feel it only fair that it ought to be implemented across the board.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13 Oct 04

Ideally people would cut back to 3, but I don't want to force anyone.

-Russ

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
14 Oct 04

Originally posted by Russ
Ideally people would cut back to 3, but I don't want to force anyone.

-Russ
Russ I admire you for trying to be fair because you sure can't please everybody. I don't see how you do it.🙄

o

Los Angeles

Moves
17 Oct 04

I'm with Exy here. What's the value of a rule, even a good one, if it's only applicable to part of the community? Why not just make it a suggestion, if you don't want to force anyone to do anything they don't want to do. Because, clearly, you're able to impose this rule on people before they join 3 plus clans.

I should say, that somehow I feel cheated. And I hadn't even thought of joining 4 clans. Make it a rule or make it a suggestion, but this inbetween stuff doesn't work.

oishi

g
The man himself

Totally lost

Moves
18 Oct 04

Most people, myself included, have voluntarily reduced their clan memberships to three.

P

Moves
19 Oct 04

Thanks Russ for the updates - the challenge system has improved at least 100%! Great job. 🙂

-Jarno

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
25 Oct 04

Originally posted by oishi
I should say, that somehow I feel cheated. And I hadn't even thought of joining 4 clans. Make it a rule or make it a suggestion, but this inbetween stuff doesn't work.

oishi
This strikes me as a classic case of wet paint syndrome - you didn't want 4 clans until you were told you couldn't have them.

d
The Godfather

e8

Moves
26 Oct 04

Thanks Russ, the challenge system is much improved.

B

Moves
02 Nov 04

oishi[/b]
This is a perfectly reasonable approach, implementing a new rule whilst protecting the staus quo of existing users. Happens all the time in life.

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
02 Nov 04

great idea - and the new challenge system works a treat. thanks russ!