1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jul '12 13:04
    The inaugural season for the first of the new 4 man season will start July 11th.

Please enter your team well in advance of this date if you would like your clan to compete.

[clid]6[/clid]

The division size will be set to 6 teams.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Jul '12 13:07
    This has now started.
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    11 Jul '12 15:48
    I thought teams would be arranged in divisions according to strength. Is it just random placement?
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Jul '12 16:46
    To prime the league the clans were arranged based on their challenge performance in 2012.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Jul '12 20:18
    Originally posted by Russ
    To prime the league the clans were arranged based on their challenge performance in 2012.
    Good call!!
    Perhaps the clan list,which some clans give such importance to, ought to have a similar filter?
    I'm sure overall performance is a better measure than points scored by mounting lots of challenges.
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 14:30
    Originally posted by Russ
    Just my take, and I can appreciate it's a simple solution, but the 'challenge performance' statistics are unreliable.. 'quasi rigged' by the few that place great emphasis upon them.
    We no longer play clan challenges ( other than the ODD personally requested affair ), and more clans are taking this stance than ever before, yet we obviously made an higher division than many that continue to use challenges regularly...

next year however, we'd be plumb last based upon your qualifying criteria..
    as a competitive league clan is this right...if it's not based upon regular league appearance then first cum first served, in any new league, I say ??
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 07:10
    Rev, I assume it was only a way of setting up the first season, from now on it will be based on the previous season.
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 14:20
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Just my take, and I can appreciate it's a simple solution, but the 'challenge performance' statistics are unreliable.. 'quasi rigged' by the few that place great emphasis upon them.
    We no longer play clan challenges ( other than the ODD personally requested affair ), and more clans are taking this stance than ever before, yet we obviously made an higher ...[text shortened]... d upon regular league appearance then first cum first served, in any new league, I say ??
    I don't think 1st come 1st served would work Dean.You will just get hopelessly biased divisions.
    My post was just harping back to an old grouch of mine with the clan list.
    I notice that all teams entered in the leagues have an average team rating.
    Wouldn't that be the most logical stat to use to set up the divisions for the first time?
    I failed to get enough volunteers for a team by the way.
    I think my lot still prefer the challenges.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree