1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 16:59
    Starting the 2005 championship, the largest tournament so far, proved rather stressful on our servers so I had to take the site down for a few minutes to give the it every chance of succeeding. (I was very nervous for a few minutes....)

-Russ
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 17:04
    It appears that people viewing the tournament has made the site run sluggishly too, so expect poor performance for a short while.

-Russ
  3. London
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 17:12
    yes the site is running a lot slower than usual...i dont know that much about computers so i dont know wether this will clear up eventually or if it will be like this until the 2005 championship finishes?
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 17:15
    If there is still a performance problem in a couple of hours I will have to prevent people viewing the tournament until a fix of some kind can be implemented.

All the games can be played as normal though.

-Russ
  5. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 17:45
    Originally posted by Russ
    If there is still a performance problem in a couple of hours I will have to prevent people viewing the tournament until a fix of some kind can be implemented.

All the games can be played as normal though.

-Russ
    It appears that the tournament can't be viewed anyway - request times out...
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 17:54
    It has now been blocked.

-Russ
  7. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 20:071 edit
    Russ, how about a workaround, the only group people want to see to start with is the group that they are playing in - could you fix it to just display MY GROUP as a variable when a user views the 2005 Tournament, just for the first few rounds?
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 23:05
    I will need to upload a hack, as suggested, so people can see their group before reworking a more permanent solution.

-Russ
  9. London
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 23:47
    whats a hack?

fred
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 23:57
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    whats a hack?

fred
    Its what a Blackburn Rovers defender does in panic when the ball is in his box. HACK!!

Another meaning is a quick software fix, which may or may not be a little bit woohhh, a little bit waaaayy. Know what I mean? Normally done when there are massive time/laziness issues. 😉

D
  11. London
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 00:02
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Its what a Blackburn Rovers defender does in panic when the ball is in his box. HACK!!

Another meaning is a quick software fix, which may or may not be a little bit woohhh, a little bit waaaayy. Know what I mean? Normally done when there are massive time/laziness issues. 😉

D
    oh dear please god....not a charlton fan?

fred
  12. London
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 00:10
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    if you are talking about the charlton game, im sorry but there was no way in hell that that was a penalty; lucas neill clearly got the ball, danny murphy is just a girl and couldnt take a proper challenge!

fred
  13. Subscriberchris stephensonline
    i'll decide!
    Glasgow Scotland
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 00:16
    if you are talking about the charlton game, im sorry but there was no way in hell that that was a penalty; lucas neill clearly got the ball, danny murphy is just a girl and couldnt take a proper challenge!

fred
    ragnorak is actually a huge manchester united fan, but hey you guys know that the scottish league is better dont you!
  14. London
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 00:20
    Originally posted by chris stephens
    ragnorak is actually a huge manchester united fan, but hey you guys know that the scottish league is better dont you!
    how could you waste vauable time and server speed to say that!....you've got 12 teams in your top league, of which only 2 ever compete for the title, and one of those teams never really challenges for it!, where as the top english league has 20 teams and 5 top class european teams!

fred
  15. Standard memberSbecspeledrX
    Pencampwr Maes-e
    Treffynnon.
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 01:552 edits
    where as the top english league has 20 teams and 5 top class european teams!

fred
    5 top class european teams? When is the last time Man Utd won the european cup? And when is the last time any english team but Man Utd won the european cup.

I love English fans 😉 you reckon youre the dogs at football and your overhyped. One world cup, on home soil, with a dodgy linesman and you think you've a right to win everything. Go to Italy, Spain or Germany if you want to see top european teams.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree