1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    20 Jan '05 11:37
    A request to all who message me.

    If you feel you need to speak to me personally & privately, please send a PM as normal, but if it is general feedback about a problem, then please send site feedback.

    I know people often recommend sending a PM to me in the forums, which is fine, but from now, on please can you ask people to send feedback. All the feedback is managed, my private PMs are not, so messages can go missing or left without a reply. Also, it would really help me manage my time a little better.

    Thanks.

    -Russ
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    38202
    21 Jan '05 09:12
    Originally posted by Russ
    A request to all who message me.

    If you feel you need to speak to me personally & privately, please send a PM as normal, but if it is general feedback about a problem, then please send site feedback.

    I know people often recommend sending a PM to me in the forums, which is fine, but from now, on please can you ask people to send feedback. All the feedba ...[text shortened]... hout a reply. Also, it would really help me manage my time a little better.

    Thanks.

    -Russ
    Well here's some feedback Russ. Nice little outage ( NZDST 1700 - 2030 hrs ) and no warning. Whats more the game clocks have been grinding on and I faced several 'red flashers' when I was finally allowed to logon. Whats the guff. Clocks should have been stopped and timeouts suspended for a grace period. Get it together Russ - this little fiasco along with your procrastination about empowering the 'game mods' is all starting to wear thin. You read the forums and I know you 'peruse' the FW forumae to get background. This I do know. You have the mandate. Do something for christ's sake. I had to resort to PM threats to get Pizzathehut to resign his obviously won games. I am aware that you will have had access to those PM's and I'm as also sure you would have witnessed his confession. Yet he still advanced in that tourney, despite my sublimal posts in an attempt to get you to act. So whats it to be Russ? I have had a few hidings lately and took the trouble of having those games analysed independantly. Those results are going to be presented to the 'game mods' if and when they are empowered. GrayEyes pretty much has an insight over all of this.
    So where are we? Well, I'm not paying anymore money Russ, until you take some action against the engine users. It's that simple. Thats the issue. As I have said on FW, there's an absolute queue of RHP members wanting to have their concerns addressed, no one more than me, so just do it Russ.
    Noms? Tebb, GrayEyes, Gatecrasher and Arrakis. Thats enough and there's no agenda's.
    Thats my lot. No doubt it'll ellicitate the usual responses and I will reply if its not personal.
    Russ : PM me if we have issues.

    Skeeter
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    21 Jan '05 09:31
    I have made a post about the outage already this morning. It was unfortunate, but we got the site back up ASAP. I am not excusing the outage, but it was the middle of the night UK time when this happened.

    Please read my post elsewhere about making cheat accusation - Forum ban on cheating accusations. I stated clearly that people should send feedback about any accusations. This post signified the start of the game moderator process, even though the full team has not been selected.

    -Russ

  4. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Joined
    09 Jan '05
    Moves
    24454
    21 Jan '05 09:53
    🙂 Thoroughly enjoying the site, the play and the interesting chat and banter which some players add to there encounters.

    Some however must realise when they pm demanding resignations that others may not be able to see as far ahead in the game and/or may enjoy learning end games from a better player in taking the game to the end.. 🙄

    Thank you to all those responsible for such a wonderful site.. I'll certainly keep subscribing until my current chess thirst has been quenched. Cheers
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    21 Jan '05 10:09
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Well here's some feedback Russ. Nice little outage ( NZDST 1700 - 2030 hrs ) and no warning. Whats more the game clocks have been grinding on and I faced several 'red flashers' when I was finally allowed to logon. Whats the guff. Clocks should have been stopped and timeouts suspended for a grace period. Get it together Russ - this little fiasco along with ...[text shortened]... esponses and I will reply if its not personal.
    Russ : PM me if we have issues.

    Skeeter
    Just for the record, it appears you have never notified me about your issue with Pizzathehut. I will check your messages now (I only do this with consent) to read this confession.

    -Russ
  6. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    41150
    21 Jan '05 10:20
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    🙂

    Some however must realise when they pm demanding resignations that others may not be able to see as far ahead in the game and/or may enjoy learning end games from a better player in taking the game to the end.. 🙄

    😀 In normal circumstance, yes, play at your leisure. But in this special case the person winning the games was asked to resign...

  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    21 Jan '05 10:21
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have made a post about the outage already this morning. It was unfortunate, but we got the site back up ASAP. I am not excusing the outage, but it was the middle of the night UK time when this happened.

    Please read my post elsewhere about making cheat accusation - Forum ban on cheating accusations. I stated clearly that people should send feedback about ...[text shortened]... art of the game moderator process, even though the full team has not been selected.

    -Russ

    Since there was a public vote, the community is going to be informed of who is on the Game Mods, aren't we? I mean these people publicly volunteered, so there's no privacy issue involved. And knowing that there are respected individuals on the Game Mods will increase the credibility of any decisions rendered. Have any Game Mods been selected already?
  8. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Joined
    25 Nov '04
    Moves
    46658
    31 Jan '05 18:371 edit
    Without knowing who the game mods are.. wouldn't that be a better way? this will prevent fights and accusations directed to the mods.. I can only assume that once it would be determined that someone is cheating, it would be Russ that would advise/ban them, therefor the mods could continue playing without risk of harassment. I know many are very interested in knowing who they are, but I think it anonymity the best route.
  9. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Joined
    11 Jul '04
    Moves
    24569
    31 Jan '05 19:46
    Originally posted by MIODude
    Without knowing who the game mods are.. wouldn't that be a better way? this will prevent fights and accusations directed to the mods.. I can only assume that once it would be determined that someone is cheating, it would be Russ that would advise/ban them, therefor the mods could continue playing without risk of harassment. I know many are very interested in knowing who they are, but I think it anonymity the best route.
    I agree. Being one of the top 3 vote receivers I have already received numerous PMs regarding players that some people want checked out. Firstly, I AM NOT A CHEAT MOD, Russ still hasn't made them yet, and even when he does, if I am one sending me a PM will certainly not be the way to go about any reporting. This is why I posted in another forum that Russ should simply announce that he has selected the cheat mods and not say who they are, with the PMs I've gotten so far I can't even imagine how many more I'd get if he named the mods in the forums. Still am curious to know when things will get moving on this though. Seeming like it was hype to quiet down those tired of playig engines and now has all but died out.
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    31 Jan '05 20:07
    Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
    I agree. Being one of the top 3 vote receivers I have already received numerous PMs regarding players that some people want checked out. Firstly, I AM NOT A CHEAT MOD, Russ still hasn't made them yet, and even when he does, if I am one sending me a PM will certainly not be the way to go about any reporting. This is why I posted in another forum that Rus ...[text shortened]... eming like it was hype to quiet down those tired of playig engines and now has all but died out.
    I strongly disagree. The system should be transparent; we voted on the Game Mods we should know who was selected. If Russ wants to penalize people for harassing the Game Mods or even ban people being investigated from PM'ing the Game Mods that's fine with me. But this issue was brought up by the community, not the site admins, and the community should know what exactly is being done. I find all this secrecy ridiculous and counterproductive; one of the biggest reason for having the Game Mods is to deter engine use, but if nobody knows whether there even are ANY Game Mods it's not much of a deterrence, is it?
  11. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Joined
    11 Jul '04
    Moves
    24569
    31 Jan '05 20:49
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I strongly disagree. The system should be transparent; we voted on the Game Mods we should know who was selected. If Russ wants to penalize people for harassing the Game Mods or even ban people being investigated from PM'ing the Game Mods that's fine with me. But this issue was brought up by the community, not the site admins, and the community ...[text shortened]... but if nobody knows whether there even are ANY Game Mods it's not much of a deterrence, is it?
    ok some type of penalization would be a good idea if he's going to publically announce them. O'm just thinking it will cause Russ more headaches doing it that way. As soon as he makes an announcement, if he ever does, 20 PMs are gonna hit each game mod all at once from people with concerns. And I still don't think the game mods or the vote were as publicized as they should have been. Main page info would have been nice instead of having to surf the site or go through the forums to even know about it. Though I am happy with the number of people who voted I would have liked to have seen like 200 more voters. I still sit and wonder where on the to-do list the starting of the game mods is so that they may begin working on the system of the whole process and im sure testing will be need to be done as well, all which will take even more time.
  12. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Joined
    06 Jan '03
    Moves
    15730
    31 Jan '05 21:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    A request to all who message me.

    If you feel you need to speak to me personally & privately, please send a PM as normal, but if it is general feedback about a problem, then please send site feedback.

    I know people often recommend sending a PM to me in the forums, which is fine, but from now, on please can you ask people to send feedback. All the feedba ...[text shortened]... hout a reply. Also, it would really help me manage my time a little better.

    Thanks.

    -Russ
    Perhaps the feedback should be renamed. I am not a native english speaker, so correct me if I'm wrong, but when I have e.g. a problem with subscription, I don't want to send feedback, but I need a contact form or something like that, no?
    Just my two (euro) cents,
    th
Back to Top