1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '16 13:261 edit
    It only seems like yesterday we were celebrating a decade of offering a continuous chess service - and suddenly here we are at fifteen.

Some players who have been with us from the very start are still active now, which makes me feel very proud that a for a significant part of their lives, they have chosen to play their chess at RHP and contributed to the community.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us on the journey - the internet has changed dramatically since from those early days in 2001, but we will be here in one form or another for the next fifteen.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    21 Feb '16 15:26
    And my 15 year anniversary with RHP is coming up in just a few more days!

Here's what we looked like in very early 2001.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010512010926/http://www.redhotpawn.com/index.php?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Feb '16 16:40
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    And my 15 year anniversary with RHP is coming up in just a few more days!

Here's what we looked like in very early 2001.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010512010926/http://www.redhotpawn.com/index.php?
    OMG, the player list had 20 names on it.

I remember when I joined two years later, the home page looked similar, just slightly different.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    21 Feb '16 17:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    OMG, the player list had 20 names on it.

I remember when I joined two years later, the home page looked similar, just slightly different.
    And the highest rated player was only at 1308. We have come a long way since those days!
    I was even the top rated player for a very short time, until bessyboo came along and took me down a notch.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '16 21:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    It only seems like yesterday we were celebrating a decade of offering a continuous chess service - and suddenly here we are at fifteen.

Some players who have been with us from the very start are still active now, which makes me feel very proud that a for a significant part of their lives, they have chosen to play their chess at RHP and contributed to the com ...[text shortened]... from those early days in 2001, but we will be here in one form or another for the next fifteen.
    Congratulations on the anniversary and well done on creating something with longevity as well as commercial robustness.

Nice job too. There isn't many things that would keep me occupied over an 8 year period.
  6. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 19:43

Some players who have been with us from the very start are still active now, which makes me feel very proud that a for a significant part of their lives, they have chosen to play their chess at RHP and contributed to the com ...[text shortened]... from those early days in 2001, but we will be here in one form or another for the next fifteen.
    Congrats Russ 🙂
  7. Joined
    19 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '16 09:37
    I have been a member for 10 years thanks for a great site to play chess. I hope to be here for the next 15 too.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 15:20

Some players who have been with us from the very start are still active now, which makes me feel very proud that a for a significant part of their lives, they have chosen to play their chess at RHP and contributed to the commun ...[text shortened]... nce from those early days in 2001, but we will be here in one form or another for the next fifteen.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Thank, Russ.
  9. Brisbane
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 13:07
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Thank, Russ.
    I cannot believe it is almost 12 years for me, maybe more since I did subscribe after a few months of playing without subscribing. This site is great and has improved. Easy to play and the stats are great with the whole history. Thank you Russ
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 13:14
    Originally posted by Celsius I
    I cannot believe it is almost 12 years for me, maybe more since I did subscribe after a few months of playing without subscribing. This site is great and has improved. Easy to play and the stats are great with the whole history. Thank you Russ
    11 years for me today.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree