1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 12:23
    ...please turn them off from the My Settings >> My Email settings page.

We have had problems recently with user's reporting their move notification emails as spam, and then getting RHP blacklisted as a whole with their ISP.

Please, do not do this. If you do not want the emails, just them off, otherwise you will be jeopardising our ability to deliver email to people who DO want them. (Who then complain when they don't get any....)

All move notifications now contain a quick link to assist in this process.

-Russ
  2. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 13:34
    Would it be better to have a default of 'off', then if someone wants the emails then they can switch them on.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 15:36
    Originally posted by Irax
    Would it be better to have a default of 'off', then if someone wants the emails then they can switch them on.
    Agreed. And as mentioned in the Site Ideas Forum, it should be possible to switch off tournament notifications, draw offer notifications etc. as well.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 17:21
    I appreciate the problems with the other emails too. Due to some early design decisions, this isn't a quick fix, but will be coming soon when a few things are re-designed.

-Russ
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 21:26
    Originally posted by Russ
    I appreciate the problems with the other emails too.
    At least you are having fun with our bothers...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree