1. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 21:32
    I'm free in 2013, try it then. 😕 JK do what you have to do, when you have to do it. Just suspend time outs as usual. 🙂
  2. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 21:47
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I am not nothing...!

Why so many votes in the middle of the night? I like to stay up very very very late, so I prefer no downtime before six o'clock in the morning. Who wants to play in the morning around eight or nine anyway? You should be sleeping out late, getting underway to school or work, or should be working at that time...!
    Maybe I should have said "because I'm pretty sure not all of them read the forums", oh well. 😛
  3. In your face
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 23:54
    Originally posted by Russ
    We have a number of maintenance jobs that will require periods of downtime of up to 3 hours.

Some need to happen now to improve site stability, others are to allow us to add features in the future

So, if you are a subscriber, we need your input on when this is most convenient to you. We could pick the time the site is least loaded (least activity) but th ...[text shortened]... ss

edit 20080214 : Please also take a look at [vid]15[/vid], a consultation about new forums.
    Whatever time your lunch break is at.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 03:07
    From what I have seen the site seems to have less activity during weekends, but I doubt that you will find a time that everyone will be universally happy with, so just pick it according to when it is most convenient for you. You're the one who is doing the work.

How often does the site need to be down? Weekly, monthly, or what? Would a couple of hours every week be better than several hours once a month?

Once you have decided, let us know when it will be down then stick with the schedule. An example would be;
    "The site will be shut down for maintenance every Monday from 0800 -1000, GMT ." or;
    "The site will be shut down for maintenance the first Saturday or each month from 0800 - 1600, GMT."

Then just shut it down as scheduled. Everyone will eventually get the idea and rearrange their lives accordingly.
  5. Subscriberabalone
    Good in soups
    In the can! Dummy!
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 12:55
    of course when it makes most sense for you to minimise the down tjme

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree