1. DonationCorsair
    The English Pirate
    London
    Moves
    24 Jan '05 22:15
    Originally posted by Russ
    [b]All cheating accusations will now be moderated.

If you feel someone is not playing fairly, please send feedback with any evidence (please be very precise).

-Russ[/b]
    Thank Allah!
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Jan '05 09:12
    Remember that everyone can help with the moderation - if you see any cheating accusations in the forums, please alert them.

Thanks,

-Russ
  3. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 12:371 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Remember that everyone can help with the moderation - if you see any cheating accusations in the forums, please alert them.

Thanks,

-Russ
    How do we go about alerting those cheat accusations that are now taking place in, at least one, of the unmoderated clan forums - I know you couldn't have expected someone to stoop so low and exploit this so quickly, but now that they have we need a way to redress this.
  4. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 15:291 edit
    Originally posted by Exy
    How do we go about alerting those cheat accusations that are now taking place in, at least one, of the unmoderated clan forums - I know you couldn't have expected someone to stoop so low and exploit this so quickly, but now that they have we need a way to redress this.
    How do we treat cheat accusations on other boards?

How do we treat accusations by PM?

How do we treat accusations made while residing in the warmth of our homes with our family?

Answer: We don't ... those are "private" places not for all eyes to see, thus they are not public accusations.

EDIT: Typo
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 20:001 edit
    Originally posted by Exy
    What does the word "unmoderated" before the words "clan forums" mean to you???🙄

EDIT: Thanks for the publicity, Exy.
  6. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 20:15
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What does the word "unmoderated" before the words "clan forums" mean to you???🙄

EDIT: Thanks for the publicity, Exy.
    It means that people use their common sense of decency. You clearly don't have any and I hope the publicity brings that fact to as many people's attention as possible.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 20:23
    Originally posted by Exy
    It means that people use their common sense of decency. You clearly don't have any and I hope the publicity brings that fact to as many people's attention as possible.
    "Common sense of decency"; why I almost always have a pair of underwear on when I'm online!
  8. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 04:462 edits
    Originally posted by Exy
    I guess sitting on a bean-bag chair naked eating cheetoes is out.

*sigh*
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 07:36
    Originally posted by Exy
    Are you serious?
  10. england
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 20:37
    Where is the line drawn?The top 100 players should be able to play the moves to within 95% of a programme or variations therein.What about new players to the site, how are they to be monitored,you can't throw them off just because they beat everybody.Unless there is obvious changes in ratings and wins,surely it is going to be very difficult to monitor and enforce.I personally don't care I would rather play a good game against a programme knowing it was making best moves and loose and learn something.I guess some people are just bad loosers,it's not like we're playing for money!
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 22:00
    Originally posted by ceels1
    Where is the line drawn?The top 100 players should be able to play the moves to within 95% of a programme or variations therein.What about new players to the site, how are they to be monitored,you can't throw them off just because they beat everybody.Unless there is obvious changes in ratings and wins,surely it is going to be very difficult to monitor and en ...[text shortened]... earn something.I guess some people are just bad loosers,it's not like we're playing for money!
    You have a right to your opinion, no matter how stupid it is. About 90% of the people here disagree with you. http://www.timeforchess.com/vote/result.php?voteid=2
  12. england
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 05:54
    I'm lost,which is the stupid bit?Are we playing for money?
  13. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 09:36
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You have a right to your opinion, no matter how stupid it is. About 90% of the people here disagree with you. http://www.timeforchess.com/vote/result.php?voteid=2
    That's right 90% of people are backing the Game Mods. Less than 1% are backing your nonsense.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 13:01
    Originally posted by Exy
    That's right 90% of people are backing the Game Mods. Less than 1% are backing your nonsense.
    🙄🙄 Did you take a vote or divine that by telepathy?
  15. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 13:05
    Originally posted by ceels1
    I'm lost,which is the stupid bit?Are we playing for money?
    Don't worry. He had probably too much light on his screen, and saw a reflection of himself ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree