1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 11:432 edits
    We have a number of maintenance jobs that will require periods of downtime of up to 3 hours.

Some need to happen now to improve site stability, others are to allow us to add features in the future

So, if you are a subscriber, we need your input on when this is most convenient to you. We could pick the time the site is least loaded (least activity) but this may not actually be the preferred time for the site to be down, so please provide your feedback by using this vote:

[vid]14[/vid]

We will use the results to decide the schedule for all future planned outages.

Thanks for your time.

-Russ

edit 20080214 : Please also take a look at [vid]15[/vid], a consultation about new forums.
  2. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 12:473 edits
    I decided to choose from 4-7am (GMT), I'm never on the computer at this time, but neither am I a few hours earlier either, but I thought it would be better for our American friends for this to not eat up their time as well.
    I would perhaps encourage people to think along similar lines.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 13:26
    I am in a denying chessoholic state so whenever the site is out I experience various non pleasant symtoms.

However - I would like all thinking times to be stopped during the outage, not just immunity from being timed out, nor some extra hours in the timebank.

I do understand the needs of planned maintenance periods, when RHP is shut down for a while. I just take a pill, go to bed, and call myself sick to my employer. The planned ones are better than the unplanned outages because of lacking regular maintenance.
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 14:29
    I have no preference, just a posted warning with approximent times would be nice.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 15:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    We have a number of maintenance jobs that will require periods of downtime of up to 3 hours.

Some need to happen now to improve site stability, others are to allow us to add features in the future

So, if you are a subscriber, we need your input on when this is most convenient to you. We could pick the time the site is least loaded (least activity) but th ...[text shortened]... to decide the schedule for all future planned outages.

Thanks for your time.

-Russ
    I've voted.

Would it be feasible to email a small selection of active games to each user before planned outages? Maybe the 10/20 shortest time left games, so that we could analyse offline.

D
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 15:24

So, if you are a subscriber, we need your input on when this is most convenient to you. We could pick the time the site is least loaded (least activity) but th ...[text shortened]... to decide the schedule for all future planned outages.

Thanks for your time.

-Russ
    what is the time of least activity?
  7. Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 15:50
    Originally posted by duecer
    I have no preference, just a posted warning with approximent times would be nice.
    Totally agree! Give a warning is very necessary please!
  8. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 16:21
    Does it matter Russ? Since this is a global site it will impinge on someone, let the grousing commence 😉- It's your site do it at your convenience.
  9. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 16:54
    Russ,
    Do it when it's best for you.

😀
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 17:03
    Originally posted by IM4Y2NV
    Russ,
    Do it when it's best for you.

😀
    04:00 - 05:00 GMT ? 😴
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 17:35

Thanks for your time.

-Russ
    Oh, any time which causes most hassle for the Christian right.

Other than that, I'm fine 😉
  12. UK
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 18:43
    Probably depends on if it's a weekend or not. Or if I am on holiday or not. Or various other things.

But probably 1-7 AM gmt is the best time for me to be prevented from making moves. Based on those being my worst moves due to me being asleep.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 20:19
    Doesn't matter to me
  14. Joined
    28 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 20:23
    Sometime when I'm not playing!
  15. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 20:57
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Doesn't matter to me
    me neither, as long as i get my money back!:o

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree