1. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 02:17
    What about if you accidentally go over a rating limit for a tournament and then drop back down - would there be some sort of special consideration made for a player in that situation?
  2. London
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 09:12
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Umm, seeing as i have dropped in grade substancially recently, i thought i might point this out. I can enter an 1800+ tournament, but my opponents have to face me graded 1300 which is really unfair on them! I am in a 16-1800 final at the moment (started the other day) and one of my opponents pointed out (quite rightly) that it was unfair that he should f ...[text shortened]... e is more than 300 points lower than the band at the start of the tournie. Does that make sense?
    As the 1800+ is the right level for you then you should be playing in an 1800+ tournament...would it be possible to make the maximum number of points your opponent could lose (and that you could gain) equivalent to them losing to a player at the lower end of the tournament band - 1800 in our example.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree