10 Nov '06 12:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 22:30
    Russ, lets go the whole hog......not just random colour but also random, timebanks, random moves, hey lets just throw the cards in the air and let them fall where they may, kinda like a wild card game where if you dare you press the detonate button and whatever comes your way , whatever the rules you play! for the ones who still search for the first time!
  4. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 17:561 edit
    Originally posted by Chris
    Take your chances.
    Very good idea. Thanks for another fine addition to a great site.
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 18:12
    Umm, shouldn't the colour remain random till someone accepts it? The accepting player can see what colour they will be before the game starts which sort of defeats the point, doesn't it?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 19:54
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Umm, shouldn't the colour remain random till someone accepts it? The accepting player can see what colour they will be before the game starts which sort of defeats the point, doesn't it?
    agree, it's only random for one player in the open invites section, just tried it out. Can't it be random for both players?
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 12:29
    Originally posted by RONOC
    Russ, lets go the whole hog......not just random colour but also random, timebanks, random moves, hey lets just throw the cards in the air and let them fall where they may, kinda like a wild card game where if you dare you press the detonate button and whatever comes your way , whatever the rules you play! for the ones who still search for the first time!
    I like this idea. I agree with it. I second it.
  8. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 17:35
    Have a rec. Agreed that it ought to be random until accepted.

Not at all keen on the other idea presented here, but if it were possible to chose between random colour and random everything, I would not mind someone else having the choice. I will just avoid those games. I would say that the same arguement applies to this option though - random until accepted.

Gezza
  9. Joined
    28 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 17:07
    Thanks for the random button, but I think that when a player views the game invitation, the color should say random, and not B or W. Thanks
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 00:00
    How random can you get, you are either going to play black or white.

I just don't see the point in this additional option myself.

😕🙄
  11. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 02:27
    Seems to me like drawing pawns to determine who goes first, Works for me.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 07:21
    Originally posted by Chris
    Take your chances.
    It's nice that you're thinking about ways to improve the site, but it seems like a pretty useless feature to me. What RHP really needs is a conditional move feature, user created tourneys would be nice, and when starting new games, the ability to start games (or invites) in pairs, ie; wh. & bl. each.
  13. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 19:49
    Originally posted by MerchantParkPro
    It's nice that you're thinking about ways to improve the site, but it seems like a pretty useless feature to me. What RHP really needs is a conditional move feature, user created tourneys would be nice, and when starting new games, the ability to start games (or invites) in pairs, ie; wh. & bl. each.
    Most of which are available on a rival site which is often berated on here.
  14. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 00:06
    Good point. Plus, I just sent a player a game and used the "random" option. I told him that I chose the random option (and didn't choose my favorite color), but he really just has to take my word for it. There's no indication anywhere that it's actually random.
  15. Joined
    13 Feb '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 22:44
    yeah, random color should be random for the person accepting too. Actually, I think ALL rated games should have random color choices.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree